wasn't this technology first introduced at world mobile congress last year where nokia made their own exhibition at a nearby site? I think I remember a nokia demo from some kind of exhibition where they tested it and it was all over the internet.
Hahahaha, I laughed thru the whole clip.
I have a GalaxyS and my friend says that I should remember things rather than use Catch on my phone, because it will make me dumber.
This guy is the same, his phone is controlling him and his life and not the other way around and yes I admit it looks kinda cool, but c'mon the phone does everything for you and you walk around with your phone always in hand like some mindless-obeying-zombie.
The video did not show that the phone is then navigating him to a dangerous alley where he is beaten up and robbed, because he 100% relied on the phone and did not use common sense :D
Rick, 18 Apr 2011typical fanboys:
- when it's not there: "hey, we don't need it at all, this is already ... moreOr maybe it's just someone who understand their needs rather than get along with the mainstream.
Sometimes 'old people' does get the job done =) when 'younger people' still need times to learn how to do it.
Never mind all this fanboyism one way or another. Nokia are announcing a phone with NIPS, thats one thing I never expected to see on a mobile :-p
*waiting Nokia Tablet PC with Symbian OS* Nokia should work on this segmen.
- when it's not there: "hey, we don't need it at all, this is already good enough"
- when it's there: "see, says who we can't do that with this??"
Nokia You r my favourite u should do something ..
Other phones are on demand bcoz of the operating system like apple and android...
Nokia should do something except then symbian ..
symbian is no more valueable any more !!!
Is this gonna tell you precise where your wife is?and what is she doing?:)))))))
Anonymous, 17 Apr 2011Laurynas, Nokia indeed doesnn't own GSM but it does half the technologies that were incorporat... moreYes, I know that NOKIA has done a lot. I just said that NOKIA can't patent GSM, because GSM doesn't belong only for NOKIA.
The first GSM network was launched in 1991 by Radiolinja in Finland with network infrastructure provided by Telenokia and Siemens Networks which later on merged as Nokia Siemens Networks.
More info you can find here:
Laurynas, Nokia indeed doesnn't own GSM but it does half the technologies that were incorporated in GSM and they gave them for free.
Even in difficult times Nokia continues to develop THE mobile phone, unlike any other company that produces them. GO through the history of mobile phones and you will find that half the things that you enjoy in yours where developed or introduced by Nokia.
When the Microsoft/Nokia deal was announced I thought Nokia was a goner, but seeing how much efforts and resources are thrown in WMP and considering that Nokia can change most things in the OS I think the Wx phones might not be that bad.
Anonymous, 17 Apr 2011Your friend "yet another android" seems to be implying that Apple uses old technolog... moreI needed usb otg not as much as i needed to avoid a seemingly defective product. After i have decided to wait for n9 instead, and all i got is the announcement of symbian's death and MeeGo being an experimental OS, i got frustrated, felt betrayed and finally decided to buy an android phone.
So you knew me? It's been a long time since i commented on a gsmarena page.
hayato, 17 Apr 2011It's not about who invented it, it's about who does it first. Symbian 3 is an improved android... moreYour friend "yet another android" seems to be implying that Apple uses old technology and is not innovative? What happened to your N8? I thought your previous arguments were that you "NEEDED" USB OTG? Please read it, he claims that Android is merely an improved Symbian^3, i pointed out that how can it be an improved version of something that came out after it did? I've also used Symbian, I however have not said that Android has any functionality that Symbian did not. It all comes down to user interface and the ability for consumers to adapt and learn their devices. This is where Symbian fails. Sure Symbian isn't lacking in function however its lacking in User interface. Look at the Anna updates, must of the icons now look like iOS does it not? Not that it's a bad thing. Nokia realize that iOS is simple and easy to use so they altered their OS to reflect that. Just like how manufacturers realize that an all touch screen candy bar like iphones are very efficient and thus made their devices to reflect that?
Anonymous, 17 Apr 2011Your entire statement failed the moment you hit the "reply" link.
1. Nokia didn'... moreIt's not about who invented it, it's about who does it first. Symbian 3 is an improved android because android is finally coming to the age when it is already as functional as the old symbian OS, while being excellent too in Eye candy and usability. Android and IOS fans should just accept it - Symbian, although old and undeniably has lost any modern charm, is once a better OS.
Only bad if you really hadn't experienced it before.
-that said from a current android user
Yet Another Android, 16 Apr 2011Your entire statement failed when you said "Nokia Can't Afford". But you know what, ... moreYour entire statement failed the moment you hit the "reply" link.
1. Nokia didn't invent widgets either, guess who invented Widgets? Bill Gates; Microsoft 1996. So yes, nokia is just taking technology and inventions and throwing it onto their phones.
2. Android is a copy of Symbian^3 that has been improved upon? Amazing, those geniuses at Google invented a time machine, traveled to 2010 and stole Symbian^3 and went back to 2008 and released Android huh? It's funny how you relate it to Android being an improved Symbian^3. Why not say Symbian^3 is a failed android? Makes more sense does it not? Android came long before Symbian^3, yet after all this time in development Symbian^3 still failed?
3. Nokia didn't invent video calling either my friend, video telecommunications was invented by guess who? AT&T. So isn't Nokia doing exactly what Apple is doing? Taking old technology and implementing it? Nokia didn't invent USB OTG either. Except Apple isn't failing, I don't know if you've read the news or not buddy, but Apple's profits and sales are astronomical. I'm pretty sure if Nokia could they would love to be in Apple's position financially. Apple needs 4G? I'm not sure if you've noticed this... Apple doesn't have a 4G device. I don't know where you're getting your information from but Iphone users don't need 4G connection nor iphone 4 to do MMS.
4. Why does apple care if you want to use bluetooth headset or not? Apple supplies you a very good pair of headphones, and guess what? They intend and want you to use the iphone with the headphones.. Want to know why? IT'S AN IPOD TOUCH WITH TELEPHONY GENIUS. That's like whining because apple doesn't let you use normal USB to charge/sync or requiring you to use Itunes to sync your media. GUESS WHAT GENIUS? ITUNES CAME BEFORE IPHONE. Apple wanted you to use itunes for updates and syncing media because it allows you to totally incorporate your iphone into things you already have. Guess what? most people who bought iphones already owned an Ipod before so it made things a lot more streamlined as they were already accustomed to itunes.