Motorola XOOM MZ604 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.7
7.7
7.8

The Xoom is my favourite tablet of all the tablets I have used. I upgraded the software to jellybean 4.1.1 and its breathed new life into my xoom. Its fast and the keyboard is instantly responsive.
I tested the 4.1.2 and the 4.2 jellybean ROMs on it and I think it was pushing its ROM too far become laggish and the internet speeds dropped off.
I can honestly say the 4.1.1 mod stock ROM turns my Xoom into a new tablet again and I see no reason to change it in the near future.
I don't think motorola ever realised what a gem the Xoom was as the rushed to push the new xoom out quite early after the mz604.

• 2013-06-07 22:15
  • H5Vg

> In reply to supun @ 2013-05-29 13:46 from IWUZ - click to readThis Motorola Xoom mz604 is good Tablet But is not for G SM. if can make. This is good

• 2013-06-07 09:19
  • s0$x
  • F

According to US site there is a jelly bean update.when Asia will get the Jelly bean update....?

• 2013-05-29 13:46
  • IWUZ

> In reply to MG @ 2013-05-03 22:11 from fmV@ - click to readpress power and Vol UP. it will refresh the room

• 2013-05-16 08:43
  • K5tA

Eyo guyz check, ma tablet crushed and it never switched ON again after i switched it OFF while i was playing a game, but when am charging it shows that the power is coming in, on that lite on top where it turns green when it is full but if i try to switch on it never shows any sign if it is still fine. How can i get help with a such problem please email me if you know tha problem at: mgbeatzstudiotime@gmail.com

• 2013-05-03 22:11
  • fmV@

> In reply to Bash23 @ 2013-04-26 17:14 from wHrS - click to readIt should have support for the normal android screenshot shortcut: volume down and power held together. If it reboots then it's volume up and power. Though i think it's volume down.

• 2013-05-02 16:01
  • dWAW

> In reply to Bash23 @ 2013-04-26 17:14 from wHrS - click to readOnly if you download an app, the Xoom it self does not come with this feature.

• 2013-05-02 14:22
  • xJHf

Guys? How can I make a screen shot to a Motorola xoom?

• 2013-04-26 17:14

To tiffany...

That's the only solution I think for my motorola xoom Mz604 in order to run IcS or JB is to root it.. May I know the advantage and disadvantage of rooting a motorola xoom?

The only thing that I love to my xoom now is the battery. Easy and fast charging and had a long battery life.

• 2013-04-22 10:52

is it good?
should i buy it?
the tablet picker thing tells me to get this, but is it good, and can i get ics?
i'm from croatia

• 2013-04-22 00:40
  • s0MM

> In reply to bash @ 2013-04-19 02:01 from wHrS - click to readMine is mz606,it doesnt have a play store when i bought it and i didnt notice it..but now im running jB coz of rooted and custom rom.

• 2013-04-21 18:31
  • wHrS

so whats the use of the simcard slot for xoom mz604?

• 2013-04-21 06:06
  • K7gQ

Ahh.. But here in the philippines.I cannot find any ICS update.Maybe there's no ICS update here in the Philippines. So sad.. I'm not able to delete my recent apps. that I used. Anyone can have a solution for these problem?

• 2013-04-19 02:01
  • wHrS

The Xoom model 604/606 cannot be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.2 due to the memory RAM issues which simply translates to hardware issues. The highest ICS version you can upgrade to is 4.1.2. Which, by the way, is quiet good for the Xoom.

• 2013-04-17 22:08
  • kfch

For those who keep asking about the sim card slot here is what you need to know. Only the Xoom model 616 has the sim card radio installed. This is known as the international version and can still be purchased on Amazon.com. These model 616 Xooms cost around $600.00. If you don't have this model you can insert all the sim cards you wish into your Xoom but it will never work. Remember, no GDM radio, no 3g/4g service. Just that simple.

• 2013-04-17 21:59
  • kfch

Guy's can you help me how to upgrade my Xoom to ICS? Every time I go the system update, there's no update available. Is there any chances to upgrade my xoom MZ604 to Ics? Anyone can help me out there guys.. Tnx a lot.

• 2013-04-04 16:49
  • wHrS

Thanks for responding guys....guess am stuck with my wifi....lol

• 2013-04-03 13:18
  • mc62

> In reply to whales @ 2013-03-30 02:33 from N5wW - click to readI've had this tablet from the day it was released. Its a real trooper but I think its time to finally upgrade it, either to a Nexus 10 or I may wait a few months to see if a new tablet is released (theres rumours of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3).

• 2013-04-01 17:09
  • xjJ{

> In reply to whales @ 2013-03-30 02:33 from N5wW - click to readYou're out of luck the MZ604 Xoom will not function with a sim card as it has no 3G radio device in it.

• 2013-04-01 17:03
  • xjJ{

Pls guys I can't seem to find mobile networks on my mz604.....pls wt do I do to get this?....I wana make use of the sim slot!! ...pls I need urgent response!!!!....thanks

• 2013-03-30 02:38
  • N5wW
Total of 280 user reviews and opinions for Motorola XOOM MZ604.