News - Reader comments

Symbian^3 family grows as Nokia C6-01 starts shipping

4 November, 2010 | Read the news | Post your comment
Symbian^3 family grows as Nokia C6-01 starts shipping  - read the full textToday Nokia announced that another of the devices unveiled at this year’s Nokia world started shipping. Nokia C6-01 is the most affordable Symbian^3 handset to date and also the most compact one. The most interesting part of the Nokia C6-01 however is its 3.2” AMOLED display. It’s the first...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to snonre @ 2010-11-05 10:22 from uCm3 - click to readUp to now, there are about 100+ apps for symbian^3 (not including s60v5 apps which could also be supported by symbian^3) And the os is just about one month old.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 10:27
  • uCm3

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-05 10:19 from uCHM - click to readu cant call them perfect the finances,price of nokia shares have been droping constantly...they really need something extraodinary to be adjudged the undisputed kings in mobile industry,may be they should develop a couple of more phones based on meego.
Yes motorola n specially SE should die.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 10:23
  • Y}5J

for nokia naysayyer... This is a little fact.

Fact 1... Nokia sold more 5800 than iphone 2g + iphone 3g + iphone 3gs combined....

Fact 2... Nokia sold more E71 than all bb device ever build...

So, why apple or bb winning the battle? Because they have more profit per device sold? Do you really like to buy overpriced device?

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 10:23
  • uCHM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-05 09:58 from Er2M - click to readBTW, new apps are flooding for the symbian^3 already (dont just look at ovi store, look at other parts of the internet too). And with the new QT coding, apps can be created and ported to the Symbian^3 has never been easier. It is also claimed to be easier than android.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 10:22
  • uCm3

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-05 10:07 from Y}5J - click to readnokia sales number and cash flow were perfeclty healty.

The one will die soon is motorolla and sony erricson.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 10:19
  • uCHM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-05 09:58 from Er2M - click to readU really do hate the N8, do you? Anyways, just give symbian^3 a few months and you will see. The one who laughs last, laughs the loudest.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 10:18
  • uCm3

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-05 10:01 from Er2M - click to readthis is totally untrue and wrong science.

Saying that majority of singaporean using iphone means that more than 50percent use iphone. Which is wrong.

If you go to singapore, lets say orchard road. You don't try to seek any iphone to say that majority use iphone. Or in analogy, if i saw 100 porche in orchard road, then i make a conclusion that majority use porche. If you want to talk about majority or statistic. You should 'capture' people randomly to do survey. Let say i go to mrt station and catch 1 person randomly every 2 minute. And beleive it or not..... 70percent of singaporean use nokia...because that's the stat from the carrier...

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 10:17
  • uCHM

nokia are at present leaders in mobile phone and smartphones but there is also another fact that they are loosing market share,i have used symbian s60 3rd n 5th edition,both arent great and what symbian lacks is the number of quality apps.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 10:07
  • Y}5J

> In reply to Killersmith @ 2010-11-05 09:51 from tA{X - click to readFeel free to come over where I live and I can introduce friendS of mine who swtiched from the almighty brand to iphones....and it doesn't take a genius to figure that out, even on a worldwide basis. At least I do know the fact Singapore used to have the almighty brand to dominate the market and now majority of the people use iphone. They are not friends of mine and you can feel free to pay a visit to Singapore to see how many people are using iphone. I can tell you the historical fact most of these people were using almighty brand's phones few years ago.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 10:01
  • Er2M

> In reply to snonre @ 2010-11-05 09:33 from uCm3 - click to readShould I come back in 2 years and review what you say? I probably can sort of remember what you say, but I won't be able to spend the time and dig out your statement 2 years later.

At least where I live, iphones have been sold out without contract, while there are plenty of N8's sitting around with almost nobody asking for it.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 09:58
  • Er2M

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-05 09:23 from Er2M - click to read1. "I don't care about what Symbian does, I just HATE the brand. If the BRAND uses another OS, I'll keep bashing its products."

2. "I respect all other brands, I just HATE the almighty brand"

..u wont care to see what the new OS offers, if nokia would have created android, U would have hated it...that is called "Open fanboyism"

U are one of those who come up with fake stories like "I/my-friends was/were a Nokia loyalist and then turned to other brands...." B.S.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 09:51
  • tA{X

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-05 09:23 from Er2M - click to readOh, they will develop apps for the symbian^3 os, u'll see. And the number of sales of the N8 will come close to the Iphone. Just wait and see. iOS or android os didnt start off with 100k apps you know. These things take time.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 09:33
  • uCm3

> In reply to Mallows @ 2010-11-05 08:20 from 9L9{ - click to readHow can you prove I'm wrong when you don't even know which city I live in and observe what's going on with the mobile phone market?

I'll shut my mouth if you can prove to me shopping malls, airlines, subways, and other companies are developing apps for your beloeved Symbian 3 where I live way over iphone, and sales of any Symbian 3 phone model outsells iphone.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 09:23
  • Er2M

> In reply to The_guy @ 2010-11-05 09:05 from N7$J - click to readDon't worry, I think the auto focus will be available on C07-01 or C06-02 or whatever "new" models, so the company would be able to bombard the media saying they've some "new" phones. But at the same time, it may take out some features like TV out or less internal storage....

Maybe the almighty brand should make cars, so there would be one with power windows/locks and manual mirrors without a sunroof, another one with a sunroof, power mirrors and locks, but with manual windows....and there goes a "new" model!

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 09:18
  • Er2M

In my previous comment below, I made a typo. I meant to say the C7 and C6 not the C5...

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 09:10
  • N7$J

What on earth have the guys at Nokia smoked for them to remove the Auto Focus feature for their recent mobiles, especially the C7 and C5??? It doesn't really add up for me, especially considering the cameras of these mobiles are 8 megapixels! It would probably have made much more sense if they were talking about 2 megapixel cameras which aren't considered High-end features anymore. Surely the average person wont take macro shots with the camera on a day to day basis but that doesn't mean Auto Focus is a useless feature on a Mobile phone's camera. I thought Nokia would really come up with serious competitive mobile phones when they introduced the C7 and C5 with 8 Megapixels, along with the much better Symbian 3 OS, but I doubt many would like having a 8 megapixel camera without Auto Focus, unless they're into taking Landscape pics more often.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 09:05
  • N7$J

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-05 07:50 from Er2M - click to readyou know what, i surrender to you mr. IP Address Er2M, not because I admit defeat but my fingers ache replying to you and playing starcraft2. but please, since you're trying to provide fact, try to back it up with proof, so you won't look like a bogusman.

and there's nothing wrong with just reposting from what you read. as long as you can show the link. =)
and there's nothing wrong with expressing what you observed. Its just that in the eyes of the majority of the people in this forum, you're wrong. just like the way you think that Nokia isn't the best brand. I'm not saying it is, but then, no manufacturer can claim they are superior amongst others.

so sleepy. i'll catch you guys tomorrow!

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 08:20
  • 9L9{

> In reply to Mallows @ 2010-11-05 07:34 from 9L9{ - click to readI've a better life rather than going thru all the replies regarding the almighty brand here in order to shut your mouth.

If the landfill story isn't true, then can you share with us what does the almighty brand do with the phones being unsold? Donate them to 3rd world countries? If so, who would buy its "budget" phones if they can get ex-mid/top phones for free or at a low / same price of the new low-end phones?

yes, I "touched" iphone before. I just don't like the fact everything must go thru i-tunes. For Androids, all I need to do is copy the files from my computer/another phone, then I've everything in the new phone.

What's wrong to comment on something based on observation / reading articles through magazines?

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 07:50
  • Er2M

> In reply to [deleted post]Sorry for the late reply. I also got a life outside these forums. so many things to do rather than bashing another company and getting no results at all.

good night y'all!

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 07:36
  • 9L9{

> In reply to [deleted post]so you havent uses iphone ever but you keep on talking about iphone. can you please clarify if you just know things about apple simply by reading references and stuff? how bout handling one? dude, you're spouse got it yet you never tried to borrow it even once? yet you have the courage to tell everything about the iphone? wow. you must be a good essay writer/ copy-and-paste- the-text person in this forum. and i didn't say that you don't own an android handset. please go through my post again and i said you haven't shared your own story. duh.

you own a symbian before yet dare to ask yoursself, what symbian edition and version were those? Symbian already evolved. And evolutions comes with change. The thing is your idea of change is revolutionary and that is what ios and android brought to the people. Symbian is about evolution.

you read so many things yet you can't post the link. GSM arena hasn't deleted any posts and news. you can see old posts way back 2004. i hope you can show it to us. otherwise, everybody can treat your "landfill story " as a bogus. i swear if you can show it to us, i will shut up. and if nokia decided that resistive is better than cpacitive before, and thy changed their mind, that is because they want to cater to a bigger audience. what's the matter with changing minds about previous decision? even steve jobs proved that his mouth can go elsewhere when he said we won't need more than hundreds of kilobyte for a computer.

and you being suspicious about gsmarena supporting nokia, why the heck stay here? oh, i just remmbered you're here for bashing.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-05 07:34
  • 9L9{

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.