News - Reader comments

Photos of Symbian^3-running Nokia T7-00 leak, some specs too

03 April, 2011 | Read the news | Post your comment
Photos of Symbian^3-running Nokia T7-00 leak, some specs too - read the full textLive photos of the unannounced Nokia T7-00 just surfaced in China. Apparently the Symbian^3 smartphone will be a slightly trimmed-down version of the Nokia N8 flagship, dropping the 12 megapixel shooter, but retaining the sleek aluminium unibody design. At first glance the Nokia T7-00...

 

Sort by:

gsm arena you're probably kidding, it's pretty obvious that it's a china phone. Take a look at the pictures,compare it. The N8 has the usb port on the left side, next to SIM and memory card slot. While this T7, has that two-hole("I don't know what that is..") instead of the usb port because it's usb port is at the top of this phone picture shows when you open it), that.. supposed to be for the N8 it's the mini HDMI port. So it's a fake one, impostor. I have one question, why do you need to post this review on this blog?

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-18 13:58
  • t7Zh

> In reply to diogo.rva @ 2011-04-06 17:59 from L4Dg - click to readNo its mp4 ! Even if there are phones that record in 3gp there are apps and mods for it. defy does hd with a mod and other one is x10 mini pro im tqlking about not x10 mini.

Iphone 4 and 3gs have the same gpu but the one in iphone 4 is clocked to its max limit to run a resolution four times as much as 3gs. Also it may have dual controller (not conclusive). Damn apple they never reveal such info.

Also Please show your source which says that n8 has HDR video recording as you previously claimed.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-07 07:59
  • vGFe

> In reply to I love to argue @ 2011-04-06 16:44 from vGAT - click to readDefy and X10 Mini does VGA, and all the other phones does "HD" videos with 3gp compression and really poor quality. Might be only coincidence?

When I said that the N8 GPU is better than the iPhone 4 GPU, I was comparing with the iPhone 3GS GPU too, iPhone 4 and 3GS share exactly the SAME GPU. The iPhone 3GS got almost the same benchmark results as the N8, even with a much lower resolution.

Everything you are saying about CPU is more important than GPU for smartphones games is absurd for me, but I won't argue anymore, there's no use. That's enough for me.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-06 17:59
  • L4Dg

> In reply to diogo.rva @ 2011-04-06 00:08 from L4Dg - click to readoh please, there are many phones with less than 1ghz processor with hd recording.
EXAMPLE: Motorola XT720, Acer LIquid, X10 mini pro, Defy etc

You are wrong the n8 GPU is not better than iphone. You see that n8 gets better ratings because it has to render only half as much resolution as compared to iphone 4.

About games, do you really think a 150 Mhz GPU does more than 1 Gzh processor ???
THe GPU becomes more important than CPU only if your running some latest graphic intensive game with complex physics engine, geometry etc on your desktop loaded with a ATI/ Nvidia graphics card which has 8 - 10 cores.

MOstly, 1680x1050 or more in a game is GPU dependant, lower than that it's CPU's.
Also it depends on how its programed, for example on a PS3 the CPU is used ass the primary rendering component.


  • Reply
  • 2011-04-06 16:44
  • vGAT

its just , they put a black sticker caryin 8mp tag in plac of 12 mp marked area...ita an n8 guys

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-06 07:32
  • bC9e

i have bought this one already, jus 50$ only..
it is china phone
you notice the back side of the phone N-SERIEs then below its, there is one more label say..
CHINA MOBILE

GSMARENA you should check it first before post in the official catagories ...

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-06 05:22
  • P@Td

> In reply to zerocks88 @ 2011-04-05 02:16 from PUII - click to readThe N8 has that same screw there but in the N8's case its HDMI out.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-06 02:11
  • TSA5

> In reply to I love to argue @ 2011-04-05 21:45 from vGAh - click to readA small observation about the WVGA resolution with slower CPUs:

If you argue that a ARM A8 600Mhz is better than a ARM11 680Mhz, for the sake that we don't have to start another discussion about that, let's take a couple of old Windows Mobile phones as example like HTC Touch HD with a 528Mhz ARM11.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-06 01:21
  • L4Dg

> In reply to I love to argue @ 2011-04-05 20:26 from vGAg - click to readWho is talking about Crysis? You talk about geometry, but in fact, geometry calculations IS something that CPU power really counts. Loading is most related with the RAM speed and it have little to do with the ingame peformance, mobile games AI are so simple that you REALLY think that you need a powerful CPU to the job? It's almost as easy for a CPU as doing 1 + 1 on a calculator...

I'll say again: browser performance requires much more from a proper software than hardware power, you don't need 1Ghz CPU to browse the internet. Look at the N900, it has a 600Mhz CPU and have some of the best browsers on the mobile market.
Yeah, when I said that Opera Mobile was smooth on a XM device, but don't think I'm stupid and blind, I have a Nokia S^3 device, I already used an iPhone, tried alot of high-end Android phones and I know what is really smooth (while Android users with a phone with less than 800Mhz don't, sadly), probably is not "60FPS smoothness" but it smooth nevertheless:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9vViD96r_0
Probably smoother than browsing on the old Milestone browser or even in some "Dual-core" phones.

Oh, Desise Z got 800Mhz and HD video-recording? OK, but don't get me wrong, HTC uses 3GP files with really low bitrate for HD recording so it shouldn't be called real HD videos.

If there's not better looking games on N8 than NFS Shift, for example, it's obviously the lack of interest of developers, don't dare fault the hardware again. You can see games like Asphalt 6 running normally on an iPhone 3GS, that GL benchmarks results show that have the "same" performance as the N8, in fact, N8 have better OpenGL performance than the iPhone 4, so it can clearly runs any of these new "amazing" games properly. It simply lack of interest of developers, not N8 hardware problem.

Phones with weaker CPU and WVGA screen? Milestone. I know there's more but I won't look for them.
My old Pentium 200 too.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-06 00:08
  • L4Dg

> In reply to diogo.rva @ 2011-04-05 18:28 from L4Dg - click to read "there are a couple of phones with even weaker CPU power with WVGA resolution"

Mind mentioning them ?

"if you want to compare the N8 gaming performance with new next-gen phones, that kinda unfair, don't you think? "

I never asked you to compare them with games from tegra zone, did I ? Even games for android phones like galaxy s and desire which were released before n8 are much better. Compare them side by ode and you'll see the difference of performance, detail, smoothness etc.


"Opera Mobile 10 runs smooth even on a S60V5 phone with 437Mhz CPU and no GPU"

You mean the XM devices right ? I have very well seen the "smoothness" of it. Maybe that's why you say n8 and other symbian devices don't lag in the browser , because you compare it with such phones.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-05 21:45
  • vGAh

> In reply to diogo.rva @ 2011-04-05 19:15 from L4Dg - click to readdesire Z: 800 mhz processor and HD video recording.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-05 20:43
  • vGAg

> In reply to diogo.rva @ 2011-04-05 19:49 from L4Dg - click to read so what do you say ? a game is made up of graphics alone ?? or are you saying that calaculations, AI processing, loading is done by gpu ? As i said before it would have been true if it was crysis which has lots of detail and geometry, but not in simple mobile games.
about browsers, neither your iphone 2g nor your n8 comes anywhere near as much todays smartphones. You can try the browser mark test, which displays your points based on the ability of your browser to render text, javascript, flash etc. not just that, n8 also falls back in usability, ease of use and also lags. thats not just my conclusion but also of numerous review site (not only american ones which u hate)
I had edited my previous post and added a paragraph concerning HDR, which you may have missed out.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-05 20:26
  • vGAg

> In reply to I love to argue @ 2011-04-05 19:20 from vGAR - click to readI don't know where you bring up such conclusions. A GPU is made to do graphics processing, saving the CPU from the job. What you are saying is pretty nonsense.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-05 19:49
  • L4Dg

> In reply to diogo.rva @ 2011-04-05 18:28 from L4Dg - click to read"games requires much more GPU power than CPU"

No way, that doesnt apply to mobile phones. Maybe if your playing Crysis in your desktop, it may be so, but not in a mobile phone. In current breed of smartphone games , they are dependent more on CPU.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-05 19:20
  • vGAR

> In reply to I love to argue @ 2011-04-05 19:00 from vGAR - click to readFirst: Yes, I have multiple Facebook accounts and sometimes I even post as annonymous when I forget to login in.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that 1080p is useless if it's not done properly. It's only a resolution number and there are alot of other details that have to be considered on a video-quality aside from resolution. If Nokia N8 could record at 1080p would be great, if it really improves the fine detail and maintain everyting smooth, not only trying to fool people with higher numbers.

It's funny that you said that Nexus One got HD recording now because it has a 1Ghz CPU, in fact, I never seen an Android phone with HD recording and less then 1Ghz of CPU. The Samsung Omnia HD was the first device capable of HD recording, with a Cortex A8 600Mhz and using the extremely outdated S60V5, and even mid-range S^3 phones got HD recording with a good old ARM11 clocked at only 680Mhz. I don't really know what conclusions I can take from that.
Oh, forget it, that was only an observation. (:

Looks like will still with the deviation speech, if you really want no deviation, what about you talk about the T7 as the article proposes?

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-05 19:15
  • L4Dg

> In reply to diogo.rva @ 2011-04-05 12:00 from L4Dg - click to readFirst of all are you the same guy risos ?

"I ask who need 1080p recording if a device capable of recording 720p produce much better results"

what are you trying to say? Are you saying that 720p is better than 1080p that n8 would have recorded if it had a powerful processor ?
Do you know about nexus one and xperia x10 ?
Nexus one had just D1 recording (which was the highest resolution in any android phone time of its release). Now has got HD video recording which would not have been possible without its 1Ghz processor. The same goes for x10 which got HD recording with continuous auto focus. Anyone could have said that there was no HD recording at the time of its release but still it got hd recording.
And, Oh an please, nexus one and x10 are just examples. Please don't start comparing it with n8 and deviate further.

HDR, if im not mistaken, is merging two same frames, one which is overexposed and the other underexposed, into one. This is rendered by the CPU, by a software.
And how can you talk about colour fidelity, when most HDR shots itself are "unrealistic". Infact, I really doubt N8 has HDR video recording, can you show me the source ?? It was believable if you're talking about HDR photography but HDR video recording is too doubtful.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-05 19:00
  • vGAR

> In reply to I love to argue @ 2011-04-05 08:24 from 95HE - click to readAnd answering all your other questions: Yes, you can browser on the web without lag with a 680Mhz CPU, even iPhone 2G could with a 412Mhz CPU, Opera Mobile 10 runs smooth even on a S60V5 phone with 437Mhz CPU and no GPU, web browsing performance depends much more of the software than the CPU power, unfortunatelly the S^3 web browser is obviously pretty poor, but the hardware is perfectly capable for a smooth browsing experience. In fact, even some "dual-core" phones may lag with web browsing...

Yes, you can play "high-quality" games, but if you think that High-quality games are games with new-gen console graphics, so maybe the answer is no. But the N8 GPU is pretty powerful (more powerful than the iPhone 4 GPU), and games requires much more GPU power than CPU, if a game runs slow on a N8 (Asphalt 5), it's simply poor optimization, not hardware fault. But if you want to compare the N8 gaming performance with new next-gen phones, that kinda unfair, don't you think? However, graphics are not everything. Why do you think a Nintendo DS sold alot more than PSP? High-quality games = fun games. If you want amazing graphics, buy a console or a powerful PC, they will provide alot better graphics than any smartphone on the market can offer to you.

Obviously 680Mhz support higher resolution. There are a couple of phones with even weaker CPU power with WVGA resolution. The reason that Nokia is stuck on nHD is because if they change the resolution, pobably would make alot of incompatible apps. Apple could increase the iPhone resolution because it was only 480x320, so they could double it, doubling the resolution avoid upscalling problems. These things got to be done carefully. However, if you double 640x360 you have a 1280x720 phone, which certanly is a bit too much for a phone, don't you think?

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-05 18:28
  • L4Dg

> In reply to Jabadabaduu. @ 2011-04-05 15:44 from mh}n - click to readWhat exactly you are trying to answer?
When I said that not even today we have 1080p video recording, it's because I wouldn't dare call the Optimus 2x video-recording REAL full HD recording, since it's simply terrible.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-05 17:38
  • L4Dg

zzzzzzzzz,, this is not a real incoming nokia phone. u can c there are (china mobile logo) . this is copy phone la

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-05 15:50
  • PS6k

> In reply to diogo.rva @ 2011-04-05 12:00 from L4Dg - click to readLG Optimus 2X, LG Optimus 3D. 1080p video.

  • Reply
  • 2011-04-05 15:44
  • mh}n

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.