News - Reader comments

Sony Ericsson Vivaz goes on preorder at Vodafone UK

24 February, 2010 | Read the news | Post your comment
Sony Ericsson Vivaz goes on preorder at Vodafone UK - read the full textShocking as it may sound, Sony Ericsson will be a little late with getting one of their phones on the market. The Sony Ericsson Vivaz was supposed to hit the shelves in February in a joint launch with the XPERIA X10 but apparently neither of them is going to make it in time. The Symbian-running...

 

Sort by:

is it video chat enabled?

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-18 16:26
  • ut81

> In reply to ramin @ 2010-02-26 13:49 from njB7 - click to readYour wrong on that. Nokia X6 has camera features, White balance, Sharpness, ISO, Color editing,Resolution size, red eye, self timer for taking pictures, burst shots, time shots, Color tone , Exp compen etc
Please research X6 before giving fake information about mobiles. I am at the moment still comparing x6 and vivaz . They come close.

  • Reply
  • 2010-03-03 10:39
  • uBF9

the x2 was a vodafone exclusive but now vodafone are'nt taking it it will not hit u.k markets according to sony.

  • Reply
  • 2010-03-02 15:21
  • Mx@E

r they ever gonna release X2?

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-28 08:03
  • 4Axv

I wish they had opted for an Android over a Symbian OS. That would have been great.

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-27 13:56
  • P$uD

> In reply to SE user @ 2010-02-26 09:02 from ftP4 - click to readx6 instead of vivaz?! haha
x6 is a poor phone with 128 mb of ram and 400 mhz cpu aqnd vga video and 5 MP camera with no camera features and the price is 430 euro while vivaz will be only 390 euro with better design and features

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-26 13:49
  • njB7

Am a big SE Fan..!!
Keep Going GsmArena, u r the best :)
nothing wrong about telling the truth, but even if its late, still a good choice.

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-26 13:42
  • 3iRB

They did this because they want ppl to buy nokia X6 instead of vivas.

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-26 09:02
  • ftP4

Can't you just say Sony Ericsson cares enough about its costomers, that its doing software upgrades EVEN on the shelved products?

Instead of brands like LG who just leaves faulty software, and doesn't even bother with firmware updates?

Just sayin'

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-26 06:33
  • 9xEf

RE: GSMArena allegedly biased against SE

I believe that GSMArena is simply telling it like it is. SE phones are hyped, delayed, released, then recalled due to serious operating issues. Go check out other mobile news sites, especially Europe-based ones, and you'll see the same, factual coverage of SE's glorious face-flops. I really liked Ericsson in their heydays, and I hope they survive their ill-fated marriage to Sony!

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-26 03:15
  • j23x

I don't care about the delay it's a great phone regardless. Better than any of the current "brick" smartphones, can't wait to buy it.

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-26 01:44
  • vuqN

Good or bad publicity is still publicity.

Either this is a publicity or GSMArena really messed up this time. I didn't know this phone is coming out in February. I was expecting this phone to come out in March.

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-25 23:30
  • UD}E

> In reply to SE 2010 @ 2010-02-25 22:56 from T2EE - click to readThey do that with alot of phones. HTC Desire is high and so is the Samsung Beam and many others.

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-25 23:16
  • j8LN

Guys let me tell you something really interesting. Go and see the ranking page of Gsmarena and go to the rating section. Although most of SE devices are rated 8.6 and higher, however, we only see one device of SE which is the X1 loool. I mean god can you imagine that they are also playing with the rating in order for it to look bad??

I am not making it up, go and see for example, the rating of the vivaz, vivaz pro, satio, x10 all of them are 8.6 and above! But you can't see none of them in the rating section? Don't you think something fishy is going around here :)

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-25 22:56
  • T2EE

Well I'd say that mosst blogs are paid in some way. Either by getting free products or events or similar. GSMarena are probably not saints either.

Vivaz will be a killer. I especially like that you can add flash animations or apps for that matter into the start screen. Just like Google just added to Android 2.1
The fish tank animtion looks awesome in the youtube clip from developers world.

Please; can anyone make a really cool calendar application in flash so you can get the calendar as a quick choice?
The standard S60 is so boring!

Cheers!

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-25 22:22
  • S3c$

SE had not confirmed that VIVAZ will be available in february
all they have said is the release date will be in q1 like x10

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-25 20:46
  • njBn

> In reply to brynn @ 2010-02-25 16:33 from nFjy - click to readQuite a few of us us aren't 'sticking up for SE' but rather question GSMarena's suspect reporting on the facts. If you allege something then provide evidence to that effect or apologise. I guess GSM arena will do neither cause they are too big to bother.

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-25 17:05
  • N7$D

we have dummies in carphone x phone in a week

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-25 16:40
  • M3s@

> In reply to [deleted post]perhaps he is fed up with shoddy overpriced late buggy fones like the rest of us..This you lot sticking up for se today 25th feb 2010 lets see what you say when/if these fones are released..I dont think gsmarena is any different to most of us cause there are stacks of w910i models k770i and so on cant be bothered writing list still not sold cause every person i know says dont buy that its poo..You know i have not seen many se fones around its mainly them lg cookie things yet years ago the k750i was rife in peoples hands.

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-25 16:33
  • nFjy

Why SE very unpopular here?? Is it because you can not afford to buy it?? or because you want to vilify and destroy SE?
You all speak ill of the people who do not appreciate the technology!

  • Reply
  • 2010-02-25 15:59
  • wrbd

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.