News - Reader comments

Nokia N97 Mini previewed ahead of launch, fails to impress

25 August, 2009 | Read the news | Post your comment
Nokia N97 Mini previewed ahead of launch, fails to impress - read the full textSome of our readers were still skeptical after the first two leaks of the Nokia N97 Mini but that should be enough to convince them that the handset is just round the corner. A live preview of the slightly downgraded version of the Nokia multimedia flagship appeared online, revealing almost...

 

Sort by:

This Fone Looks Well Good Bring It Out Soon Because I Would So Get It .

  • Reply
  • 2009-10-26 17:47
  • 3GJA

is it worth buying??

  • Reply
  • 2009-10-22 20:38
  • P@LK

Just wondering about the firmware, they said the firmware with kinectic scrolling is coming in mid sept. Just wondering the v12 firmware for n97 still hasnt come out here in India. Are they gonna jump directly to the other firmware

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-02 15:54
  • vQfx

if what they say is true, then im sold! I returned my n97 because of the terrible software crashes. and i didnt like the big size either. I'm sure when this comes out Nokia s60 5th edition will be as solid as their other devices. Fantastic.

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-31 04:53
  • vCK5

> In reply to cesar @ 2009-08-27 05:20 from LL@K - click to readIt's not a fake. It's just a prototype. Given, a very finished one, though. I remember seeing N85 protos with the same N00 name.

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-30 10:04
  • 0h2b

> In reply to Andrew Tan @ 2009-08-26 20:15 from veTk - click to readsamsung out a lot of s60/winmo , so? , got people buy it??

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-27 11:55
  • uCj2

dont belive....it says N00 on the screen shouldnt it say n97? I belive its a fake

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-27 05:20
  • LL@K

How can you have a honest opinion of a phone you not seen first hand much less use? If the price is what they say it is it would be nice to get one.

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-27 04:17
  • IEc$

@GSMARENA -- What were you expecting? 8 MP Camera & 100 gigs of space? Come on! Be realistic! I am sure N98 isn't that far away.

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-26 21:53
  • jtr1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-08-26 09:03 from tVnf - click to readSamsung out few S60 because they want to take advantage and prove on it.

Do remember Samsung out lot of Windows Mobile smartphone and Windows Mobile is far far better than S60.

A company out their own smartphone OS or not is not a matter and remember Symbian official is not 100% made by Nokia, Nokia just bought over all the symbian share.

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-26 20:15
  • veTk

why is the author always complaining that no lens cover leads to "fingerprints and scratches".its such a useless feature on a 3milimeter plastic cover lens that unless u aim a dagger at it,nothing will happen.none of my phones had lens cover.other than the 7650.look at the n95 its like 2miles thicker than the n95-8gb coz of that useless lens cover.

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-26 19:39
  • nsGS

i think nokia engering had flopped bcoz dey forget to make smartphones dey r making bullshit phones only sme days r left to destroy the reputation of company i will prefer to buy apple cell phones

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-26 18:28
  • 2S@0

i have a 5800 and i have latest firmware,i dont see any kinetic scrolling,am i correct?

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-26 18:17
  • kV%k

Yeah it fails to impress because it doesn't say "iPhone". Just more of gsmarena's iPhone Bias. If it had iPhone on it with the exact same specs, gsmarena would say something like "OMG, the new world wonder has arrived, and this time it's a Mini!!!". People, wait for reviews on youtube with an unboxing because you'll get much less bias there and a full review.

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-26 16:03
  • 46ZQ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-08-26 09:03 from tVnf - click to readI believe you need to give some more thoughts before coming to such conclusion.
If you do some google and read some articles you would know how much money Nokia was putting into Symbian development and how much they were getting back from other manufacturers by selling licence. It was Nokia's lose. They made symbian open source to get out of it.
As we speak samsung's Touchwiz development is going is full swing. Their recent announcement of SDK and app-store is in that direction only. Soon it will be a fully functional OS with most capabilities that a smartphone OS enjoys.

And yes SE, Samsung used symbian as it's a proven platform. They took advantage but not for free. I don't see any problem in using it. Why don't you say the same about windows mobile then. We can compare Nokia or Samsung or SE smartphones in true sense only when we have them all running on the same OS. Isn't it? In fact they have added more flavor to it. If it's their own OS they could do lot more than what Nokia did so far. It's an eye opener. We got a chance to see what other manufacturers could do with the same OS. Innov8, OmniaHD are good example.

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-26 13:59
  • vwdn

fails to impress? what did you expect from a mini version? doesn't have much less apart from the memory so its not gonna be much cheaper.

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-26 12:36
  • Mx@E

> In reply to Andrew Tan @ 2009-08-25 18:06 from veTp - click to readi believe sam/se can't develop their own smartphone OS

look at samsung , did samsung got it own smartphone OS?? NO
look at SE, did SE got it own smartphone OS, yes , but unfortunately , they already R.I.P the UIQ officially

nokia selling the license with high price got any problem??
they already throw a lot of money n effort in developing the s60 from v6.1 till v9.4 , from 2001 year till NOW

did NOKIA forced them to BUY IT?? or USED IT

i believe se n samsung used s60 is , they wan to take advantage on s60

Omnia HD can used samsung java platform, why they don't wanna use it??
satio can used se a200 platform , why they don't wanna use it??

because of satio n omnia hd using s60, so se fans n sam fans can keep compare with Nokia s60?? I THINK SO

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-26 09:03
  • tVnf

And another one, lol

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-25 20:09
  • FJT9

I am of the brasil and I find that an absurdity, I am waiting to buy a Sansung onmia HD but the n97 didn't please me, I wait that the nokia come├že the inplantar in all your celularas applications that can allow to come with movable tv and all the cellular of him to come with Symbian

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-25 19:48
  • Pjpw

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-08-25 17:39 from uCjK - click to readWhy Samsung and SE only out one unit of touch-screen phone base on Symbian S60 v5? I believe they just want to prove we also can do and can do must better than Nokia.

They both sell expensive I believe is need to paid high price to Nokia for licensing the OS.

And Samsung i8910HD even out better spec than Nokia. Nokia out with lower spec which greatly reduce the smoothness of Symbian S60 v5.

SE Satio looks like better also base on the video flying around on web. I can't judge their processor yet as it is not official.

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-25 18:06
  • veTp

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.