Motorola W510 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.2
7.0
7.1

very execellent working...........1 of my best phone....

• 2009-12-10 04:10
  • vwc%

Oh,and i forgot to add.When the phone is charging it gets really hot,so im afraid to charge it,i dont want it to fully break

• 2009-12-09 20:20
  • Lx7D

I own this cell phone.And yes,it is really great,but for the first 6 months.I started having a problem with the screen,i open up the cell phone and the screen turns white for like 3-6 seconds.Then,it gets slower,you have to wait for the menu to show up.And then,the memory started glitching,i thought it was my memory card,but it was the cell phone.And now,i cant take any photos or music,because i dont have enough memory.I dont recommend this cell phone,it kinda sucks.I want to change it,and i think i will.I saw that other people are having the same problem and that master reset thing doesnt work,it doesnt solve anything,well,atleast not for me.I dont recommend this cell phone if you are going to use it for +6 months,dont buy it x(.

• 2009-12-09 20:19
  • Lx7D

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-11-20 18:43 from jQIJ - click to readIt is a very sexy mobile

• 2009-12-03 15:07
  • wiUE

> In reply to Manderrr @ 2008-07-28 05:01 from jAdt - click to readunlimited texting refers to being able to send and recieve as many texts as youd like with out being charged for them on your bill,not the amount of texts your phone stores in it's memory,lmao

• 2009-11-20 18:43
  • jQIJ

I've had it for a while and it's very good and reliable but after a while get boring but can't complain it works for simple and if you like texting i suggest soemthing else but good for talk to friends and family.

• 2009-11-01 08:17
  • Yd0e

For the first 6 months, this phone was great. Excellent battery life, decent features with affordable price. The only trouble I had was with the installed browser. It just doesn't work. The web-session settings were fine because they work with opera mini.
Then the problems started revealing themselves one by one. At first the memory card slot starts acting up. Sometimes it would work fine, sometimes it would say 'media unformatted', and other times it just fails to detect the memory card. At first I thought my card was faulty, but it worked fine on other devices.
Then came the blank screen every now and then. Then the random hangs.
After 1 year, my phone was still usable but mostly just for calling and texting. I can't use the camera and music player if the card slot keeps having random glitches. Swollen batteries (well my lousy charging habits probably contributed to this), I tried replacing the batteries but the phone wont accept the new batteries with message: Invalid Battery, Unable to charge.

My conclusion: If you only plan to use this phone for 6 months or less, go ahead. Otherwise just avoid this phone.

• 2009-10-31 14:10
  • wrh2

HI.. its a nice mobile.. gud battery life..

• 2009-10-23 05:53
  • v{R}

how do i turn off my key pad volume?

• 2009-09-21 03:30
  • vxDa

The phone I had before was a V635 and it was great till the charger and the screen quicklt acted up and died..This phone at first made me say WOW! Compact and capable but... Six months later the battery started failing and the blank screen started to really piss me off.. I've had Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and a couple of Motoral's and nothing bites like W510 .. (6 months, come on! )

• 2009-09-20 17:31
  • jste

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-06-08 23:56 from F8qc - click to readYes! You can!

• 2009-09-20 06:45
  • Pdik

this phone is great except his case, has 2 distinct colors and very enoying rinkless

• 2009-09-04 10:04
  • 0Us5

This phone has no use... It seems like there is smth wrong with it every 4 months. I have taken it to service twice, and after one month I cannot turn it on... Cannot boot...
Dfntly, moto sux...

• 2009-08-30 23:58
  • 39kI

I got my W510 from ebay- does the grey phone comes in 2 colour tone in the front- one purplish and the bottom in grey?

• 2009-08-07 04:21
  • Mf5R

> In reply to Moto-fan @ 2009-06-22 23:15 from YccD - click to readhow u can talk like that about this phone!!!!!! this is the most bad phone that i ever used.oufffff!but now i have a nok-6555 its very very good to use internet.i love it.

• 2009-07-06 23:17
  • PHkK

Hi, this is my 4th motorola, I loved this and the first (w-235) I had it for around 6 month , still working perfect, really no problem at all, last week I had the bad idea to tray to change for a ZN-200 , was the worst idea in several years I had to give back and lost money (restocking fee) I still using my 510 and am happy again. This a solid confiable device.

• 2009-06-22 23:15
  • YccD

This handset has been amazing. I have loved it until just recently after having the phone for 6 months, the screen started having all the problems you will read from other owners of this device. I am so peeved at this particular model and I reported this problem to Moto themselves. They replied and told me to go to Master Reset to reset the phone. How stupid! Its the display flex cable or whatever. NOT THE MEMORY AND STUFF LIKE THAT! I am getting a new phone. I would NOT recommend this phone. Sorry. Thanks for reading,
an unhappy-customer's review.

• 2009-06-22 18:28
  • kfkY

this phone, i can honestly say is the worst phone i have ever purchased. It deletes all memory on my phone, i cant close my phone because the screen will turn either white or black im afraid to close or turn it off i recommend if you're looking for a phone do not purchase this particular phone

• 2009-06-19 01:34
  • 4XNX

this phone was good for the first 6 months. then it just started to suck. battery life, screen display, notifications they all failed. im getting a new phone.

• 2009-06-10 06:07
  • kaxY

Can you restrict calls on this handset?

• 2009-06-08 23:56
  • F8qc
Total of 253 user reviews and opinions for Motorola W510.