XZ1 and XZ1 Compact have been leaked. So, the Sony phone with rear fingerprint (edge to edge screen too) could be X1
It seems that sony doesn't want to grow...they are still making phones with monster bezel while tussle is going on to reduce/remove the bezels among the toppers..
I'll keep my Z1 compact LOL. I love Sony for their near AOSP experience, stability and awesome battery life But they just never ever evolve, and the prices for this compact are way too high. Sad.
Looks like it's Essential for me.
mischa, 17 Aug 2017This phone should've been released in 2016. As usual Sony is one year late again of the competition.Name any mobile with sd835 on 2016 I'll give you an award
While look is a matter of taste. I love the look of sony
Sony Fanboy Bitches, 18 Aug 2017With 2100 technology inside of it, F that stinky bezels.
They were not an issue back then unt... moreAlmost nearly 1% of so called bezeless devices sold in 2017 out there, rest of 99% are bezeled.
But real users keep complainig about unpracticality, whilst nonsense folk here keep complaining about bezels.
Anyways, its Quite a consumer consumin trend I see.
Its sweeping the smartphone world like "crazy". :-D
Noel, 18 Aug 2017Nice device but those bezels and meager battery capacity..make it a tough sell. Common Sony no... moreiPhone 7 Plus is a 5.5" device and only has 2900mAh battery.
XZ1 Compact is a 4.6" device with 2600mAh battery - 300mAh less while being 0.9" smaller.
Oh, I don't wanna talk about the S8 and its 5.8" screen powered by a 3000mAh battery - the XZ Premium with its 5.5" screen and 3230mAh battery will destroy that.
Gandalfdenvite, 18 Aug 2017The bottom bezels on Nokia 8 are at least used for the fingerprint scanner and capacitive butt... moreHardware keys are the thing of the past.
See why Samsung has also gone down the road of on-screen keys at least with their flagships of 2017.
And if the bezels are really used as capacitive keys and fingerprint scanner of the device, then judging the size of the bezels, it's pretty much wasteful on the phone as well.
With the Sony, we have a 1/3.06" 13mp AF front camera that blows the ones on that Nokia 8.
And should I talk about which one implements the fingerprint scanner on a location more original?
Nokia 8, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 2017 edition, as obviously seen on the front.
Anonymous, 18 Aug 2017looks like a phone from 2012 with those huge bezels....With 2100 technology inside of it, F that stinky bezels.
They were not an issue back then until some sh1tty OEMs started getting rid of it and lured people into believing that it's the future.
Sonys Compacts actually have no competition....
Best compacts on the market.
And yes, even including iphones compacts, those just lack so many tech and features that Sony devices provide...
Great phone and love the idea that it is a bit thicker ...
for those that complain that the phone is too thick .... +1mm
I hope for you when you get fat it will be just 1mm more.
Who don't want bezels cut and it them with coca cola. Lol. Don't you tired speaking the same nonsense?
The bottom bezels on Nokia 8 are at least used for the fingerprint scanner and capacitive buttons, while the bezels on Sony phones are just ugly uncomfortable waste of space!
We need a compact phone below 4.7" with:
1) the highest IP rating. We are not expecting a bigger phone to be used underwater as it will be a hindrance to the underwater video shooting.
2) Highly endurance with more than 3000 mAh battery. We want more than 2 hours 4k video shooting when we put it on the drone nor underwater drone.
3) High durability in which the phone for e.g it even could stop the bullet when we put it on our shirt's pocket.
4) Flagship level specifications which is the same specifications with their main flagship without cutting many things to get it half price of its main brother.
5) Software updates is second fastest to Google phones for Android and the most frequent for iOS.
6) Design language is the least importance but it must be easy to hold and not slipped from our hand when underwater. The screen should be able to be used underwater.