Motorola Z6w - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

6.3
6.2
6.2

> In reply to Lyne @ 2009-10-12 05:58 from q{9S - click to readI just get it this phone and I set up my mp3 files as a ring tone and message tones go to the profiles and edit your profile then choose ring tone and choose all sounds or stg like that and you will see your mp3 files and choose one of them as your ring tone

• 2009-12-20 21:44
  • piKe

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-11-03 06:02 from Ixc5 - click to readhi i find ur comments really interesting ... it seems lyk a lot knowledge abt mobile phones... im planning 2 buy a new mob. with high memory ...can u advise ... i feel lyk buying motorola .... is it a gud phone ?

• 2009-11-24 12:03
  • mT@h

I've had this phone for a little over a year. After learning that Wireless Wave's extended warranty is actually just extended paycheck for the salesman I had to just live with this POS.

Jumps to menu's I dont want. When closed goes into the browser. Its slow as sin, drops calls like nothin, and sometimes doesent pick up the call at all. This phone is just garbage. Iphone here I come.

• 2009-11-23 22:34
  • qbaJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-10-15 22:51 from 4AH1 - click to readWhat router do you need?

• 2009-11-18 01:42
  • 4mrx

Hi everyone,
I got my Z6w 2 months ago from FIDO, Canada.
After looking around I found "How to" make it work :)
1. buy a unlock code for the Subsidy Lock
2. look into forums for options how to make it use mp3.
There are 2 ways: configure it every time using PC and other software like p2k, or flash it:

Here it is your fully functional Z6w, now STOP complaining, please.

• 2009-11-06 16:17
  • 01h8

WORST EFFING PHONE IN EXISTENCE I got it just today and i told my mom that i loved it when she suprised me with it but then i realized.....THAT I CANT HAVE MY OWN RINGTONES. I looked around for an hour finding all these reviews saying its the worst phone ever, ITS TRUE after that i just told my mom to shove the phone up her ***.

• 2009-11-03 06:02
  • Ixc5

To the person who mentioned it, the reason using Wi-Fi internet on this phone is disabled with FIDO is because it is set up to be used on Fido UNO, which is a system where you can make phone calls through Wi-Fi (you aren't billed for Wi-Fi use, so it makes calling free, basically). It's a cool service, but kind of a pain in the ass since you have to buy a very particular kind of router to get it working properly.

• 2009-10-15 22:51
  • 4AH1

I really loved the phone at first lots of memory... but now its sayn my battery is invalid... and isnt coming on anymore.

• 2009-10-12 23:52
  • 42fn

I cant set my pwn mp3 as ringtones! there is no "sound folder" there is only a Music folder and that gets me no where in terms of using my ringtones..
please hlp, those moto ringotnes are driving me crazy
thanks!

• 2009-10-12 05:58
  • q{9S

motorola phones are made in japan. but i think this country is only good on cars or any other gadgets except on mobile phones.
some of their phones w/c equiped wd MP3 has a good stereo kind of music output ex.(W510/razor/z6w sleek phones), but it is hard or theres no point of setting that as your ringtone.
with the flat keypads of these phones looks cool but disappointing where it hangs-up and as you press a number you want but instead it repeats the number repeatedly and unstoppable and freezes, so again you have to turn-off the phone. also the circle navigator arrows at the center of the phone easily worn-out and because the phones are very sleek , small, tiny , where keys are very close to each other where u have the tendency to press the other buttons hehehehe this is ridiculous unless u have a tiny fingers using this phones. and as you try to press the clear butons to erase multiple of characters in the messages or inbox,,, it will suddenly goback to main menu and you have to re-do it again and open inbox.

• 2009-10-07 03:03
  • QS1F

> In reply to SHAUKAT ISLAM CHOHAN @ 2009-08-06 17:48 from pH9L - click to readFinally somebody who can confirm that WiFi works to connect to the Internet (or so it seems). However, it looks like FIDO (Canadian GSM provider) disabled that function.
Does anyone know where I can get Factory software for this phone or maybe a place where to look for one?
BTW, not being able to receive international SMS is not a fault of the phone but rather a mobile standard of the origin network. For example, when I had CDMA phone, I didn't receive any SMS messages sent from a GSM network overseas.

• 2009-09-08 21:46
  • kUwA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-08-16 05:45 from IkHK - click to readTry this:
Copy your ringtone to ''Sound Folder'', ''Tunes Folder'' or ''RingTone folder'', after that. Set that mp3 as ringtone

• 2009-08-25 02:47
  • Lqd}

Can anyone tell me how I can change my ringtone to a song I've downloaded to my phone? It only gives me the option of selecting those crap ringtones that come with the phone! Help!

• 2009-08-16 05:45
  • IkHK

> In reply to Jr @ 2009-07-18 19:47 from kWM@ - click to readTexting takes more battery than talking. Constant button pressing is harder on your phone than simply having it "open" to talk.

• 2009-08-11 05:08
  • qQ5V
  • SHAUKAT ISLAM CHOHAN
  • Rating0

MY PHONE COLOR IS FINISH,, IT,S BODY IS NOT GOOD,, I AM USING this set but i am not satisfy,, sometime it,s automatically turn off,, also W.LAN is not working good,, internatinational sms is not receiving ,*it,s not fault of operator service,,, IT,S THE FAULT OF SET,,
but believe me i am not satisfy by this,,
i will not use anymore MOTOROLA,, first i was fan of MOTOROLA ,, i always use V3, and other,s set of MOTOROLA,, but now i will not,,,
it,s my opinion,,
thanx
SHAUKAT CHOHAN
BARCELONA SPAIN
00-34-620139495

• 2009-08-06 17:48
  • pH9L

It says up to 7h of talk time when my phone only last like about 9h of just texting...is that normal?

• 2009-07-18 19:47
  • kWM@

its muic playr gets corrupt many times i just bought 2 month ago & its music player is not working file errors occurs often during camera use and some features are very tough to understand wallpapers also come in zoom which is to large than actual size my verdict is z6 is worst mobile with insult of good pictures

• 2009-07-17 19:18
  • 2Zce

I have this phone for half ear and it's a greate fone by my standard's. Working good, no softwere peoblems, the battery last-s at least 4 day's, 6-7 in my case (set on low power consumption).

It has an interesting conversation recording button that i'm verry found of :)

The onlly minus thet i can think of is that the music is not so great, but that is not becouse of the phone (it has bad earphones, to big).

I recomandeed Z6w for enyone who needs a good reliable phone

• 2009-06-24 09:42
  • SvBq

with out rds fm?????????????????????
i hate this phone

• 2009-06-04 12:42
  • vG4g

whats model batery have this phone?

• 2009-05-25 19:07
  • LvVd
Total of 207 user reviews and opinions for Motorola Z6w.