Motorola W510 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.2
7.0
7.1

> In reply to charlie @ 2010-05-10 14:26 from ibfS - click to readi have used this phone for 6months,its a good phone but camera quality is not that much good.

• 2010-06-23 03:45
  • vwc%

why did you say the motorola is awesome and cute ?

• 2010-05-30 20:34
  • 9HEd

My phone cant locate my memory card installed after i had closed the lid or cover.But when i off the phone for about 10 mins or more and open it the memory card together with the phone built in memory appears in the storage devices.and here's the problem.when i closed the cover lid and try to open again, it cant detect the memory card.have tried different card 2gb and below but the same problem appears.do i have avirus in my phone?Please help.

• 2010-05-29 06:59
  • t75B

i have motorola W510, i want to know the cost of my battery in malaysia,

• 2010-05-10 14:26
  • ibfS

how can I change the ringtone of the sms? it`s verry dificult!!

• 2010-05-06 02:49
  • Lx2f

I've had this phone for abt a year and a half. It's decent. Recently though, it starting freezing when i sometimes play videos and the screen flashes white. The keypad gets worn down really quickly.
Today I changed the keypad and now it gets super hot when i try to charge it and it doesnt seem to detect my memory card anymore. Help!

• 2010-04-18 06:16
  • Lx8e

i have that W510 phone its awesome and cute.

• 2010-04-12 03:41
  • PSkG

I have had the W510 phone in bubble gum pink since 2008 and it has alot of storage for texts, pictures,and videos.It has bluetooth link,car settings,airplane mode,and instani messaging.
If i had to rate this phone from 1 to 10 i would give it a 7 .

• 2010-04-08 08:42
  • qJaN

I have a moto w510 sience 2008.It's a great phone.I never had big problem with hardware part's.I mean never had problems with display or with speaker or whatever.With the software part...dont worry.If i had a problem i just flashed a firmware and everything was ok.And this phone it last's 3-4 days with 3 hours of calls and about 200-300 msg/day.My carrier has some great offers with minutes and messages but this phone it lasts great.I have also a Motorola Z6.Its great but in 1 day his battery was empty.So...Good battery life,no problems(hardware),good reception.Great phone

regard's.

• 2010-04-05 13:07
  • 3cbm

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-01-15 23:36 from 0mq6 - click to readI'm so glad I saw your post! I can't believe this has been the problem, but it has. I tried the troubleshooter on Motorola.com but the page won't load properly. Figures. My phone forced me to enter a year between 1988 and 2007. I'll just put up with it I guess.

• 2010-04-03 21:51
  • pTyy

I haven't problems, exept... sometimes on display give 'Invalid battery'? ;(

• 2010-03-31 09:29
  • 38P1

I buy this phone in 2008 III 22. From Cosmote. For me works very fine. One problem was, when i made a too loud song on comtuter for ringtone and i damage the buzzer(speaker). That problem was rezolv in guaranty time and now works fine again. Like it.

• 2010-03-14 16:20
  • p3KK

is this moto 510 water resistant?

• 2010-03-08 14:57
  • Rf7{

my motorola w510. the screen turns white, or black, or it blurs the image into white when i open it. also when i play music and close the screen it shuts off the music instead of playing it, then it freezes the fone. do i have a virus?? wat do i do? how do i fix it? thanks for the help in advance.

• 2010-02-22 06:55
  • v0w7

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-01-15 23:36 from 0mq6 - click to readI've had no problem with mine but don't understand the message memory meter - please bear with me as I am a senior citizen - there is a bar with six ball-like figures horizontally with a minus sign at the far left and a plus sign at the far right - my question is which number is for how much memory remaining, a lower number or a higher number, knowing that the numbers in the message memory meter go from 1 to 6. Thank you in advance if you are able and willing to answer my question.

P.S. I have had no problem with the date on my W510.

• 2010-02-11 22:21
  • 4yQg

i had this phone not long ago, it is nice but when a friend tried to send me a picture, it did download the picture. i just got a message saying that there was an error. does any body know how to fix it?????

• 2010-01-27 02:55
  • qR2d

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-06-01 20:13 from v0Xt - click to readeasy, from the main screen go to styles, then detail, then message, choose change, then choose your song.

• 2010-01-20 17:21
  • jgKk

Has anyone a problem with the software? My W510 shuts itself off all the time, because of the new year 2010 problem. As it seems, the software doesn't handle the change from '09 to '10, as it went crazy right in the first minute of this year. I changed the date to a previous one - '08 and the phone works fine. But I want to use it with the proper date - has anyone a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance

• 2010-01-15 23:36
  • 0mq6

I purchased the Moto W510 used because of the investment made in batteries & chargers for my Moto Q and Moto Renew W233.

The W510 is unique in that its firmware is recent enough to detect incompatible battery packs such as the BQ50.

Both the backlight timeout (5, 10, & 20 seconds) and the display timeout (off, 1 minute & 2 minutes) allows one to see display & backlight timeouts to conserve battery power.

I have backlight timeout set for 10 seconds, and display timeout, 1 minute - though I've had the cellphone on for over 8 hours since the last charge.

My concern for battery life has been relieved by the initial use of this phone.

• 2009-12-28 08:48
  • Ych7

I had a sony w300i and it died after 2 years. This phone was a oh no I have to replace it and I'm stuck in a contact with a crappy company Who's razors did the white screen, strobe light, on, off, freeze thing to everyone I knew that had one. So the sales lady grabs this phone I said NO I had get this 17 razors in 6 months that looks like a razor. Oh no this phone's nothing like those. Well she LIED! after 2 weeks It freezes, Whites out, Turns off, Keeps turning off. Blinks, Take out battery re-apply battery than look it's loading SLOOOOOOOWLY. This is the WORST peice of crap besides their razor's I have ever owned! I'd love to find that witch and throw the peice of junk at her but she's no longer there. AVOID AT ALL COST! My razor from Verizon worked awesome by the way. I hate this phone with a royal passion, I hate that lying witch who talked me into it also.

• 2009-12-18 04:21
  • TaaT
Total of 254 user reviews and opinions for Motorola W510.