Updated Samsung s5 software, and now my phone won't recognise my password. Has anyone received any help from Samsung?
New update messed up my phone really bad it picks and chooses who gets my messages and what messages I receive it's really making me mad and makes me wish I would of stuck to my iphone. I have to charge my phone at least once a day if not more. This needs to be fixed or you guys will loose alot of customers. Please fix this
after reading the comments I discovered i'm not the only unlucky guy here with the same problem.
The update asked me to agree with a lot of terms and agreements to use my files - contacts and so on so I turned it off but couldn't continue without agreeing.
All my contacts , music , files , and pictures are gone. I thought it didn't matter because I have a SD card but nope.. It wont recognise the SD card and all the apps etc that are on it..
Reubs, 22 Sep 2016Since the update i have noticed multiple issues. And mine was the same it ended up doing the u... moreDear Friends,
please follow the below steps to resolve the battery drain issue in Samsung galaxy S5 after marshmallow update (6.0.1) .
1. turn OFF the phone.
2. Hold the Vol Up Button + Home Button +power button.
3. Select the wipe cache partition.
4. Reboot the system.
5. Again Switch OFF the Phone.
6. Remove the battery.
7. Content the charger to the pone and turn on the charger without battery.
8. Press and Hold the power button for ~ 5 Sec.
9. Insert the battery by while the power button is pressed.
10. Release the power Button And turn on the Phone.
11. Let the battery to charge 100% Completely.
12. After charging the battery disconnect the charger.
After doing all the above steps please observe the battery consumed by google services And Android OS it will be less then 10% and over heating of the phone will be resolved.
Phone blacks out, messages only accepts one photo to send at a time. After receiving message with multiple photos, only one will open, then screen goes black for next ones. Is there a way to reset to previous software edition?
Since the update i have noticed multiple issues. And mine was the same it ended up doing the update on its own.
issues I am noticing include the following:
- Battery life is terrible and i am having to put on charge multiple times a day. Chewing very quickly through the power
- phone keeps restarting on its own back to either black screen or the samsug boot screen. Keep in mind this is when i am half way through doing somwething important for work and then shuts off on me so i have to start again (its costing my business money in frustration and lost time)
- Phone is in sloth mode , not all the time but when you try call someone it has to think about for a while before it will dial and other apps are slow.
- cancelling calls that are incoming (only sometimes )and sends straight to message bank. Think this is because the phone goes offline with resetting itself maybe
- camera i cannot attach multiple pictures to files like you used to be able to. It lets your choose them but only uploads 1 picture (use my phone for work /business and upload photos of repairs to network and i now taking 15 - 20min extra per job and can be up to 8 x per day which is 2hrs 40min im not gonna get back.
Phone worked perfectly before update.
For those talking about apple, let me just say this is the same reason i changed from apple to samsung because apple had similar issues but i lost all my calendar and emails and also blue tooth (it would jumble my calendar and change times and dates of jobs on its own and i would turn up days early to a job or have complaints i didn't turn up.
Apple wont fix the problem
Samsung fix this issue or i want a new phone at no cost
My "Samsung" MicroSD 64gb is trashed & says it's corrupt with an error code. Which wasn't cheap. Battery drains horribly forcing me to stay plugged in or not use it. Overheats without reason. For example while simply reading an article or email. Running slow...Ugh! I've noticed too many other problems, glitches, etc to list.
However, the first issue I had since the update was absolutely the WORST OF ALL!! I was recording my 5yr old son's 1st 'stage appearance'. His line was only had 2 words (so less than 30 seconds). After recording it turned off. I didn't want to be rude during the show so I just put my phone away. Later I went to show my son how great he did & NO VIDEO!
How about testing these updates first?!
i did a big mistake of updating my Galaxy S5 software-the battery heats up, the cheeks heat up, the battery dies too quickly, others hear the robotic voice that's representing me, and before that-none of these issues existed!!!!!!!!!!!! it is off the coverage in the elevator-do not remember this also before the update. wuuuuuuuuuf..... going to look into htc phones....
My Galaxy A3 screen doesn't turn on at all post the update. Any solutions???
I recently be can having problems with my phone shutting down with the screen going black while using ?? now I have a brown stripe across the bottom of my phone not quite clear. I had to close my security screen as I literally had to search in the dark to locate my password to open it up ! this is crazy !! my phone is 2 yrs old what's happening here :(
Camera does not take pics or save them. It eats them. Phone keeps glitching. Slow. Freezes. Shuts off. Gets really hot. And I have to constantly charge. Takes forever to doiwnload. Went to meet my new Grandbaby. Took tons of pictures and they are gone. Sad. Please fix this. So irritating. Over it
Anonymous, 03 Sep 2016After the update. My camera does not work.Mine too and it ate a bunch of my pictures. Overheating, slow and my battery is not lasting. Issues with the SD card. Yikes. I want my photos back! I am ready to shift to IPhone. Too bad. I loved my S5sport
I have to completely turn off my phone in between calls because it will not allow me to make a second call
My phone is completely unusable since the update. It can't connect to the server, I can't email, text, Bluetooth lights up but won't connect, half of my pics are gone, and wifi is nonexistent. In short, I have NO PHONE!!!! I went to the ATT store for help and they said I needed a new phone. I don't have the money to buy a new phone! Samsung, you guys need to test updates before you release them. After reading the comments here I'm going to try a repair place first and see if they can help.
Only since the release of the note7 and the latest update - I HATE the note5! I've loved it since I 1st got it.
MicheleP, 10 Sep 2016WotThe?! Don't Samsung test these updates? My S5 now lags to the point I want to throw it. It... moreThis update is useless why even sent updates to a phone which has no significant issues and was realeased so years ago
Updated my S5 and and all apps on SD card need to be reload, play list all gone, music app doesn't see sd card. Ridiculous & frustrating this is my last Samsung how could they not know about these issues before releasing.... I didn't sing up tobe a bata tester