News - Reader comments

China-only Nokia 3208c has touchscreen, knows the language

31 August, 2009 | Read the news | Post your comment
China-only Nokia 3208c has touchscreen, knows the language - read the full textNokia announced its second China-specific mobile phone - the Nokia 3208c. It sports a touchscreen in order to support handwriting, like its predecessor - the Nokia 6208c but doesn't run on Symbian as you might have expected. The Nokia 3208c runs a modified S40 5th edition interface and aside...

 

Sort by:

perfect cellphone!

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-19 16:32
  • TC5x

This Nokia 3208c phone model actually have 3 predecessors:
Nokia 3108 (S40 1st edition)
Nokia 6108 (S40 1st edition)
Nokia 6208c (S40 5th edition)
All of them were made for China and Asia Pacific region.

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-02 03:59
  • 3IUN

> In reply to Victor @ 2009-09-01 14:40 from mks} - click to readYou think they can't do it without a built in monitoring device?

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-02 03:30
  • ubHr

If they gave the E7X series a touch screen like this, it would be an almost perfect device, combining the benefits of the form factors. There is something naturally intuitive about using a stylus.

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-02 01:24
  • 0Fg6

S in S60 isn't Symbian. Its actually Series 60. Much like how S40 is Series 40. S40 snd S60 essentially refers to 2 different phone series.

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-01 20:33
  • tVmk

@ Victor
You shouldnt criticise them for everything, considering the fact that they're far ahead of you americans. ;)

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-01 17:36
  • ttmP

This handset should include in built monitoring software to follow the conversation threads of its users. This would greatly assist the Chinese gov. in their desire to monitor their population in the dictactorial fashion which they operate.

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-01 14:40
  • mks}

> In reply to Common Sense @ 2009-09-01 09:28 from mpMr - click to readS40 is NOT Symbian, Its a proprietary Nokia platform
http://www.forum.nokia.com/Tec...e_Platforms/

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-01 12:23
  • 5kBs

> In reply to Common Sense @ 2009-09-01 09:28 from mpMr - click to readThey don't contradict themselves because S40 doesn't mean Symbian 40. S60 is a basicaly a version of symbian, much like UIQ. Nokia uses the term S40 for its feature phone interface, and it doesn't have anything to do with symbian.

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-01 11:35
  • LayX

Strange how you contradict yourselves, you say that the phone does not run on Symbian then tell us that it runs on Symbian 40.
Apparently you had not realised that S60 stands for Symbian 60 and S40 stands for Symbian 40. They have both been around for several years.

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-01 09:28
  • mpMr

You cant use stylus on capacitive touchscreen. Stylus has advantage like handwriting, drawing, and photo editing. Thats why resistive is better than capacitive.

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-01 08:16
  • ftP4

> In reply to [deleted post]Eat a brick, because that's what your half-assed logic is formed. A phone and it's tech support has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with your one-way politics, and shouldn't be condemned. That's like saying that Nokia shouldn't deliver phones to you because you support Hyrbid cars and not Gas guzzlers. You see? The analogy DOESN'T MIX. Trying to bring Fox-like politics on a phone forum is ridiculous, so please take that back to Engadget, you failure.

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-01 06:14
  • q22u

Why is this phone China only?! there would be a huge market around the rest of the world I would have thought without any reat knowledge of the markets etc

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-01 03:27
  • vuZH

Does the touchscreen works like 5800 (full touchscreen and functionalities) or like 6208c...which means text only?

We all know how certain company's fans would claim the company makes products which satisfies the needs of "everybody", including those who only need touchscreen ONLY FOR TEXT but not other functions.

Will the company release a phone with touchscreen which only works for other functions but not texting? A phone that can only text? A phone that can only make / receive calls but no text?

  • Reply
  • 2009-09-01 02:43
  • Er2M

looks fake.....like som clones ive seen from china

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-31 23:56
  • NHUD

it looks great... simple and elegant,i like it allot

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-31 23:47
  • pk{7

> In reply to Leo @ 2009-08-31 18:13 from G2GS - click to readWell if the rumors are true then Optic touchscreens will be better then resistiv and capacetativ. Lets just wait and see



Cheers

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-31 20:11
  • 04MU

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-08-31 17:42 from t7wa - click to readCome on... give'em credit! Resistive is the only technology they seem to be capable of! Maybe capacitive is way to advance for them! Lol!

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-31 18:13
  • G2GS

I don't believe it's Nokia.

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-31 17:59
  • nT@D

Nokia love affair wth resisive screen

  • Reply
  • 2009-08-31 17:42
  • t7wa

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.