News - Reader comments

The first Google phone Nexus One is now available in UK and US

FEATURED, 2010 | Read the news | Post your comment
The first Google phone Nexus One is now available in UK and US - read the full textWell, how about that? All the rumors turned out true to the last bit. At an Android press event Google just presented their new Android uberphone and they have novel way of selling it directly to customers. Official photos of HTC Google Nexus One Features and design You've probably...

 

Sort by:

i agree!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-07 06:53
  • w49R

Bro, Apple sold 1.6 million iphone because, it was famous for its PC hardware. Whereas Google was known as internet based marketing giant. It was difficult to believe that google would be successful in developing a good OS for mobile. But truth is, google has succeeded in creating a very good and customizable mobile OS. The new version of Android 2.2 is really amazing. I predict that in year, Android will out sell iphone. And Android will be known as iphone killer.

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-29 18:44
  • u1wR

one of my fren have 3gs iphone and i have nexsus one, he seems to be jealous when both of us start playing with our toys,have both phones in your hand compares which one is best,thats all

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-11 18:41
  • YeWB

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-01-14 12:07 from FJTe - click to readAll of you pretty-boy, scarf wearing, elitist Apple fanatics are so certain of the iPhone's supremacy. Apple still leads the smart phone market, and probably will still hold it for a short while when the iPhone 4G hits the streets, but there is no doubt that the limitations forced by Apple will be the downfall of the iPhone (unless Apple allows open standards).

Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is, and will still be a great phone- especially if you enjoy being restricted by things like, no removable media card, no blue tooth sharing of music, having to jailbreak your phone for any kind of customization whatsoever, and being stuck on AT&T's shite network. But, hey- look on the bright side, you can finally run multiple programs. Seriously? Seriously??? The fact is that Apple fanatics love to be spoon-fed, and are happy with whatever Steve Jobs sharts out. Yes, I will admit that the majority of Apple's creations are innovative, and industry changing- but you can't get mad at the industry for following, and improving on innovative features.

The majority of people like the idea of freedom, and will choose open source. Its inevitable. the iPhone has had a good run at the top, but will soon be ousted by an/many Android powered monster(s). The phone doesn't have to be pretty. Pretty is for douchebags, and fanboys. We want power, and the community is flexing its muscles. If you don't believe me that people enjoy freedom, both in their OS and through the quality of their network, just take a look at the recent smartphone stats on endgadget (published March 29, 2010).

http://www.engadget.com/2010/0...ce-but-andr/

Welcome to the new world order! anDROOOOIIIIIIIIIIDDDDD!

  • Reply
  • 2010-03-31 06:21
  • qKdF

> In reply to History of Rivalry ( @ 2010-01-09 03:00 from UDMS - click to readWow, what a long essay. So you think that your Nexus beat the iphone? Let's see. And I'd like to keep it short and simple.

Nexus sold 20,000 units in a week, while iphone sold 1.6 million units in less than a week. That's all I can say. Get back to me when your Nexus comes close to that. And oh btw, iphone 4G is coming up very soon :) I'm sure you're just as excited as we are as to what it can do.

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-14 12:07
  • FJTe

> In reply to Rayne @ 2010-01-12 02:46 from ijZk - click to readamoled display

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-14 04:40
  • P@1A

Hi, I'm currently using an iPhone and I'm contented with it but somehow I cant share songs with friends as the bluetooth not supported. I thought of changing HTC but is the color display able to see under the sun?

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-12 02:46
  • ijZk
  • History of Rivalry (
  • Report
  • Rating0

There was a long history of rivalry between iphone and other smartphone (excluding blackberry because they are different league).
Nokia tried to beat apple with their long awaited N97, which turn to be a fail, and their resistive N900 is pretty much the same story.
And look at another giant, Samsung, they too were promising with Omnia HD being capacitive, record HD video and all that..
But they also failed.

All this give boost confidence to apple fanatics to be so proud of their fancy iphone, and thought it was perfect, superior, and nothing else comes close.

That story was starting to change last year when android OS being well implemented by few phones, starting with G1 and all the way to Hero and Droid aka Milestone.
We know that HTC Hero won gadget of the year by T3 magazine, and also stuff magazine give prestigious award to Hero.

Android has done something that other fails in battle with apple. If you want to beat your rival you must start from what the opponent capable of, and you should at least be the same or exceeding it.
in this case.. multitouch, and capacitive the say the least.
We all know that these are just gimmick, but when you argue with apple fanatics, doesn't matter your phone is capable of (for intance N900 with Maemo, multitasking, etc), you still being regarded as inferior simply because you can't perform gimmicks. I know it's not fair, because they would not play by both standard. Anyway..

So they want to play gimmick games and apps, let's do it their way..
All these things are delivered by Android easily and more. Being v2.0 and above you'll also be capable of BT transfer (one essential thing iphone misses so long), plus 5MP camera with Flash, and 30 fps video, which missing on v1.5.
Not to mention live wallpaper, google voice 3D navigation, amazing UI, google earth, etc.

One apple fanatic said that this nexus one isn't as revolutionary as iphone back then.. well it is so funny, like you say stealth wasn't any revoultionary because F-16 already there. Off course there was easier back then on all days to make some revolutionary things!
You won't get nobel prize if you invent light bulb today, but hundreds years ago it was miracle.. LOL!

As I said earlier, there is some serious delude mentality of iphone fanatics (altough I know not all of them), that after seeing so many fail by giants like nokia and samsung to match theirs, they inevitably think iphone is unbeatable and can't accept and see the fact that it wasn't always so.

Hero proofs it, and Nexus one taking much further step to make sure that this is infact, the real case!

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-09 03:00
  • UDMS

> In reply to Ludwik @ 2010-01-08 13:11 from 39Cm - click to readYeah i know, iwas being sarcastic.

I'm part way through building a couple of iPhone Apps myself that will be business apps.

Although I no longer like the phone I can see there is money to be made from it......lol

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-08 17:10
  • Ec7W

we're looking for general goods here. so u leave the comment sys now.

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-08 16:30
  • qM2s

Apologies if this is old news - This does appear to be a multi-touch screen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...yer_embedded

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-08 13:30
  • Ec7W

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-01-08 11:00 from Ec7W - click to readWith a little bit (Very very little) of skill and knowledge you can do it yourself.

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-08 13:11
  • 39Cm

> In reply to history of rivaly @ 2010-01-08 10:37 from UDMS - click to readI'd like to change my iPhone for Android (being serious it's happening very soon as soon as I decide on the best handset for me).

Could someone please confirm I can still get the following from Android market as this could be a deal breaker

Apps that make a farting noise
Apps that look like i'm drinking a beer
Apps that pics of bikini babes

All the above are must haves for professionals who use their phones to run their businesses and the sooner all non iPhones realise this the better.







Yes I'm being sarcastic...........lol

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-08 11:00
  • Ec7W

There was a long history of rivalry between iphone and other smartphone (excluding blackberry because they are different league).
Nokia tried to beat them with their long awaited N97, which turn to be a fail, and the resistive N900 is pretty much the same story.
And look at another giant Samsung, they too were promising with Omnia HD being capacitive, record HD video and all that.
But they also fail.

All this give boost confidence to apple fanatics to be so proud of their fancy phone, and thought it was perfect, superior, and no one else comes close.

Well that story is changing last year when android OS being well implemented by few phones, starting with G1 and all the way to Hero and Droid aka Milestone.
We know that HTC Hero won gadget of the year by T3 magazine, and also stuff magazine give prestigious award to Hero.

Android done something that other fails in battle with apple. If you want to beat your rival you must start from what taht opponent capable of, and you should be the same or exceeding it.
for instance.. multitouch, or capacitive.
We all know that these are just gimmick, but when you argue with apple fanatics, doesn't matter your phone is capable of (for intance N900 with Maemo, multitasking, etc), you still being regarded as inferior. I know it's not fair, because they would not play by both standard.

So they want to play gimmick games and apps, let's do that as well.
All these things are delivered by Android easily and more.. being v2.0 and above you'll be capable of BT transfer (one essential thing iphone misses so long), plus 5MP camera with Flash, and 30 fps video.
Not to mention live wallpaper, google voice 3D navigation, amazing UI, google earth, etc.

One apple fanatic said that this nexus one isn't as revolutionary as iphone back then.. well it is so funny, like you say stealth wasn't any revoultionary because F-16 already there. Off course there was easier back then on all days to make some revolutionary things!
You won't get nobel prize if you invent light bulb today.. LOL!

As said earlier, there is some serious delude mentality of iphone fanatics (altough I know not all of them, by their comments here), that after seeing so many fail by giants like nokia and samsung to match theirs, they inevitably think iphone is unbeatable and can't accept and see the fact that it wasn't always so.

Hero proofs it, and Nexus one taking much further step to make sure that this is infact, the real case!

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-08 10:37
  • UDMS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-01-07 22:13 from FJTg - click to readYou need to learn to read I said 3 time in 18 months not 3 in 3.

first time the proximity sensor stopped working so the screen stayed on when i made calls (Is happening again to current iPhone), and 2 times the ear speaker has stopped working. So how you think I'm lying is beyond me.

If you bricked your phone whilst jailbreaking you need to learn how to jailbreak properly. I've been jailbreaking since the 2G and have never had a problem and yes I update via iTunes. I just wait a week till the devTeam release their software before updating. So again how can you call me a liar.

You seem to be very blinkered towards the iPhone. I have them and they are now old hat.

How are you getting on with the bluetooth file transfer, Email attachments, oh sorry I'll stop upsetting you, I forgot you can't your on an unbroken iPhone.

Grow up, smell the roses and move on.

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-08 10:29
  • Ec7W

> In reply to SE 2010 @ 2010-01-07 23:24 from T2EE - click to readYou have a messed up mentality. One that belongs to the low IQ group. Nexus is a cool smartphone. But it's not a breakthrough device like the first iphone was. Now wipe your drool.

People who would go for the Nexus are simply people who prefer it over other devices for reasons that fit their personal taste and needs on a device. Now people like you who think that people who prefer the iphone are stupid, are actually the stupid ones, because you cannot simply assume someones intelligence level by the smartphone of their choice :)

People who prefer a device with a simple and easy UI's are people who knows better. When I say simple and easy, I am referring to performing tasks faster and smoother with fewer steps. Why do you think other phonemakers are coming up with more friendly UI's? Have you ever heard of the term "user friendly"? I believe that the noun that you were trying to say is "simpleton" not simple people, lol.

And before you tell us not to compare the iphone with other phones, why do you think professional reviewers compare every new touchscreen smartphone that comes out to the iphone? Now if you have half the brain, you should be able to get a clue that those professionals compare everything else to the iphone because it is still the phone to beat.

Before you act like your the authority on smartphones. You may learn to give a little respect to others. You're probably some low life kid with very poor education :)

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-08 06:52
  • 4Tui

> In reply to SE 2010 @ 2010-01-07 23:24 from T2EE - click to readYou are totally right!! Nice comment :D

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-08 04:55
  • PwHK

Iphone is for girls, kids, and people who are fooled easily, let's call them shallow and naive. Nexus on the other hand is a piece of art. Tech people will definitely appreciate it and give it the respect it deserves.

The people who wants the nexus are the people who understand what a smartphone is really is. While the people who are easily deceived and let's say kind of stupid will go for the iphone no question.

The thing is that since most of the people in the world are simple no wonder the iphone is a great seller. So, no worries iphone users ur toy will still be in the lead ;).

But please never compare it to any other phone because it will always lose, whether its the satio, X10, omnia hd, omnia II, htc hd2, moto droid, nokia n900.

The iphone will always lose badly, because as I said before its a fun toy not a smartphone that's it.

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-07 23:24
  • T2EE

> In reply to [deleted post]Oh yes I am right, and you're dense. Your comment does not even make any sense. Get some education and read more so your puny brain may learn something :)

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-07 22:16
  • FJTg

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-01-07 10:48 from Ec7W - click to readYes, you are a liar and you are making up stories. The iphone is one of the best quality phones out there. And for you to say that you had it exchanged 3 times in 3 months is a lie.

Again you are lying. My very first iphone was jailbroken and it bricked when I updated it on itunes. Why do gou think people with jailbroken iphones do not update the latest firmware through itunes?!

Well who cares if you think that the iphone is an old phone. It's outselling all of them, so keep your silly comments to yourself :)

  • Reply
  • 2010-01-07 22:13
  • FJTg

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.