River rafter, 03 Aug 2017Well said sir. I see you've gotten a lot of praise for your post. But let me tell you the fact... moreWhat are you saying? Lmao you're just a hater.
The only thing I would agree with you is the price. You wouldn't know how the software would help the battery, and the camera quality doesn't depend on pixels. Lol if you lose an s pen why buy another? Cis I know it's not "important ". And it's not like the phone won't work without it. But if it's really important in your daily usage then don't lose it or spend money for your carelessness. Apple pencils are way easier to lose but if it's important like I said you'd try not to lose it. And please what happens to the hardware? Does it wrinkle? No. The hardware never loses it's strength but it's rather softwares that are getting beefier which makes the processor run slow. And Android is a heavy system compared to iOS. Everyone has an opinion tho. If you wouldn't buy it no problem. But stop trying to make it look like the phone should be perfect. No phone is perfect. Nothing is perfect, not even you. You can wait till they make " your perfect phone then you can buy it.
Florin , 03 Aug 2017So basically, it's the same phone as the s8, minor design "improvements" with an s pen? And h... moreWhat do you want them to do within every 6 months? Add 2GB of RAM with every new phone? (Imagine by the next 4 years, the RAM would be??) Or make the screen 7"? Or make it fire resistant? If there's even new technology since the s8 they'll have to experiment with it before releasing. You're the kind of ppl who will same complain if a company brings out something that isn't "complete". They're not targeting s8 users. This is an upgrade to the note series especially the note5. So stop whining that it's just an s8+ with stylus and dual camera. After all it's not force to buy, especially if you have an s8
So basically, it's the same phone as the s8, minor design "improvements" with an s pen? And here you go, we have a new note, even pricier and who knows what surprises will bring this year!
Bye bye Samsung Galaxy S8 and Note 8, see you again in 2018.
Poor fingerprint sensor placement, bad battery capacity, OLED burn in unresolved, and unconvincing obsolete camera strategy.
From your turned down future customer.
Why the phone sizes are getting bigger and battery level is almost same to old level. ???????
the Only Oracle, 03 Aug 2017It's Amazing the kind of trolling about Samsung smartphone and technology in general.
The Not... moreWell said sir. I see you've gotten a lot of praise for your post. But let me tell you the facts.
People like you are the ones who push samsung into becoming money oriented. They pull off cheap tricks and software gimmicks to people such as you who praise it to the heavens and support samsung by buying these mediocre phones. I bet you've never owned more than one note series phone. Well not the earlier ones atleast. Most people who criticize samsung for the note 8 have and they know that the note series now does not have long lasting hardware and specs worthy of the increasing price tag.
Let me tell you how.
1) the camera module. They've added two of the same sensor from two generations ago. Same as the s7.
And brighter photo? The second camera module is of 2x or 3x zoom right? What about the extra brightness for the periphery of the normal photo? Assuming the second sensor captures more light, which extra sensor is gonna capture extra light for the periphery of the photo?
2) same display tech since the first galaxy s series phones- diamond pentile.
3) battery- sealed of course. But we've seen it before. Got used to it. But 3300 mah? 80 mah more than the note 4's 3220mah. For light users, they'll get a day's worth of power with the heavy software optimizations and power management functions. But you guys must update the phone to the latest OTA software and perhaps the next version of android. Then see how long the battery lasts. I bet it won't last half a day. Why? Cause like apple, which still hasn't crossed 3000mah on their bigger iphone 7 plus but charges >1000$ for their phone, samsung also tricks users into heavy software optimisation so the phone wears off over a year and by next year, people are forced to upgrade to the next note phone cause the battery of their note 8 would suck.
And also, why make the note phone curved? Is your notepad paper curved on the edges? That space could be used for a bigger battery. And why not add an extra 1 or 2 millimeters to fit a bigger battery? Cause samsung is targeting fools who'd pay for looks and not the productivity oriented people the notes were originally meant for. I've seen a few women own the note 5 and when asked about whether they use the s spen, they told me they barely use it.
4) CPU. snapdragon 835 or the corresponding exynos version. Same as on the s8 and s8+, and many other phones already on the market. Good strategy to have the cpu get outdated faster, maybe in 2 years? Sure the battery would fail to sustain the use of ordinary people before that.
5) bluetooth 5, fast charging, the latest wifi, Lte radio, latest version of android- other flagships of 2017 have them too. Example, the one plus 5. And it costs way less!!
6) after service costs. Please drop your note 8 or s8, break the glass and find out how expensive it is to get a curved display fixed. And the s pen? What if u lose it? A spare cost me $80 excluding tax. You think it's worth it? Samsung ripping people off with after market service charges!
7) crappy fingerprint reader position. Come on. Why not make the camera module and flash + fingerprint sensor arrangement vertical? Or keep the fingerprint reader alone a but lower? Samsung doesn't seem to care about customer feedback and criticism. It may have design challenges but sure. We're paying enough for it aren't we?
So i politely wish to educate you to think again before supporting samsung into becoming a company like apple who makes software changes and optimisations in cheap hardware so that the phones don't last long and customers rush in to the stores the following year for an upgrade. And not to mention the price. $1000 and you can buy a car in certain countries!
androidmasterrace, 03 Aug 2017Let me guess you're an old grouchy boring Note 4 user who loves trashing any new Note series p... moreSomebody preferring rugged practical designs instead of fragile shiny glass sandwich? My oh my, what's the world coming to.
Technomatic, 03 Aug 2017Rubbish spec, my Note will still be better..who cares about your mobile being water or dust pr... moreThe 'problem', especially for those who, up until Samsung emasculated the Note 5, had been Note Series aficionados is that Samsung will have tapped-into a niche demand of buyers wanting an S8 Plus equipped with the S-Pen; for that is what the Note8 is. I have (we have) aged-out of the market for these newer Note smartphones. I'm just going to wait for LG's V30 while looking to buy another V20 for back-up since I am, age-wise, closer to the end than the beginning and have enough devices to tide me over.
sa11oum, 03 Aug 20173300mAh? This isn't a power user's phone anymore, it's just a Galaxy S with an S Pen. Samsung ... moreYes, a power-user may need two of these things if they expect to power through their day.
64 gigs of built-in storage? Is this 2015? Not that I'd mind it being August of 2015 again but as this is August of 2017 I'm concerned that a such a highly-touted flagship will not see 128 gigs of storage as a minimum. Never mind that it's too skinny and the dimensions are unbecoming of a "phablet"; the class of which the Note Series is credited with establishing.
The more new phone came out,the more ridiculous its design can get,and this note 8 is among the ridiculous design with that dual camera bulge and stupid fingerprint scanner,its just hideous
3300mAh? This isn't a power user's phone anymore, it's just a Galaxy S with an S Pen. Samsung have lost their way.
Technomatic, 03 Aug 2017Rubbish spec, my Note will still be better..who cares about your mobile being water or dust pr... moreI want the note 8 more than the note 4. Oh look, i guess samsung does care for its consumers' desires.
Nice, although battery could have been bigger than 3300 mAh. I think it's because they are trying to be cautious after the Note7 fiasco.
Technomatic, 03 Aug 2017Rubbish spec, my Note will still be better..who cares about your mobile being water or dust pr... moreLet me guess you're an old grouchy boring Note 4 user who loves trashing any new Note series phone because it doesn't have your two favorite albeit obsolete features (removable battery/IR blaster) anymore just like most other Android OEM's? Get with the times grandpa this phone is waaay better lmao.
Think and say what you will but this super sexy phone is still gonna sell like hotcakes!
Looks alright, keeping same performance level with S series with few tiny upgrades, so S series owners will whine less, 6 gb Ram welcome improvement, no need to change chip cause it is already most powerful Android chip. Anyway most people will get it just for S pen, so looking as fine replacement for Note7
Rubbish spec, my Note will still be better..who cares about your mobile being water or dust proof, if you can't look after your mobile then you're not mature enough to have one.
Samsung, have lost the plot with anything innovative for the Note 8, the battery size us toally power, you will need at least two power banks or just keep it plug in 247.
Samsung does not care about its customer base or what users actually want.