News - Reader comments

iPhone 4 arrives 2 days early for some, 512MB RAM confirmed

23 June, 2010 | Read the news | Post your comment
iPhone 4 arrives 2 days early for some, 512MB RAM confirmed - read the full textThe iPhone 4 actually arrived two days early for some people - and it's already been unboxed on video, activated, used and torn down. There are new camera samples too, in more realistic conditions than the optimal lightning in those first promo photos. iPhone 4 photos One lucky fellow...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-24 08:39 from 4TMj - click to readsorry im not a apple hater or wad ifan but ur words are just arrogant, maybe u are a real time hard core ifan judge by the way u wrote. u just cant believe ur fav company @pple made a huge mistake XD no offence XD just get a real life rather than stick wif a 3.5inch screen playing all the childish game XD

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-26 06:17
  • uHVg

> In reply to scandinavian_armor @ 2010-06-25 03:02 from v0qT - click to readWhat an ignorance!!!!! Just inform yourself without prejudice, please? If you be so kind!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-26 00:27
  • Lce7

the sim card ejector tool IS included in the box, in the normal place.

Certainly for UK models.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-25 12:04
  • M3s@

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-25 00:12 from FECe - click to readA toy in hand..

If put the multitouch in NOKIA N82,iphone 4 also cannot compare with N82,a communicated device in long time ago before..

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-25 06:24
  • ibXI

"4. Apple products for example, they brag about having no viruses in their systems which really attracts consumers, well u have nothin compatible to start with to get some viruses and it all feels empty, just good looks and no functions." --> i think there was one who wrote a 'virus'/malware for iphone. at it 'accidentally' spread. and what did the poor guy got? death threats from millions of iphone users because he created a 'virus'/malware in a supposedly virus free iphone...

" More and more developers are shifting their work onto iPhone" --> i guess you're wrong here buddy. i thnk its the other way around.

PS. iphone for me is neither a smartphone nor a phone. it is an overpriced game console... go on fanboys, call me hater and jealous but i don't care. i am just giving my opinion. my phone allows me to:
1:take a picture,
2:record and watch a video clip,
3:receive and forward mms/sms(the most important thing),
4:send and receive files/business cards through bluetooth,
5:do simple multitasking(play music, replying to a text message i received while playing soduku/solitare).

and take note, my phone is not even a smartphone. its just a 'cheap' ordinary java-based phone.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-25 03:02
  • v0qT

iPhone is a neat phone. Not much functionality to it but maybe that's a good thing. Easy to use and aim for broader users. A teen or a senior can use with ease. And casual users don't need too many things stuffed into a phone, as they wouldn't touch anyway. It's polished and looks and feels nice, in and out.

The problem is that Apple, or SJ in particular, hyped it too much. For users like myself that used smartphone years before iPhone came out, what they were/are claiming I had to laugh. I wouldn't even compare the 3GS to some of the past year's models. Not everyone's ignorant about technology. I find it a bit boring as I could do a lot more with my other smartphones but a few of my relatives like it more as they don't care for other things that the iPhone is lacking.

Anyway, SJ should tone it down because hyping up something that's still some time behind make him look stupid. Then again, he got all the people buying the iPhone so not so stupid after all.

I haven't had a chance to try out iPhone 4 yet. May soon enough as my company does develop some application for O&G data retrieval for iPhone/BB users.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-25 01:26
  • Q{mx

It is of no doublt iPhone 4 is not the best phone. It is of no double there exists phones more powerful than iPhone 4. What makes iPhone 4 so popular is that an 85 year old grandpa can use it. That's not the only reason. My reason is that there are over 60mil(or 100mil?) iPhone users which is a very lucrative market. More and more developers are shifting their work onto iPhone. For example, Chaos Rings, Street Fighter IV, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-25 01:16
  • FECf

> In reply to applesux @ 2010-06-24 03:49 from s86x - click to readIt's not 60,000 preorder in one day, it's 600,000!!

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-25 00:12
  • FECe

> In reply to [deleted post]Gee I don't know, perhaps because there's a few apple-paid sites to make favorable reviews and hundreds of users complaining on youtube.

Where are these hundreds? I found one.


Typical hater, not letting the FACTS get in the way of a good bashing.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-24 20:48
  • nFd9

This shouldn't about consumers (fans) vs. Consumers (fans), but about consumer vs. Industry. We should be demanding the best for our hard earned money. If company tries to push a cheap product with good marketing, we should stand our ground and not fight each other for ‘them’ (industry). By fighting each other, we lose out. The new iPhone is a cheap product; signal problems, glass casing and cheap shot marketing (FaceTime).

HELL NO TO IPHONE! WHO’S WITH ME???!

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-24 16:43
  • 39BU

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-24 04:57 from FJT6 - click to readi guess u never used videocalling.videocalling mostly on videocall capable nokia,samsung,se and LG and some japan cell manufacturers dont require special set.up it also out of the box.videocalling can be done in 3g reception between two phones that support videocalling indiscrimanetly of brands..
In Nokia s60 smartphones that support videocalling,u can install Fring where u can videochat sum1 using skype to skype account either ur in gsm,3g or wifi connection and the good of it u can skype videochat sum1 even he/she s using a pc and ur using ur NOKIA smartphone.Videocalling implementation on iphone 4 s so rubbish.y bother putting it when u can use it only in wifi reception worst w/ feLLOW iphone 4 user.wifi connection s so limited even in urban areas..i bet,iphone 4 front camera cant be use for taking pictures

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-24 14:09
  • t7X2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-24 08:39 from 4TMj - click to readNo hat3rs here..
Juz gave an opinion and comments..lol

You are right,many of reports and videos u see is gr3at and no much problem..but first u muzst think will people post their bad products to give ppl to see..

In facts..many of real user also sent their problem product they get to us..
Battery too hot..
Call low signal(indoor)etc..

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-24 08:53
  • wHUM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-24 08:15 from 4TMj - click to readNope im not jealous on iphon3 mayb u misunderstand me..

iphon3 does not steal limelight from NOKIA..how could u said like this..huh??

A great phone is get into hardware and software thats i mean..

Ya of course iphone 4 has most high screen resolutions 640x960 in the market,but thats not means it is HD or AMOLED..

I dissapointed to u guy iphon3 fan..since stev3 j0b said"change everything again"..lol

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-24 08:42
  • wHUM

Oh my gosh. I knew there was something fishy with those reported issues with the iphone (the yellow spots and the declining signal bars when the iphone is held).

It is CRAZY how far haters will go just to ruin the iphone. Or who knows, it could be the rivals.

There were several videos on YouTube demonstrating how the signal strength went from 4 to 0. It had 4 bars when laid flat on a surface, but when the user held the phone, the bars disappeared one by one. It was scary. Then there was another reported issue, on the web only, about yellow or brown spots on the iphone4's display (photos only). I really had strong doubts about these issues knowing how tight Apple's quality control is. Add to that, all PROFESSIONAL reviews that I've seen about the iphone4 were all impressive. The iphone's display was consistently hailed as the best in the market. Call quality and signal strength were also mentioned to have significantly improved. So I knew something fishy is going on with those so called "reported issues".

If you look at a lot of unboxing videos of the iphone4 from REAL users. They never come across those issues. MacRumors also posted another YouTube video this time from another REAL user showing that there's no effect at all with the signal bars whether you lay the device flat on a surface or when you held it in your hands. He even said, "look like it's a bunch of trolls". The user imitated how the other guy from the other youtube video held the iphone, and even held it in different ways. The signal didn't drop a bar.

As for those photos of the iphone4 with yellow spots. How come it's only photos and no videos? And wanna learn something interesting? The surface where the iphone4 was placed in the youtube video is the same surface that was in the photo of the iphone4 with the yellow spot. What a coincidence?!

WOW, I can't believe how far iphone haters would go just to ruin the iphone's reputation. Crazy people, gosh.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-24 08:39
  • 4TMj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-06-24 08:15 from 4TMj - click to readCongratulations ! Yes, that's what says my Iphone's friends (I'm not iPhone owners until iPhone 4 white, because now only with Flash photo). Use N96, Satio is just boring, not interesting. iPhone is a success because eauy-to-use, smooooooth, great apps, big support from others manufacturers (Philips and others makes accessories), and AGAIN pre-order are RECORD. EVEN in Japan the smartphone market is WIN by iPhone (X10 was great sales just for a short while).

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-24 08:23
  • iJK@

> In reply to [deleted post]You seem jealous. Does it hurt you to see the iphone being more successful than your favorite nokia device? Believe me. If nokia steps it up, they have the advantage since they've been around way longer than Apple in the mobile phone industry. But how come the iphone was able to steal the limelight? Because it works better to most people, unlike other devices that are mostly impressive on paper, but not in reality.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-24 08:15
  • 4TMj

> In reply to [deleted post]I actually did my research. I have read several professional reviews, and they confidently say that the iphone4 has the best display in the market right now.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-24 08:11
  • 4TMj

For me..thats nothing can attract me to buy this phone,i means function~~~
The standard for a Smartphone muszt,everyone want to have a smartphone today if not why Maemo,SymbianOS,Android sold good??

iphone 4 doesnt it,cant likes below(OUTDATED) :

1.Multitasking music player,gaming(real multitasking), GPS, Camera, Office word, excel, powerpoint (Reader or editing),MSN or Skype video call etc..
Internet browsing, email, Youtube, facebook, twitter in *1TIME etc..

2. Video calls (not just through wifi and both devices should be identical, it kills the whole purpose) e.g.: lemme sit at home and video call my cuzn while he is at home, unless u have so much time and just figured to waste ur time)

3.MMS and after u received a picture msg u cant view it directly through the phone and must go on itunes n only see a very small pic..is TROUBLESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.Bluetooth (Sharing with other smartphones is a part of communication, not just which to devices of the same brand) iphone 4 totally cant transfering files between each other..if app|3 worried about virus why they dunwan to made a software to fix it?? WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.Battery life (battery life is under Phone because as long as u have battery u can communicate) No changin' battery..

A communicated device these days have been forgoten for multimedia which doesn't serve in funcionality, a communitiy device is not so smart and can't communicate what's the use of it ?! If a phone can't serve me and just would let me play with its touchscreen and download games and apps for it then what's the use of it ? U want apps ? Get Smart phon3, u want games get a nintendo DS..psp or Xbox..

A huge company like Apple had nothing at all, they got consumers by a brilliant marketing strategy which affected lots of people, their marketing strategy is good because they have no functionality so they just did something that looked good and felt good and to a viewer is just nice to see but has no functionality what so ever, and that marketing strategy includes:

Making a big deal out of nothing, and making their brand look the best:

1. Steve jobs kept on saying its the most beautiful and precise thing out there several times and saying isn't that cool ?? (which shows the way he wants u to think abt the product and make u think that its the best, to get excited and go buy it.

2. We have video call (only on wifi) isn't that amazing ?? We had dreams abt it since the Jetsons..(See that's making a big deal out of somthing while its already out there for years)..

3.These r examples of what he said, and go to the apples website, ull see a banner saying the "This changes everything. Again" What did change ? Phone calling ? Touchscreens ? Everything was out there they just polished it to look good for the poor consumers who look at good stuff. Its like seeing a fresh juicy orange which has nothin inside, it's a all looks that's what fools people. There are lots of stuff but I'm just tired of typing.ACTUALLY EVERYTHING IS NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Apple products for example, they brag about having no viruses in their systems which really attracts consumers, well u have nothin compatible to start with to get some viruses and it all feels empty, just good looks and no functions.



This sums it up for me, a little about me.. I have used every phon3 out there (including iphones) now im using NOKIA N900 Interne TabletPhone and N86 8MP..and se Vivazt.. Works fine and great cause functionality is good for me, Now I'm waiting for the N8 which I guess ill settle with, Nokia has served me well through the years and they still do,if u said I'm a Nokia fan I reallyhave used everything out there,(mostly top tier phones) u name it and ill say yes but out of all phones Nokia (mostly used communicater till the E90) did serve in all SMARTPHONE meanings.

This is not bashing or critisim, this is an advice from a fellow smartphone user, I don't hate apple I approve their fine OS and multi touch features but I said, looks are one thing for the eyes to see not to produce nor funtion, and thanks for reading

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-24 07:50
  • wHUM

> In reply to FireDragon @ 2010-06-24 05:32 from tPFf - click to readIf this is true, then Apple is screwed, lol. It will break the hearts of millions of its fans including me. But something good about Apple though. They can afford to recall all the iphones and replace them with new ones if this proves to be a serious flaw. So I am not that worried. I have a black one reserved for me ready for pick up tomorrow, and I have no intentions of withdrawing. They'll replace it if necessary.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-24 07:04
  • 4TMj

I have a question for all you Iphone owners who claim that the Iphone is the best phone in the market and there is no competition. If there is no phone that is better than why do insist on coming to a site that reviews phones released by other manufactures? If there is no other phone that compares why bother checking out other phones? Don't tell me it is just to view the supposed Iphone look a likes or how far behind the competition they are because that would just be sad.

  • Reply
  • 2010-06-24 05:34
  • q}md

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.