If you want to activate Live Services and have a system wide manager with access to every little file on your phone with your phone follow these instructions (i cannot link you to download sites on GSMarena, i will give you instructions and names of the files and you have to find and download them yourselves on the web).
1. Install WP7 sdk (on PC)
2. Make partneship with zune and phone;
3. Install toms .xap installer;
4. Deploy Connection Setup.xap, Touch Xplorer.xap and XBMODDeployer.xap (Install it on the phone);
5. Copy the .provxml from the ringtons folder to the windows folder (on the phone using touch explorer app);
6. Run connection setup to install the .provxal;
7: Now live services will work with your unlocked phone!
I see some people are interested in tweeking their WP7. All the tools you need can be found on the web if you search as i am not allowed to link download adresses.
Instructions as follows:
1. For unlimited downloads off apps and installation through PC to phone, Download "ChevronWP7Cer" and "ChevronWp7-NoSideLoadLimit" (both are jus a few kb of file)
2. Connect phone to PC and make partnership with Zune.
3. Attach "ChevronWp7CEr" file to a email and send it to yourself (on PC)
4. Now go phone and open this email, click on file and then install.
5. Now go to the "ChevronWp7-NoSideLoadLimit" folder in PC and click on file, a little window will pop up, tick all boxes and click the "unlock" button. Remeber to have Zune running in the backgroud and paired with phone.
6. Now you phone is developer unlocked
7. Download "WP7 Marketplace Desktop" on PC and use this program to search and install all the apps you want from marketplace(free).
8. To activate mass storage mode you need to install Zune on PC.
9. Dosconnect phone from PC
10. Then open the registry editor on your PC by typing regedit in your Start menu
11. Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB; search for ZuneDriver
12. Once inside you will modify three entries as follows.
* Change ShowInShell from 0 to 1
* Change PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell from 1 to 0
* Change EnableLegacySupport from 0 to 1
13. Close editor and log out from PC and then log in again.
14. You now have usb mass storage mode on your WP7 phone. When you connect you phone to PC it will show up as a external harddrive in "My Computer". And you can also sync on Zune if you so wish.
The rest of the tweeks are a little advanced, i would advice you to go to XDA website for more info.
i am a blackberry and android user i have sold phones for years and never seen good phones from either windows or nokia infact the n8 was the biggest returned phone we had! crap touch screen the lad was awfull and i liked the design of the hd7 but again windows let it down to limited for my liking android is so much better in all ways
what i am saying is nokia & windows no matter what they do its going to produce a awfull phone because they both fail! infact anything windows fails like only 2 weeks ago my 4 month old laptop crashed and deleted the start up files and my 6 year old emac saved the laptop and now the laptop is gone in favor for the blackberry tab :) will never buy windows anything ever again! oh and bing can go F**k off to
This is a scam from Microsoft. This test is made to run good on IE9. My QuadCore i7 and AMD HD5890 gets only 14fps in Chrome browser. Test it for yourself.
Davide, 16 Apr 2011I have HTC HD7 with WP7, and i have: A system-wide file manager Bluetooth file transfers ... moreDavide. Any chance you can hook me up with the changes you have made. Just come to the HD7 From n97. Love the phone but do miss mass storage, tethering ECT... And dolphin. And third party apps. What say you.or at least point me in the right direction. Cheers mate.
I'm starting to think that cellphone firmware versions are foods. . like android's sweet dessert servings as opposed to windows phone's fresh fruit slices. . what's next salad dressings for symbian? ahahha
Anonymous, 16 Apr 2011dude, no iphone supports mass storage out of the box. Not even the iphone 4.Probably his "iPhone" has mass storage, it probably also has double sim cards and no 3G because he brought it from China website for 70 dollars. Also his iPhone is probably called HiPhone :)
GreekGeek, 16 Apr 2011When this UpDate comes Out (September ?) there will be 4Core Phones and Internet 2.And don't forget, also Santa Claus will be working for United Nations.
SmartphonFreakKARTIK, 15 Apr 201120fps on wp7 ....... And 11 fps on retail android phone .....,.. Hahaha means mango comes o... moreIf you really want that kind of UI, then just buy android. as for personal taste, I said that WP7 UI is intuitive enough. just like my favorite quote, "Simplicity simply the best" :)
- click to read, 16 Apr 2011A Microsoft phone doing well at a Microsoft devised test.
What a surprise.And this critique coming from a crowd that believed Steve Jobs reception tests when he told you that you are holding your phone wrong. Don't throw bricks at your own glass house.
You can not fake a HTML5 drawing test like that. Tell me how you can fake a test that is not developed by Microsoft. You can download that test for your phone at Java developers site. You are just pi**ed off that Iphone had a head start and still has the speed of jurassic turtle, Safari is 10 times slower, ROFLMAO!!
A Microsoft phone doing well at a Microsoft devised test.
What a surprise.
When this UpDate comes Out (September ?) there will be 4Core Phones and Internet 2.
[deleted post]iPhone & Apple just got their ass whooped Microsoft for the win !