News - Reader comments

Nokia N8 shows up as 'Coming soon' on the Vodafone UK site

Nokia N8 shows up as 'Coming soon' on the Vodafone UK site - read the full textThe Nokia N8 is coming. Soon. On Vodafone. The 12MP sharpshooter will land in the UK, but unfortunately Vodafone is mum on the details. The German Amazon site put the Nokia N8 on preorder a while back too, but chances are we won't see it until the end of August. We've seen sample shots from the...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to [deleted post]LoLeN man! What do you say? Eldar's review was a shot in the head of N8... :P gsmarena is very good with N8 comparable with Eldar Murtazin... Google it.. :p

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-28 17:07
  • 3AY4

> In reply to [deleted post]What are you saying. Check your words again. Gsmarena meant Eldar's review.

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-28 15:36
  • KFPy

gsmarena never published a negative review for n8.. they juz posted the news of sumone who did.

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-28 15:27
  • upbZ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-27 19:28 from uSNZ - click to readdont hold ur breath for it!

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-28 12:19
  • s8ag

n8 will be the king of cameraphones

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-28 12:15
  • s8ag

> In reply to [deleted post]And why should Nokia keep the price as absurdly high as for an Iphone? the iphoney 4g will be abaout 800$ and a 3gs has a purchase price of $600. so nokia is a lot cheaper with the n8

and in combination with a 2 year contract it will still be cheaper than an iphone

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-28 11:02
  • mdb1

> In reply to [deleted post]Why on earth there is an iphone 3gs sell for 97 dollar

stupi it is with contract

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-28 09:55
  • KecR

> In reply to deep space bar @ 2010-05-27 22:02 from jGGu - click to readSo i guess that's the reason why Nokia has been closing their stores in the US. So they could save money, right? And it's not because they're losing money?! So advertising on tv and print ad then is not a good marketing strategy. So why is it then that nokia fanboys say that the only reason why Apple is selling is because of their ads?

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-28 08:35
  • 4UqE

> In reply to D @ 2010-05-27 21:53 from 2SP6 - click to read are you sure or they are just optimizing the OS for the USe for LG and samsung LOL

i remember when samsung backed off of symbian for android

ollia must be laughing his face off since they need symbian cause BADA already fails

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-27 22:06
  • jGGu

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-27 19:51 from PRWZ - click to reador they are smart enough not to waste money on useless adds like how MS and apple
nokia is smart enough and posted ads on youtube since it's the main source of media
money saved and money well spent

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-27 22:02
  • jGGu

Was told by a reliable source that the N8 will most likely launch the world over in August.
Also that it was originally supposed to launch close to last Christmas and was mainly intended to compete with SE's Xperia X10.
Too many issues with the new Symbian OS led to the delay.

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-27 21:53
  • 2SP6

> In reply to [deleted post]poor marketing team from android & iphone xD

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-27 20:14
  • PRWZ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-27 19:28 from uSNZ - click to readwhy you always spam Nokia Symbian Maemo & Meego room with android blablabla iphone blablabla what a pathetic marketing. your company don't have money to promote right. xD

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-27 19:51
  • PRWZ

> In reply to gam28toronto @ 2010-05-27 18:55 from RXgS - click to readActually its 12mp camera and xenon flash makes it thicker. If you will see this phone also have largest sensor in any mobile, its also impact the thickness of N8. If you compare N8 to other 12mp camera unit then you will find it is thinner than all.. I'm sure when you will get hands on N8 then you will surprissed by its light weight. Due to its design this phone will also slip on your pocket.

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-27 19:30
  • KFP0

this is soo gonna be outdated when it comes out. phones with better cameras and runs android that doesnt look like electric hair shavers would be announced by then... :))

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-27 19:28
  • uSNZ

What an ugly phone!

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-27 19:04
  • 4Bbp

Excellent, it's time, I really want this phone :)

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-27 19:02
  • 0V{1

I have been a Nokia fan for years. BUT I OFFICIAL GIVE UP. The concept behind N8 was okay.... with the colours and everything.. and if it was a bit thinner i would get it... How can you still do a 12.9mm without a keyboard when my n97 mini is 14mm? I am using n97 mini and let me tell you... it's slow.... you know what the worst part is? it's been a year now Nokia still can't fix the time stamp on my text messages. it never shows the proper time i received the text message. isn't it a shame? an N series device can't even tell you the time you received a text. Try to load your pictures in thumbnails.. it takes forever to load and sometimes it doesn't even bother loading up at all!

N8 will only work for me if it was thinner and they have a decent OVI STORE that actually has useful apps. The reason why NOkia is losing .... is obvious... I sometimes wonder if Nokia actually listen to the needs of the public at all. are they just working all day in their labs or what?

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-27 18:55
  • RXgS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-05-27 16:30 from uSNZ - click to readSpecifically, what device with Android? I would like to know.

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-27 18:39
  • C}vY

> In reply to Spyroscesarsc @ 2010-05-27 17:15 from 3AY4 - click to readAMOLED is outdated?! You child.

  • Reply
  • 2010-05-27 18:37
  • C}vY

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.