News - Reader comments

Apple sells 1.7 million iPhone 4s in just three days

28 June, 2010 | Read the news | Post your comment
Apple sells 1.7 million iPhone 4s in just three days - read the full textMind blown! If you had to guess how many iPhone 4s would Apple manage to push in three days, you wouldn't guess 1.7 million would you? And you'd be wrong, because that's exactly how many they sold. We wrote about iPhone 4 shortages, but when we're talking about 1.7 million units sold in just...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-07-02 13:22 from yyXI - click to readthat is the whole point. Know what rules peoples mind. Is it feature or simplicity and ease of use and no fuss.
Apple understands it perfectly. Nobody will challenge nokia ,samsung phones have loads of features still why apple is beating them every time...think...and it will continue to beat unless they also realize the fact and do something about it...else apple will continue to enjoy virtually no competitors in it's own league...

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-08 07:19
  • UGn8

> In reply to Heartbreak Kid @ 2010-07-02 11:10 from MfxM - click to readSuch rot. iPhones give far less to everyone than any high end Nokia. ONLY thing iPhones are good for is ease of use. Otherwise any decent Samsung or Nokia beats it. It really annoys me that you keep going on about how buggy Nokias are because of Symbian, I have been using Symbian for many, many years on Nokias and Sumsungs and have never been unimpressed. Symbian is a dated OS now sure, but the fact phones are still using it to this day demands respect. iOS4 is new, stop comparing it to old Symbian and wait for Symbian^3 to come out - then compare! In the meantime all I will say is iPhone 4 STILL lacks basic functions and has shocking reception issues that really says a lot about Apple. I was watching a video on an iPhone 4 just yesterday and a no signal message appeared because I was holding it 'incorrectly'. That alone is a FAR FAR FAR worse bug than any Nokia, Samsung on Symbian has ever had. And to make matters worse that is a hardware fault - so the only way to fix it is to send the units back. A decent company would do this at their own cost, but Apple stick it to their fans to maintain their profits. And that is why I will never buy an iPhone.

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-02 13:22
  • yyXI

> In reply to hi all @ 2010-07-02 04:22 from IWNp - click to readAs we both know, no OS will give a lifetime of flawless experience. But Apple have been going very strong for 3 years with just 4 handsets and 1 OS, which gets updated every so often. Therefore their OS has been pretty stable for them to be doing this well. Obviously some users will experience problems after doing an update but if the majority are happy and find their OS working fine, surely thats positive?

Again im not saying the iOS 4 will run perfectly forever, there is a possibilty of the odd minor bug arising now and then. But what im saying is that the iOS 4 is a tweek up from 3.1.3, which was running great for most iPhone users. So if iOS 4 isnt a complete change in the OS, there shouldnt be any reason why it will deteriate with time.

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-02 11:18
  • MfxM

> In reply to BrianAW @ 2010-07-01 19:47 from wc6c - click to readI would quite happily take the iPhone over any of the models you have listed. Simply because the UI and OS dont match up to the iPhone's. The iPhone gives a lot to many people which is why its so popular and so good! Nokia caters for people looking for an old, respected brand in the mobile market but the performances of the high end Nokia phones can often let the user down. People who are looking for specifics from a Symbian run phone, such as an Emulator or a Torrent downloader, wont mind and will quite happily think their Nokia is a better choice. But for the majority who are looking a user friendly UI, can get their individual needs met by a heavy App support, basically getting an excellent overall user experience, the iPhone will be the better choice.

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-02 11:10
  • MfxM

> In reply to Bricked @ 2010-07-01 18:42 from nFd9 - click to readOh thats what ya mean lol No worries pal.

Yeah the iOS4 has been pretty fantastic, I really cant see it deteriating. I would no way go back to iOS 3 now that I can do more on the 4.

And your absolutely spot on about the 5800 selling many units because of price. Many people did not want to be paying more for the iPhone and looked for an alternative, this was Nokia's 1st main touchscreen phone and therefore had appeal due to it being a big brand in the mobile market. Its not a bad phone as it does have its own qualities, but my experience in using both the 3GS and the 5800 I dont think there is much competition.

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-02 11:02
  • MfxM

all people ,iphone still left behind

nah, let me guess ?

i heard iphone4 has so called "new feature" ...video call? hmm, few years ago, i already owned a phone called N70 that having da same function , and now it in da trash can

anyway, the touch screen is good , acceptable but not that good
iphone fans please, accept the truth rather than : ohh, it's da best of all phones, it's briliant , it's cool .. i cnt imagine if i have 1

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-02 07:58
  • P@QG

> In reply to Bricked @ 2010-07-01 18:42 from nFd9 - click to readBy mocking at my statement regarding bugs dont appear in day1, i can tell that you arent not really a tech guy. Generally, bugs and lags will only start surfacing after a period of use. 2 weeks is just a short time and is still a premature stage to make any premature judge. 2 weeks of flawless experience doesnt guarantee a lifetime flawless experience.

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-02 04:22
  • IWNp

> In reply to Bricked @ 2010-07-01 18:42 from nFd9 - click to readNOKIA 5800 is sold b3cause its price??? No,you re WRONG!!!

People wont buying a phone with the fair price with unfunctionally..

Of course NOKIA 5800 has low price than iphone but it work g0od in function..and NOKIA upgraded time in tim3 on software 0f 5800..

And I cant understand why still many people like to compare NOKIA 5800 with iphone??? Again..juz a old mod3l..

Juz compare with the newest model..
NOKIA N900
NOKIA N9
NOKIA N8
NOKIA X6
more n more..

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-01 19:47
  • wc6c

> In reply to Hearbreak Kid @ 2010-07-01 11:11 from MfxM - click to readI meant in sales sorry. The 5800 sold bucketloads because of it's price.

What was the other guy saying? "bugs dont appear from day 1" WTF?

My 3GS with OS 4 has been FLAWLESS for two weeks now. It's a fantastic update!!

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-01 18:42
  • nFd9

> In reply to Heartbreak Kid @ 2010-07-01 11:05 from MfxM - click to readDid u know guy the "idumb"..???

NOKIA has never want to 'bitten'..'bite'..'break' the iphone..because this is NO NEED to NOKIA..

You are talking the right point thats no perfect in every phone but u know???
The pr0blem is st¡ll a pr0blem when the probl3m cannot be fix or solved!!!

I do using Bluetooth to transfer my files with my friends or business partner..
Business card,Nam3 card,PDF Docum3nts..Adobe..

My NOKIA S40 phone device does all..
Again..S40 juz a simple basic phone..

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-01 18:19
  • wc6c

> In reply to Heartbreak Kid @ 2010-07-01 14:43 from MfxM - click to readYou definetly dont know Symbian..

You cannot compare your stup!d iphone with the smart phone..

Again..I would like to say..Im a NOKIA fans..and I can take my phone to compare to your iphone thats all "NO" on iphone..

Im LOVE using a Smartphone with my job,life..all day..anytime..anywhere..anys3cond..

iphone 4 for me juz likes S40 in NOKIA..
and made in touchscreen techn0logy with 3.5 inch screen..

All for me iphone cant,NOKIA DOES IT AND DONE WELL..LOL

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-01 18:06
  • wc6c

I like how Apple is getting into so many law cases lately. Nokia, HTC, public.

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-01 17:26
  • uRI6

The lies, deception and Steve declaring all iPhone fans gulible and dumb as he** goes on...

http://dailyiphoneblog.com/201...-steve-jobs/

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-01 16:57
  • M8Tu

This is what Steve thinks of all you loyal fans... Ceck the E-mail thread:

First email:

[Apple engineer name redacted],

When we spoke, you would not tell me that there is a fix for this phone? A friend just sent me this: http://www.boygeniusreport.com...-procedures/

I assume there is no fix then. If this is legit, I have lost all respect for apple and just want to go back to Verizon and get a nice Android phone. And don’t tell me they have the same issues, all our co-workers with Androids are just mocking us right now…. “Hey, I am going to go in the basement and continue my call. You can use my office on the 2nd floor so you can get a signal”. You are going to kill your brand over one product. Apple is coming off arrogant and rude. If there is no fix just tell people so they can return their phones. We have work to do. I have bought just about every apple product made in the last 20 years and this is the 1st time I am ashamed to be a MAC fan.

This is just sickening,

[Tom]

Here is Steve Jobs’ reply:

No, you are getting all worked up over a few days of rumors. Calm down.

The reader’s response:

I am really insulted… “Calm down”…. “rumors”… What arrogance. This is will be marked as the begging of the end of Apple. Seriously, DO THE RIGHT THING. I just had dinner with 3 people who had iPhone 4s we all cant make calls without dropping. There is no rumors it is reality.

Steve Jobs counters:

You are most likely in an area with very low signal strength.

The reader again:

Stop with jackass comments. I have has every iphone made. They all had a bad signal but this is the so much worse X3. The whole country is is in a “low signal strength” in reality… all but apple campus and your house it seems? AT&T maps are a joke. I am in “excellent” to “good” coverage and on my iPhone 1, Iphone 3G, and my iPhone 3Gs, I could at least make a telephone call. After all, it is a phone. Iphone 4…. 5 bars….. touch the phone… ZERO bars call drops.

Steve. IT DOES NOT WORK! Geezzz I hope this this is not really you. Are we on a different MHz? I have yet to see an iPhone [4] work in Richmond when you hold it in your hand. It is not “isolated”. I was a big fan. But I am done.

Steve responds once again:

You may be working from bad data. Not your fault. Stay tuned. We are working on it.

Sent from my iPhone

And lastly, Steve emails in again even though their reader didn’t respond to that last message:

Retire, relax, enjoy your family. It is just a phone. Not worth it.


The last mail is just Sad...

Nokia may have releesed some bugs on Phones but these are purely firmware problems.. When customers complain, they accept, and bring out a firmware update to fix it... Same cannot be said for this fruity company..

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-01 16:06
  • PEdI

> In reply to hi all @ 2010-07-01 13:30 from uRI6 - click to readI understand that its not guaranteed to be bug free, no OS is. But seem as iOS has been pretty stable for 3 years now and previous updates havent affected the iPhone in a drastic way, im pretty confident that iOS 4 will serve us users well. If the iOS was bad or had major problems then people would not have continuously been buying the iPhone for these years.

People buy Nokias because the brand has been around for years - I was a Nokia owner with many different handsets for 10 years. But my experiences with Symbian have been bad and personally I hate the OS!!!! But each to their own I guess, if you prefer a Nokia with Symbian then thats your choice, there is nothing that will convince me to buy a Symbian Nokia anytime soon.

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-01 14:43
  • MfxM

> In reply to Heartbreak Kid @ 2010-07-01 13:07 from MfxM - click to readYeah iOS 4 is not a complete change, only in UI wise. However, the whole programming and stuff are totally different. Programming is much more complicated than you and I probably know, though I know a bit on programming. The scripts written to provide you with iOS 4 is probably way different from the scripts for iOS 3. So, the success of iOS 3 does not guarantee iOS 4 to be bug free.

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-01 13:30
  • uRI6

> In reply to hi all @ 2010-07-01 12:24 from uRI6 - click to readLike I say mate, the iOS 4 is not a complete change but tweeks to the original OS. So iphone users wont see a completley different OS but changes. Yeah its only been out a week but i;ve had my iPhone for 5 months without problem.

You say Steve Jobs aint dealing with it but how do you know what outcome will be made? Its still early days. Im pretty sure a massive brand like Apple will do something about any serious issues and wouldnt let their millions of customers down. If the figures for the number of people with faults with the iPhone 4 are high and Apple dont help out, then I agree its not acceptable. But lets see what the outcome is 1st as its still early days.

As for the N97 and 5800, both phones wil naturally be fine straight from the box, but as both use Symbian its obvious faults will arise. I have heard so many times that the N97 is a terrible phone and I know people who actually own the 5800 who have experienced faults. But to be honest that seems to be quite common on Nokia Symbian OS phones, which is why I would never go for a Nokia smartphone ever again unless they dropped Symbian!

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-01 13:07
  • MfxM

> In reply to Heartbreak Kid @ 2010-07-01 11:02 from MfxM - click to readLike you said, you downloaded the iOS only on 21st June. It was only just slightly more than a week. Bugs do not just bug you since day1. You will need to use it for way longer than just 1 week to make all bugs, if any, surface. You can't make any premature decision yet.

5800 and N97 were good too when they just fresh from the box. It took sometime before problem arises. And as much as you are impress how Steve Jobs treat their customer with iPhone 4 issues, Nokia definitely treated their customer with issues way better than Apple did. Nokia did solve the issues in the shortest available time, because both were their flagship device at that stage.

I don't see why you are okay with Jobs' way of "solving" issues, but not okay with Nokia's way of SOLVING the issues.

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-01 12:24
  • uRI6

> In reply to Bricked @ 2010-06-30 20:18 from nFd9 - click to readWhen you say the 5800 is the only phone that Nokia has made that has beaten the Apple 3G, what do you mean by beaten? There are obviously features the 5800 has that the iPhone 3G (I presume thats the model you mean?) doesnt have, however the overall experience of the 5800 cannot even be compared to the iPhone 3G! The UI, the browser, the screen response, the Apps support, to say the least, is much better on the 3G.

  • Reply
  • 2010-07-01 11:11
  • MfxM

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.