News - Reader comments

Nokia N8 to hit it off in Spain and UK too, a white Galaxy S as well

02 August, 2010 | Read the news | Post your comment
Nokia N8 to hit it off in Spain and UK too, a white Galaxy S as well  - read the full textNokia N8 is coming soon. Apparently, the phone will start selling at the end of August in the UK and maybe even sooner in Spain. In the meantime, the Samsung Galaxy S is getting a white paint job. Who saw that coming? A white color version of the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S! And you thought that a...

 

Sort by:

I don't care, how much the N8 will cost. I'll get it! It's mine, miinee, miiiineeee *muhahahahaaaa!!! ;)

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-09 15:18
  • mdxf

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-08-06 02:00 from KhsE - click to readSo GPRS and EDGE are much faster than any Android phone can offer? What drug are you on?

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-08 11:26
  • JyBJ

No bashing - deliberately and repeatedly bashing the same brand
No trolling - deliberately antagonizing other brand/model users

Does anybody read the guidelines?!?!?

If you know me, you know I'm objective...

What everyone has to remember is that different phones do different things...

Because the 3 most advanced phones (Galaxy, iphone4, N8) have different operating systems and are geared towards different people - you can only compare them so much!

Certainly the best Android phone on the market is the Galaxy S (I have one - it's unbelievable, I never get tired of customising it and making it look soooooo unique! Yup, I'm a geek!)

Certainly the best camera phone on the market will be the N8 - but I think it's geared slightly more towards media and the like and not necessarily "super smart phone" territory - definitely one for those you were / are disappointed with Satio, KT720, etc.

And certainly if you want a phone that just 'works' with little / no lag and that is simple to use (okay, you might not be able to make calls with it!) with limited customisation then you go for the iphone4

Each one is different, each one has strengths / weaknesses - but direct comparisons are like comparing apples to oranges - same food group, but very, very different inside...

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-06 18:15
  • GjjS

samsung are the biggest prostitutes.... they hired the android now.... See nokia is loyal to symbian since years and nothing can change that.... You all samsung freaks must feel by watching the new android os.... But nokia symbian is daddy of all.... It will go slow but will be a winner.... Symbian is the only os which have been providing multitasking since these ios and android were not even borned....all the nseries are the best.... Even i can handle all 15 to 20 internet data hungry apps open with music player along with ngage... Can your samsung android or apple do that...well you are proud of your screen.... F__k that hell of screen.., n8 has the best connectivity option with usb on the go and hdmi .... Love it.... N8 is gonna change the definition of mobile computing.... As n73 did change the definition of camphones... Go nokia.

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-06 09:32
  • TL5j

yeah after all the mosy awaited phone arrives here! well nokia n8 is much better than galaxy s.only galaxy s has e better ram and a much faster processor thats it, otherwise nokia and symbian 3 device is a good device to watch out for! n8 can be easily personalized and has good themes!

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-06 05:05
  • vbM6

> In reply to Smith @ 2010-08-05 15:24 from 3x82 - click to readwow super smartphone but i don't care. Symbian have widget too & Nokia data connection speed much faster than any adsroid phone. gprs , edge class 32

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-06 02:00
  • KhsE

When the Nokia N8 model available for greater Asia market, specialy in Bangladesh? And how much its price for Asia Region?

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-05 22:39
  • uNVD

The never ending story Nokia Vs Other, just like the beliver vs the unbeliver...and im one of the beliver..if you with me say amen brother and sister:-)

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-05 19:40
  • kBsv

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-08-04 07:38 from KhsE - click to readDude....what you are saying doesn't make any sense because android and symbian as totally different....android is s more about internet usage and therefore most of the people have it because of the internet capabilities that android phones can offer like the widgets and Google services...do you know what does gameloft call android phones????THEY CALL IT SUPER SMARRPHONES...wanna check??go to gameloft and click on a game that is compatible with n android phone and you will find it under that category of super smartphones...symbian on the other hand is not really made for internet..just a basic usage of a business man or probably not but it is a smartphone I'm the end..but done be birching bout android being ruthless because I switch from Nokia to htc hero for its internet capahilites...n btw get gr facts right before saying something crazy....

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-05 15:24
  • 3x82

I think the price of the A8 is too much for what the phone itself can offer...no doubt the Samsung galaxy s brings a lot of new things to the table and it seems to be setting the bar for the new upcoming phones...on the otherhand the n8 seems to b more focusing on attracting the nokia fans themselves without thinking of a way to get the attention of the other consumers...

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-05 13:25
  • 3x82

> In reply to kamejoko @ 2010-08-04 12:15 from u7cf - click to readopera mobile 10
contacts
notes
Nimbuzz
SMS
Ovi maps

and some other stuff it was kinda weird

cause i usually have nimbuzz,opera 10 and maps open with 3g on and it tends to shut down one of them

but i did do a factory reset recently on my 5230 so i got rid of all the crap i had on it from before

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-04 19:08
  • q}@t

> In reply to [deleted post]may be he is too rich to know the rule - make most out of the price!

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-04 17:35
  • PUAC
  • If you have brain...
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to [deleted post]It is so incidently that the N8 is price tagged with an Iphone Killer. So no doubt that N8 will be compared with SGS. Under comparison, who dont want to get more promising and up to date specs with same price?

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-04 17:33
  • PUAC

> In reply to deep space bar @ 2010-08-03 09:39 from q}@t - click to readOpen 8 app with no lag. Ask you! your apps come with how many capacity? 1 MB? 10 MB? 100 MB. You try open app with 100 mb and see it can open how many app?.
LOL open many app with no lag. you're a child.
a computer open 100 windows "notepad" compare with another computer open 10 windows 3Dmax 2011 and maybe you think computer open 100 windows "notepad" stronger than computer can open 10 windows 3D studio max.

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-04 12:15
  • u7cf

Android is so open that google is planning to require paid apps to ping their servers at certain times. Anti piracy, they say.

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-04 11:45
  • t7Xh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-08-04 02:18 from KhsE - click to readComparing Nokia 5800 to Samsung Galaxy S is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-04 11:39
  • Jyy{

> In reply to Haseeb @ 2010-08-04 03:32 from uWAT - click to readI agree the Galaxy S looks like the 3GS lol Its a replica!

But as a 3GS owner I also know this phone will be superior like the 3GS, especially with the Froyo update.

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-04 10:46
  • MfxM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-08-04 02:18 from KhsE - click to readPlease think before you make such statements. The Nokia 5800 BETTER than the Galaxy S? I have thoroughly used the 5800 and although its a decent mobile, it doesnt even come close to such devices as the Samsung Galaxy S. In fact id rather take the Samsung Jet than the 5800!!!

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-04 10:43
  • MfxM

> In reply to Chupa @ 2010-08-03 22:02 from kNPu - click to readI understand your point. When I say Symbian is old, I meant that its been a long established OS. But as Symbian has been out for a while, surely it should be the most user friendly? Surely it should have the highest Apps and software support? Surely it should be the most stable? Im afraid its not to any of that.

As a consumer I would have expected Symbian to be the world's premier OS, not one that frustrates. And for new OS's like the iOS and Android arriving more recently and providing more to the consumer, it shows Symbian have not really invested as heavily over the years to make it the best.

Nokia own a chunk of Symbian so therefore will naturally use this OS. But im afraid this is Nokia's downfall.

  • Reply
  • 2010-08-04 10:40
  • MfxM

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.