Motorola W490 - user opinions and reviews

199945

6.8
6.7
6.6

i think this fone is alright but it kinda ticks me off when i cant figure out how to change the tone for incoming messeages...
if anyone knows how plzz tell me

• 2008-09-22 14:41
  • 4Yri

ugh this phone sux...it really does...i bought this phone for my brothers and my dad thinking oh its cute and they'll love it...well i was right they thot it was cool but no more than a month later my dads phone goes white..so we send it in for another one and then my brothers phone did the same thing both of theirs...im trying to convince my dad to get another phone but hes old fashioned and doesnt really care...meanwhile my brothers are dying haha... i wouldnt recommend this phone to anyone

• 2008-09-20 23:53
  • 47Bh

I have had the motorola W490 for 9 months. Actually I have had 4 phones because the screen goes blank without any damages. I just keep getting the same phone sent to me with no exlanation of what the heck was wrong with it. Now a coulple of weeks after I got my fourth phone the white screen started happening again. This phone is worthless and I wouldn't recomend a w490 for any reason. I would not accept one if the CEO of Motorola paid me a million dollars.

• 2008-08-31 21:08
  • 0diw

This phone is an unmitigated piece of crap. I purchased it October '07. Today it, once again, started the dialing on its own business. This was my third issued phone. I finally gave up and they're sending me a KRZR instead of yet another W490.

My advice? Under no circumstances should anyone purchase a Motorola phone unless they have a gun to their head. I went through the EXACT same hassles with my Razr a couple years back. I had to have it replaced four times as well.

I'll never buy a Motorola again. I don't know why I was stupid enough to do it the second time.

• 2008-08-31 00:43
  • Y1BK

How do I change the tone for my incoming text messages?

• 2008-08-19 02:13
  • 0gIa

Okay i got this phone for Christmas, and i loved it. they have it in purple, which is my favorite color, so i was pretty happy. in february, the phone started acting really weird. it was not water damaged or anything. i dialed my friends number and talked for like 5 minutes and then the phone kept pressing the number 4 5 and 6 by itself, it made a loud dialtone and i couldn't understand anything. i guess they keyboard locked or something, i still dont know. i just stuck with texting and then the next day, the backlight when out. it lit up, but that's it. it broke for absolutley no reason, so we took it back to t-mobile, and they sent us the same phone. now, in august, the phone is having the same problems, again for no reason. we took it back to t-mobile and now there sending a completly different phone that hopefully, we'll have better luck with. the phone itself has a great design, but i dont recommend it for anything else.

• 2008-08-13 20:34
  • kEYK

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-01-06 01:03 from Rbq2 - click to readI have had the same problems with the keypad just dialing numbers by itself. Thank god I had the warrenty from tmobile cause I'm phone #3 for the same problems.

• 2008-08-07 01:08
  • 4}V}

> In reply to dalton @ 2008-05-15 15:59 from j5a} - click to readgo to usb mode and click the music file, then drag and drop youre tuns into music file.

• 2008-08-07 01:03
  • 4k}M

> In reply to sudha @ 2008-07-07 07:41 from ut1x - click to readhow to unlock the keypad

• 2008-07-31 22:23
  • YYij

How to unlock the external keypad? My mobile is not working. It displays a command external keypad is locked.

• 2008-07-07 07:41
  • ut1x

does it come in pay-as-you-go?
because im looking for a good phone and this sounds like the perfect one i just need to no if it is pay as you go

• 2008-05-18 17:52
  • pYx2

how do u put music on it

• 2008-05-15 15:59
  • j5a}

this phone is one of the best from Motorola.....beautiful and smart phone

• 2008-05-04 22:43
  • pkrK

does it take mxit?????????????if anyone knows plz let me know,thats very important to me. i have a n70 which i hate and i wanted to take the w490 on contract is it wise?????

• 2008-04-29 14:53
  • Nhd@

I have a Motorola W490 and I am very satisfied, especially of big memory that it support.It's a simple and good quality mobile phone

• 2008-04-29 14:14
  • 3c65

Greatttttt phone love the MP3 player never had a better phone motrola really out did themselves this time.

• 2008-04-20 15:32
  • kLa3

So I've dropped my Motorola W490 phone and totally submerged it. It turns on, and the screen lights up but...nothing else. I suppose it's completely fried...is there any reason to think it might not be?

• 2008-04-16 07:17
  • P9I}

Well I've had this phone for 4 months or so. Its a pretty cool phone. As far as standby time and picture quality I love it. I also love the fact that it has a music player and expandable memory. As for the bad... the browser sucks pretty bad and my key pad is pretty crappy. Nothing I can't live with tho. Lol. The motorola w40 gets a 7 out of 10 from me.

• 2008-04-09 16:58
  • ThQq

A basic phone with a long standby time. The materials of the phone, especially the numbers pad feel a bit cheap, but hey got if for free when I renewed my contract!

• 2008-02-27 05:40
  • jIPI

today i got mine it's a great phone it realy makes the money

• 2008-02-20 19:05
  • pk36
Total of 80 user reviews and opinions for Motorola W490.