News - Reader comments

MWC 2011 awards: iPhone 4 is best device, HTC - best maker

16 February, 2011 | Read the news | Post your comment
MWC 2011 awards: iPhone 4 is best device, HTC - best maker - read the full textThe Global Mobile Awards just announced the winners for 2011. A couple of phone makers and several software developers were honored this year. Some of the winners were expected, while others came as a surprise. We'll take a quick look at the two more interesting categories - the App Awards and...

 

Sort by:

East or west apple is the best !! Poor android users symbian and blackberry doesnt hav that farmville app lolll ;) i am very happy with my iphone4 and will be moving to iphone4s shortly :) wooooo :)

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-20 12:05
  • KFN$

apple is the geek of technology. alcatel is the best. cheers for the new age of technology......ALCATEL!

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-10 12:49
  • 0maB

Looks...not quite,apps...the best,class...alien,and the internal 32GIG memory jst completes it!!!U gotta love it:-)
Judges probably use it as well.

  • Reply
  • 2011-05-12 13:46
  • NHra

This phone is from another world.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-28 12:57
  • 0Tum

U dont know better than them .apple deservs to be the best

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-01 19:10
  • fpYk

U dont know better than them .apple deservs to be the best

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-01 19:04
  • fpYk

> In reply to I love to argue @ 2011-02-17 19:09 from vGAt - click to readtrue true, yes i love my iphone !

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-22 07:27
  • PSkR

> In reply to iPhone4user @ 2011-02-17 20:09 from HDKk - click to readi salute you co iphone user

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-22 07:25
  • PSkR

makes me laugh how apple wins??? rigged... i think so. HTC deserves to be the champion in every section. Absolute brilliance. I think for 2011 its going to be samsung in my eyes with their galaxy s 2, if they keep up with their updates etc as htc's new phones arent anything special at the moment but htc may well come out with something better. We shall see what happens but for now the champ is htc and 2011 is going to be samsungs with the galaxy s 2.

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-11 11:16
  • M3s@

How can this be??? Over 60,000 individuals have voted the phone 6.5 out of 10. HTC, Nokia and blackberry seem to be more liked by the public and operate at a higher level. Htc desire 8.6, Nokia 8.4 - well above the 6.5 rating for apple. Seems rigged to me

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-03 04:01
  • 9ycj

> In reply to kok @ 2011-02-19 20:49 from 0Erk - click to readTotally agree with you, even SGS camera is shooting much real colors

  • Reply
  • 2011-02-21 10:44
  • M4t@

I think samsung Wave deserves the best phone award....

  • Reply
  • 2011-02-20 11:21
  • utAY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-02-18 13:46 from nEwq - click to readIph 4 pics and shots that I seen are pretty bad compared to N8, oversaturated and mostly wrong colours, wrong white balans on almost any image, loose fine details (most because of too high NR reduction and overall post processing), overall images are shit and can not be improved with additional post processing. Video is also not quite good, wrong colour reproduction, grass is strange green, human skin loks like sick etc etc... I seen some blogs where they rise in a heavens iph4 camera, I guess that those kids newer seen a proper camera device in their life, or they grow on sintetic drugs so their perception is biased in some strange direction.
N8 camera is quite comparable with expensive compact cameras, there is no argue about that, not strange because it use technology from best compact cameras (1/1,8" CCD). Too bad that Symbian nowdays sucks.

  • Reply
  • 2011-02-19 20:49
  • 0Erk

see.. wat i have said ... mobile company from ages ago cant even done wat apple did.. its funny how when apple created the iphone all mobile company was shock at losing soo many customer for the IPHONE ... wat does that proves.. it proves that iphone is the best.. i know wat i said will offend you mobile people but you see.. a person like me can accept the FACTS that when a phone make soo much money and i mean even if a phone is 600 dollar even people will buy it .. you wanna know why because its worth every penny ... this is why it deserve the title called "the best" ... you people cant accept the facts and only accept ur opinion thats why you people is RAGE and hate the player instead of the game... am i right? .... get it through your headed... and accept the truth and the FACTS stop being stubborn and only accept ur opinion ... you see people like urself live a hard life because of that... u stress out everyday with people who dont think like u do ... am i right? ... go do ur hw and research .. you'll know why iphone deserve to be called "the best" .. wat nokia did in ages.. apple did it in 1 year... yess it hurts.. but its the truth.. sorry guys... and if you wont accept the facts that iphone is "the best" .. then you shurely wont accept "bruce lee" as "the best" ...

  • Reply
  • 2011-02-18 17:35
  • YhYx

> In reply to nokiaftw @ 2011-02-18 02:35 from PEHx - click to readwhat issues are you talking about with the iPhone as it has the lowest amount of repair returns i have seen compared to other smartphones i have seen for ages

nokia is just outdated, symbian is an old system that should have been put down long ago. im glad nokia is going to win7 maybe now they will bring out a decent handset that can compete with iPhone and android devices.

now dont get me wrong i love nokia handsets, ive had nokias since the begining of time and i hope to get more in future. i love my e61, e71, e90 and n95 and for their era they where fantastic smartphones but symbian didnt really ever change from there. tech must move forward or we will never have our servant robots we all dream for lol

  • Reply
  • 2011-02-18 15:32
  • M3s@

> In reply to nokiaftw @ 2011-02-18 02:35 from PEHx - click to readJezz if the Iphone is a status symbol then the world is really at it's lowest ebb.
The phone is brilliant piece of craftsmanship, a very well thought out ecosystem, an OS that even not the strongest has contributed to blowing the likes of Symbian almost out of the game. You claim the camera is grainy but all shots and videos comparisons have marched Nokia's N8 12MP camera and in certain situation out performed it.

  • Reply
  • 2011-02-18 13:46
  • nEwq

> In reply to me @ 2011-02-18 10:23 from M3s@ - click to read"so am iphone may cost more but its an investment :)"

Well said!

Last summer before iPhone4 came out many old iPhone 3gs users sold their device almost same price what they pay it. I was very surprised to saw those price what they got from selling their old model.

  • Reply
  • 2011-02-18 12:54
  • mhPQ

> In reply to I love to argue @ 2011-02-17 19:09 from vGAt - click to readyou should read comments further down if you feel that way lol

your comments are only bad points in your view

being dependent on itunes makes iPhone data management much easier as far as im concerned

in what way do you wqant to customise your mobile UI and like you said if you really want to do it u can by jailbreaking it so that prob is solved

it may be expensive but it holds its value my iPhone 4 32gb is worth £284 tradein value nearly one year after launch, on the other hand my friends desire hd that cost him £450 sim free is only worth £150 a few weeks lafter buying it

so am iphone may cost more but its an investment :)

  • Reply
  • 2011-02-18 10:23
  • M3s@

nokia +microsoft >google + apple+ ...
i hope too see a very good phone from nokia with win7 and see it will win in all of compares.

  • Reply
  • 2011-02-18 09:27
  • Sc{f

iphone never deserve to be the best phone,it just deserve to be the most popular phone.

  • Reply
  • 2011-02-18 07:28
  • tug}

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.