197549

6.8
6.7
6.6

> In reply to Jasimine @ 2009-05-27 04:55 from jxxL - click to readNo you can't use this phone on non-GSM base service providers. This one only work on GSM carrier

• 2009-07-29 18:15
  • I0vt

I love this phone so much but I changed my service provider and I still want to use this same phone,my question is can I unlocked this phone and will it worked w/ alltel which they don't required sim card to use the phone

• 2009-05-27 04:55
  • jxxL

SOLUTION HOW TO ACCESS YAHOO MAIL and GOOGLE from Motorola W 490

Download Browser Mini Opera and everything will work perfectly ! Size: 155 kb

Link: http://www.getjar.com/products...niWebbrowser

or type in your phone's browser http://mini.opera.com

and chose to Download on your phone the Mini Opera Broswer.

Have fun checking your mails !

Anna M

• 2009-03-25 16:20
  • 4kA$

i have motorola w490 and i am enjoying it but i have 1 question? Is it possiable to get speakers for this phone and i dont mean earphones i mean speakers you can plug in and take out when you done using them please help.. Thanx

• 2009-03-24 14:05
  • NaD}

> In reply to Anna @ 2009-02-17 12:34 from 4kA$ - click to readAnna:

Try the suggestions on this web site. It worked for me. You will loose the Motorola Media player (junk anyway) but the web access works great.

• 2009-03-21 22:06
  • iNLD

why doesnt this fone have a radio as you all know a radiio is a necesiti we need to listen to broadcasts and in the news if we dont have time to go home. you guys have really costed us!!

• 2009-03-12 15:40
  • GfuL

Screen turned white after a year, seems it's pretty common with this phone.

• 2009-03-04 23:44
  • IxHQ

> In reply to picaso @ 2009-02-02 22:23 from uNVA - click to readI have problems accessing Yahoo Mail with my Motorola W490. Anyone has the same problem ? I access the log in page (Yahoo Mail) and then after filling in the ID & pw, it won't log me in, gives me an error.

Thanks

• 2009-02-17 12:34
  • 4kA$

this phone is one of the best from Motorola.....beautiful and smart phone

• 2009-02-02 22:23
  • uNVA

> In reply to Tony @ 2008-12-06 22:54 from je2c - click to readit's willn't change up

• 2009-01-24 19:18
  • IE70

i recieved the w490 as a gift with no instructions included. my problem is i have a bunch of songs i do not want whats my limit on the list and how do i erase unwanted songs, or even record over them

• 2008-12-28 17:09
  • Im7u

I bought this phone in August and in less than a month later....the screen turned white. Then the number 2 on the phone stop working. Everytime I close my phone and open it up it either turns off or the screen goes white and then I have to turn it off and on again which is really fustrating. I suggest anyone who wants this phone to find another.

• 2008-12-27 05:22
  • Tixs

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-11-10 22:41 from Q{tx - click to readThe character count maximum for one SMS is 160 characters including spaces.

• 2008-12-25 15:29
  • mt0q

Received the Motorola W490 from T-Mobile (USA) in July 2008. No issues until December of 2008 when the battery couldn't hold a charge.

• 2008-12-06 22:54
  • je2c

Had this phone for a while. Good first phone easy to use. good price, a bargain great camera. IM is a good feature i love this fone.. i have had some minor setbacks...screnn turning white but everything else working well!

• 2008-11-17 01:53
  • YH9M

> In reply to Megan @ 2008-10-30 03:18 from 4EuD - click to readyup...ive had this phone for only 3 months...1st my little screen on cover screwed up and became dark...then my main screen went completely blank white a week or so later. P.O.S!

• 2008-11-12 11:08
  • 4TpB

I just got the Motorola W490 and I can't figure out when I've gone over the word limit when texting (per page) usually phones show the letter count-down but this phone counts up. Is there a setting change I should look into?

• 2008-11-10 22:41
  • Q{tx

> In reply to Timothy Shampoe @ 2008-08-31 21:08 from 0diw - click to readOh my god. I have had 2 replacement phones. The first two times it went white. Now it is just frozen. If the phone is shut and i recieve a call i can open it and talk but every button is frozen! this is so irritating and they just send the same phone over and over and i take good care of my phones so i dont know what the deal is.

• 2008-10-30 03:18
  • 4EuD

my sd reader not working. when i insert the sim card it wont read it, i bought this phone about 6 months ago. try diffrent card wont read it

• 2008-10-23 07:16
  • kS1V

> In reply to bob joe @ 2008-09-22 14:41 from 4Yri - click to readYou need to go to the main menu - choose Settings - then choose Ring Styles. In the Ring Styles then choose the Style of ring you have or want. Then go to that Style detail screen and you will see how to set up that style's ringtone for everything.

• 2008-09-26 20:07
  • a6{L
Total of 80 user reviews and opinions for Motorola W490.