Is this why Sony can't put the fingerprint sensor on the side? Maybe Apple have exclusive rights in the US?
Why not intergrate the power button and fingerprint scanner on screen, that actually leaks by Apple's rumors.
Just put fingerprint sensor in the back under Apple LOGO ! best idea ever ...
Lunafreya, 17 Jul 2017First they remove the headphone jack, now they remove the home button. Whats next? power button?they way u talk like apple really do a big mistake get rid that jack .... how about android phone that dont have jack ?
Immortal Terminator, 17 Jul 2017Sony did it earlier. After this happened, iFans will say its innovation :vu can see a lot ihater said it innovation than apple fan it self even its a recycle joke since 2010
If they put 3.5mm back and usb-c charging port.
I will give chance and move my android to apple.
Duel, 17 Jul 2017Was Z5 first one to use this? Then Apple filled patent half year earlier.Yes. But Apple didn't use it at that moment
dear sony warriors, your xperia is a lot more uglier than this iphone.
even china phones look better.
RoHiT220485, 17 Jul 2017i dont think its worth waiting for this year's iPhone.
it will be expensive, and not much imp... moreI agree.
Historically the Base models had better reception/hype/sales. But the S models were better all-round devices.
- iPhone (initially sucked bad, a Nokia, Palm Pre or HTC TouchPro were better).
- iPhone 3G made many many improvements, but sucked in performance, camera, battery.
- iPhone 3GS finally superseded smartphones and started the superphone era.
- iPhone 4 made lots of improvements, but the extra efficiency and power was used up by the new screen.
- iPhone 4S refined the formula, and people upgrading from the 3GS saw great improvements in the OS, battery, camera, and performance.
- iPhone 5 introduced a new aspect ratio and design, but small improvements over the 4S.
- iPhone 5S launched with much more widespread 16:9 support, and 64-bit processor meant Apple would support it much much longer than the 5 and 5C.
- iPhone 6 introduced a new resolution, bendgate, and small improvements.
- iPhone 6S launched with much improved support for the new resolution, fixed bending, introduced 3D Touch meaning it will be supported by Apple longer than the 6, also came with much better performance and camera improvements.
- iPhone 7 introduced the new design = to remove the headset jack. But brought IP68.
- (this years) iPhone 7S will probably upgrade the power, camera, and battery.
- (next years) iPhone 8 will probably fix the fingerprint reader and support a shaved bezel design.
Lol that power button looks almost as large as the volume keys.
xXENDER FREAKXx, 17 Jul 2017Lol Apple copyright Sony's idea to make the power button a fingerprint sensor when Sony alread... moreWas Z5 first one to use this? Then Apple filled patent half year earlier.
apple is now getting down, and if the fingerprint is on the power button than they steal the sony idea....it is just a rotten apple, Sony and Huawei are best
DNeighbor, 17 Jul 2017I called this concept a week ago... Yes, Apple is doing an Xperia power button fingerprint scanner.yeah you are right sony and Huawei are best
I called this concept a week ago... Yes, Apple is doing an Xperia power button fingerprint scanner.
i dont think its worth waiting for this year's iPhone.
it will be expensive, and not much improvement over the previous model.
next year's iphone probably will have the under the screen fingrerprint scanner.
This year is just 7s renamed as 8
This year phones will have the worst FPS locations, will be ok with S7E for one more year I guess... Even if it's in the center on the back it such balls, GL unlocking our phone when it's flat on the table.
So that means it's going to be hybrid of S8 and Xperia flagship. Pls make a great camera this time. iPhone selfie sucks big time.
Anonymous, 17 Jul 2017Half of 2015...
Of course the phone project was ready and tests are already running.
There i... moreApple stole sony idea and patented, so they could be only ones to use ...
And the us patent system allowed, even though a sony phone was already on certification...
Can't be more corrupt ...