NEC N840 - user opinions and reviews

NEC

6.9
7.0
6.8

I have a problem with my cell, I bought it 3 year ago, in vancouver, and work really well there, but then I came mexico, and was working ok, and I makemy Back groud picture to cover all the backgroud, and then, It just "stop", not botton funtion, n stuff like that, then I try to tun it off, and then on, and It work, but, then automathicly it turn off and on, until the battery is out of energy, What can I do?? or how do I rest it? I try to search like a rest botton in the user manual bbut, nothing, PLEASE HELPME

• 2009-03-19 20:30
  • LXPJ

> In reply to ALLEN @ 2008-07-14 08:55 from PG}N - click to readjust try to change the name or title of the song you wanted to upload like this; NEC_0001 and you can put it to your sd card

• 2008-11-07 11:05
  • vx7S

how can i upload mp3. can sumone pls teach me the step by step procedure?, i've olready done all the procedure that was posted above but it still doesnt work help me pls,,,,, or send me ur answer at allencute_182@yahoo.com more blessings for those who will help me tnx

• 2008-07-14 08:55
  • PG}N

the display is wonderful. but it isnot a good cellphone yet

• 2008-07-12 09:48
  • i0H@

Anyone have any experience retrieving deleted photos from the N840 memory card?

• 2008-06-20 20:34
  • 4kYe

Please assist am in TANZANIA where 900/1800 is operated frequency,I have this N840 but it can't connect bluetooth while it discover/discoverable the paired device(other phone) but fail to connect sometimes request input passcode is it unique?
Do your needful on this!BLUETOOTH CONNECTION!

• 2007-07-15 22:03
  • fu$c

i think there's another converter available on the market. its called ImTOO 3GP converter. i used it to convert video files but there's also another option of conversion without video (thus audio only). cheers!

• 2007-01-24 20:44
  • kC9}

regarding the post below, i meant .3gp, and NOT .ogp.

• 2006-11-17 08:51
  • 4A4k

yes, you have to convert them to .ogp format and load it as a video file with sound only. Then you can select that video file as a ringtone. Search for n840 ringtones on howardforums.com. youll need a converter to convert it to the .ogp format. there is a free one floatin around the internet somewhere.

• 2006-11-17 08:51
  • 4A4k

is there any possible way of using mp3's as ringtones??

• 2006-11-06 06:07
  • kDm9

as the bluetooth is locked to headsets only, does that mean that bluetooth HEADPHONE headsets will work too?

• 2006-09-08 06:02
  • 4A4k

to upload mp3 songs via minisd card, you have to name the song with 8 characters or less using alphanumeric characters, eg. yudh88dj.mp3. then they have to be in the right folder. just format the minisd so you get the folders placed on the card. they have to be in private-->music--> etc.

• 2006-08-27 23:47

sd code - 0000

• 2006-08-22 04:51
  • 4A4k

code for format mini SD card?? and security code of reset settings ???? help me thanks.

• 2006-08-21 10:42
  • 2IKY

I think the N840 is a great phone It does all the jobs for me photos onto computer which are good quality but the only problem I am having I went away and forgot my mains charger so I decided to buy a car charger I tryed some of the big mobile places and no way could I buy one, I had a couple from 2 shops to try and the phone screen showed wrong voltage and I was told to get in touch with manufacture to me thats a joke. You can get these chargers for other phones so why not for this model.
I brought this phone in Hong Kong so how can I find the NEC address in UK to ask why so I would be grateful if you could assist me

• 2006-08-01 23:23
  • MSNb

number security code for nec n840?????
help me!

• 2006-07-27 12:07
  • 2IJJ

don't buy, you wouldn't bear the shutter sound of the camera/video, nothing can be done to turn it off

• 2006-04-17 04:25
  • ijE7

I usually never post here but I'm having a serious problem with the n840..I can't transfer the pictures I took from the phone back on to the PC with the data cable...does anyone know the step-by-step instructions to do it? and for mp3s....they have the be less than 8 characters and under 192 kps then your phone will recognize

• 2006-03-19 05:20
  • 4tHD

yes, I am having the same problem! My friend tried to send me a photo through my phone and I can't open it...and it continues to be sent to me...I think it's been sent to me about 10 times. Any advice on how to open would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 2006-03-13 13:06
  • k2Kx

thank you very much. your information helped.

• 2006-02-05 00:28
  • 4DAw
Total of 198 user reviews and opinions for NEC N840.