mir, 14 Jan 2017Samsung have never paid much attention to the audio quality of their flagships in a very long ... moreDo we need this Harman on Samsung? The S8 without Harman already have a stereo speaker. Not sure about the quality.
RaghavaZ, 14 Jan 2017In case of mobiles, sales do matter. Because without quality, sales will stop at the earliest ... moreFirst of all, sales only determines how many people love the phone. OnePlus made a better phone than Samsung yet it can't outperform Samsung's sales. Sony doesn't excel in sales because of their poor marketing, and that doesn't have any impact on the quality of the phone. I used Toyota and Ferrari as a reference because we're basically talking purely about sales, which in case Toyota is better. Your argument that both are favoring different customers is a different story, which means you can't even stay to the topic. If history repeats itself, then explain this: http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xpe...ws-22290.php
Anonymous, 14 Jan 20171 nobody buys a phone based solely on audio performance. Also 99 percent of population is not ... more1. Just because not everybody do, doesn't mean no company should. You paid for a flagship phone, so you shouldn't expect cheap audio quality, especially it costs more than $500
2. Fiio X1 is just a special. DAC to improve the quality. S7 Edge needs it because of its weak audio output, whereas the XZ doesn't because of its Hi-Res audio capability. Besides, the XZ is considered as one of the best audio phones in my country
Anonymous, 14 Jan 2017Same way xz crushed s7 in sales and reviews. Oh wait...http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xpe...ws-22290.php
Samsung have never paid much attention to the audio quality of their flagships in a very long time. Now they better focus on the audio since they already got the design, camera and marketing right.
Tourettes Guy, 14 Jan 2017Sony workers aren't. We are confident that the Z6 will crush the S8 badlySame way xz crushed s7 in sales and reviews. Oh wait...
Tourettes Guy, 14 Jan 20171. So is it enough to say that Samsung is going to lead the world in audio department? Sony ha... more1 nobody buys a phone based solely on audio performance. Also 99 percent of population is not audiophile who won't be using phones to listen to hi res anyways
2 audio quality is purely preferential if you give someone a audio player with high-quality bass and he doesn't listen to bass heavy music it won't be for him. Also have you used fiio x1? Don't compare if you don't have relavent inform
Tourettes Guy, 14 Jan 20171. The XZ to have better camera than the S7 Edge wasn't a dream. It came out true, just by loo... moreIn case of mobiles, sales do matter. Because without quality, sales will stop at the earliest stages, and won't sustain for long but that isn't the case with S7/S7E. Even now it is selling in good numbers. That means it has got quality that matters. Sony's flagships aren't selling that much means other than Sony loyalists no one else is seriously considering their flagships due to one other reasons. Still i believe Sony has under performed by their own standards in Smartphone category. Automobile comparison made by you is silly. Toyota's and Mitsubishi's and Lamborghini's and Ferrari's cater to different sectors and are of different specs. By your own logic Toyota's doesn't have quality? Wow great. They are not even comparably specced cars. But smartphone flagships these days come with almost identical specs apart from few screen tech, camera and reliability. In mobiles, Sony is no Lamborghini or Ferrari. Sony XZ and S7E are almost equally priced not like Toyota and Ferrari, a stupid comparison you are making. Many reviews said overall S7E camera is best. Regarding S8 and Z6, wait and see, history just repeats. Nobody buys Smartphone for just audio quality.
Tourettes Guy, 14 Jan 2017Beats are for American people, Sony is for real audiophile people with knowledge about audioYes. Beat is mostly used by girls who prefer design/looks.
Cassy O, 14 Jan 2017My statement is based on my experience, so there is no one who paying me okay!
1. In CES 20... more1. So is it enough to say that Samsung is going to lead the world in audio department? Sony has been making tons of similar audio products for years, and most of them are technically far better than Samsung's. Samsung was never known for "decent" audio. If S8 will feature that, Sony will feature something better with the Z6 or X2, then when Samsung puts a better one on the S9, Sony will put another better one again on the Z7 or X3, and the same story will continue over and over again
2. You may have hearing problems, or you didn't adjust the audio settings correctly on Walkman, or that Walkman Player isn't meant to compete with the flagship music players. Many reviewers who used Walkman Player stated that it has phenomenal sound, far better than any audio competing devices. Your statement is illogic
guren, 14 Jan 2017Yup only sony is the best when came to audio quality,better than other,i have 1 zx series,2xb ... moreBeats are for American people, Sony is for real audiophile people with knowledge about audio
Anonymous, 14 Jan 2017You're probably stuck on the other side with quallcomm.. Samsung's exynos with wolfson DAC is ... more"Exynos's DAC is treasured by audophile people" lol where did you get that joke? Seemed to be the best joke that I have heard this year. Not even reviewers say it is "decent" for a flagship, yet Samsung fans desire for the S7 Edge to have a great audio. The XZ supports Hi-Res audio, which means it can upscale any low bit rate audio files up to 32-bit rate, and Samsung can never do something close to that mark. Audio is Sony's game, and it will take Samsung another 10 years before catching up, and by that time, Sony is already leading the world with "REAL" safe and innovative products that are better than Apple and Samsung. Maybe it's not bad for Sony to give Samsung a chance of experiencing on being the leader of smartphones, well I guess Nokia will stop them lol
RaghavaZ, 14 Jan 2017Dreams. Dreams. Sony's fans always dream that but in reality the opposite happens. Why? As per... more1. The XZ to have better camera than the S7 Edge wasn't a dream. It came out true, just by looking at sample shots taken in real life
2. So selling more units determines the overall quality of the phone? By that logic, we can say that Toyota and Mitsubishi cars are far better than Ferraris and Lamborghinis because both Toyota and Mitsubishi sells more units than Ferrari and Lamborghini does.
3. Audio is Sony's game, and even HTC that was once known for great audio is now left behind by the XZ. Samsung would take 10 years before catching up to Sony's legacy of audio performance, and that time, Sony is already leading the world with innovative products and by far better than Apple or Samsung or anything else
Tourettes Guy, 14 Jan 2017Sony workers aren't. We are confident that the Z6 will crush the S8 badlyDreams. Dreams. Sony's fans always dream that but in reality the opposite happens. Why? As per you Sony has best audio and camera but still lags in sales why? Why Samsung is able to sell millions while Sony, of all companies unable to replicate Samsung's success in high end? Based on GSMA's reviews only we can tell Sony's phones are good in Camera and Audio sections. Whereas S7's camera is been touted as one of the best cameras. Samsung's audio is clean, better than an iPhone. If audio quality is the only considered then ironically htc's are better than Sony.
Tourettes Guy, 13 Jan 2017In short, Samsung would still suck in terms of audioYou're probably stuck on the other side with quallcomm.. Samsung's exynos with wolfson DAC is treasured among audiophiles.. LOL
Tourettes Guy, 14 Jan 20171. The XZ supports Hi-Res audio playback, which means it can upscale any audio files up to 32-... moreYup only sony is the best when came to audio quality,better than other,i have 1 zx series,2xb series and 2 walkman ,all of them is great and very durabilty,i once try a beat headphone,it also good sound,but died after only 3month,so not very quality
Tourettes Guy, 14 Jan 20171. The XZ supports Hi-Res audio playback, which means it can upscale any audio files up to 32-... moreMy statement is based on my experience, so there is no one who paying me okay!
1. In CES 2017, Samsung launches some audio products that support UHQ 32 Bit audio, I believe soon S8 will support that feature too.
2. Based on my experience, I bought Walkman A15 and Fiio X1, I did comparing both devices and Walkman feels like a trash, I regret to bought that and I gave it to my brother since he doesn't care about audio quality.
Cassy O, 13 Jan 2017Sony walkman and smartphone are trash, only their head/earphones are good, just good not the b... more1. The XZ supports Hi-Res audio playback, which means it can upscale any audio files up to 32-bit rate. Samsung can never do something "decent" but not good as that.
2. Sony's Walkman Music Player is top-leading,technically one of the best, even better than Apple's iPod. Then you came up with that fake statement, proving how much of a hater you are, just with one statement.
3. I've used a $20 Sony earphones and although it's not the best, it was still better than most headsets I have used. Again I don't know whoever pays you to troll against Sony here
galaxys6owner, 13 Jan 2017IT is Better than sony anywayWtf hahahahaha! You funny high man! Give me your weeds. The S7 Edge can't even compete with LG's single mono speaker, which easily loses to the XZ's stereo speakers. Stereo>mono and quality>loudness everyday