News - Reader comments

Quad-speaker Nokia X7-00 leaks on video, runs on Symbian^3

26 November, 2010 | Read the news | Post your comment
Quad-speaker Nokia X7-00 leaks on video, runs on Symbian^3 - read the full textNokia X7-00 is the next device to join the Symbian^3 gang. A leaked video shows a touch-based device with four speakers and similar hardware and software like the C7. The video shows only few details about the handset itself but we've also got some closeup shots further down. Additional...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Nokia Supporter @ 2011-01-25 11:02 from vCKW - click to readya u r right buddy...!!

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-16 12:50
  • ut0D

Waaaawoooooo Nokia is the best Symbian is the best.

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-15 05:14
  • Hxe3

> In reply to dj^^ @ 2010-12-10 07:03 from uRFR - click to readNokia can't give you an 8mp AF camera coz, they already have a 12mp AF camera equipped with carl zeiss optics and xenon flash. :) Oh btw, this 12 mp camera can crush some compact cameras in terms of image quality.

So quit whining, save up and get the N8 if you want a really nice camera phone.

  • Reply
  • 2011-02-17 07:01
  • t7RZ

Nokia won't give up on symbian because symbian is pretty much owned by nokia and in doing so would most likely cause sales in there symbian phones to drop which they know, i do believe nokia is going to release a windows 7 phone sometime this year not supprising cause nokia and microsoft have had history working together.
If nokia were to compete with android and apple os it would most likely be with "meego" nokia & intel based os, (it could be huge)

  • Reply
  • 2011-01-25 11:02
  • vCKW

to all music favorites nothing beats on nokia, the best above all.great maunfacturer.other brands,nothing but a non sense.in the philippines nokia is the no.1 brands.so nokia x7 will rocks all.no one can defeat its sound quality

  • Reply
  • 2011-01-14 17:35
  • wHrS

y can't nokia gives us a 8mp AUTO FOCUS?... zzzzz it really so bad when it's doesn't have it.

  • Reply
  • 2010-12-10 07:03
  • uRFR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-12-01 21:48 from kReK - click to readSamsung and sony dropped support for symbian months ago. Nokia shud do the same and move towards android or a totally new os better than android.

  • Reply
  • 2010-12-08 20:06
  • jnVV

c'mon, can't they make better resolution screen and newer software? Nokia is whey behind others in that segment, slow, not intuitive...i don't like it, it's still like 4 years backwards...can't wait to see that improved with new software, untill that im staying on other brand/s with better and faster phones.

  • Reply
  • 2010-12-08 15:08
  • p7%V

Nokia is still supreme in overall because of being rich in features, what Nokia needs to do to change the game is just to change the user interface, make it more splashy, colorful, whatever language you can use, move the main menu on the home screen, further improve the customization (which is already good anyway).

Users this days value a firmware from the UI, and not from the ccapacity of the factory running behind the UI. I can even speak a bit louder again,
Nokia is great in the factory behind the UI, but just needs to tweak the UI. For those who have gone through programming might be aware of this; any software or firmware
can do almost anything if programmed properly, for that matter there is nothing wrong with symbian IMO, it will be detrimental for Nokia to ditch symbian because if they are not careful they will lose the rich features they have already built in the now so mature firmware. Just borrow a leaf from Microsoft who are now splashing champagne for adding copy and paste! Or Apple who have been soldiering without video calling for so long!

  • Reply
  • 2010-12-08 13:08
  • MwgH

on back picture. why its wider on lower part? hope its a square dimension

  • Reply
  • 2010-12-07 14:00
  • t7GF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-30 08:00 from jAG1 - click to readUnless someone already stated it, Symbian was on Samsung and SE smart and feature phones for quite a while. They may still make phones with Symbian, but I'm not aware of it.

  • Reply
  • 2010-12-01 21:48
  • kReK

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-30 10:11 from jAG1 - click to readAnd just to show how little you know about GAAP and IFRS, here is an article showing that Nokia doesn't have to report GAAP results because they already report IRFS. So wrong again.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/...387381_x.htm

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-30 12:20
  • nmTa

> In reply to Sails @ 2010-11-30 10:40 from nmTa - click to readOf course you are, no wonder you are so confused. I don't think that non-IFRS means what you think it means. Ever heard of non-GAAP?

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-30 10:47
  • nmTa

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-30 09:22 from jAG1 - click to readSorry, I am no expert on US GAAP I give you that. However you seem to think that Nokia non-IFRS = GAAP?

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-30 10:40
  • nmTa

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-30 10:11 from jAG1 - click to readSo you fail even at copy pasting or linking? Or why did you take screenshots =)?

I don't think you have given any tangible arguments why I should choose non-IFRS over the reported. Since Nokia is Finnish company and Finland belongs to EU, I do consider the IFRS result the official one and you can whine all you want.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-30 10:21
  • nmTa

> In reply to Sails @ 2010-11-30 10:06 from nmTa - click to readLOL it doesn't matter which one nokia considers more important. Fact is they have to report both, that is what you fail to comprehend. Just because one set of data favors them more heavily than another does not mean they aren't reporting both. Which is what you seem to be referring. You seem to think Nokia has the options to report one over another. That is where you fail to grasp any concept of business economics. It's okay though. I already uploaded a screen shot to a couple forums of your ridiculous replies. It's getting late, I have early lectures tomorrow. So good night and enjoy yourself. Seriously though, read up on IFRS body, what it incorporates, what US-GAAP is, how it works. Stop throwing around "10 million dollars, 10 million phones" examples. Those are just laughable. You can play yourself as a well knowledge person all you want. Anyone can find holes easily in your statements. If you want to defend nokia so much, come up with a legitimate reason as to why they lost such drastic market share over one quarter in the smart phone department. Stop throwing out irrelevant facts trying to change the subject. Just some friendly words.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-30 10:11
  • jAG1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-30 10:00 from jAG1 - click to readSo bit confusing, no worse than the bable you are spouting... Lets try a little reading comprehension from the link you provided:

"Nokia believes that these non-IFRS financial measures provide meaningful supplemental information to both management and investors regarding Nokia’s performance by excluding the above-described items that may not be indicative of Nokia’s business operating results. These non-IFRS financial measures should not be viewed in isolation or as substitutes to the equivalent IFRS measure(s), but should be used in conjunction with the most directly comparable IFRS measure(s) in the reported results. "

I know there are big words like supplemental, not in isolation, not as substitutes, in conjunction etc. Your a big boy though right? So which one does Nokia consider more important?

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-30 10:06
  • nmTa

> In reply to Sails @ 2010-11-30 09:55 from nmTa - click to read"One is named Non-IFRS, other Reported. Which one is the officially reported result? If you owned a company that reported 1 million non-IFRS profit and -1 million reported profit as per Nokia reporting standard, were you getting richer or poorer?"

Look at your own sentence. LOL you asked which is the officially reported results? You fail at your response. Seriously. Stop trying to play off your "ambiguous" replies as if they were correct. Noted how I said ambiguous with quotations. As only someone with your low intellect would consider them ambiguous. You fail to realize that any market Nokia trades in is important. Sorry your replies are just so hilarious. I'll make a copy of this thread and post them on some forums that I frequent so the interwebs can bask in your intellect. :3

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-30 10:00
  • jAG1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-30 09:36 from jAG1 - click to readSo you finally got my point? Non-IFRS does matter. How ever the Non-IFRS is less important since it does exclude several actual factors affecting profits. I'm trying to simplify things since I don't have the energy write like you do ( and since you fail to understand the points even in the short replies).

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-30 09:55
  • nmTa

> In reply to Sails @ 2010-11-30 09:29 from nmTa - click to readobviously you don't have a clue to what you're talking about, you keep throwing out these embarrassing examples to try and prove your point such as "you have 10 million phones, you ship 5 to EU, 5 to asia" lol obviously you have trouble with complex math. Please, save the layman's terms for yourself. You obviously have no idea of anything you speak of, that's why you can't answer any of my questions that I ask. It's okay, I understand, some things are just too complex for you. Don't worry through I'll keep talking to you, you're entertaining. Even Apple zealots aren't as hardcore as you. Like I said, Nokia has gone more than just a name, its a religion to you.

  • Reply
  • 2010-11-30 09:42
  • jAG1

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.