News - Reader comments

Nokia E6 is coming to America, available for pre-order at Amazon

16 June, 2011 | Read the news | Post your comment
Nokia E6 is coming to America, available for pre-order at Amazon - read the full textShortly after the Nokia X7 became available in the United States, the other Symbian Anna running creation from the Finnish giant made it across the Atlantic as well. Of course, we are talking about the QWERTY and touch screen equipped Nokia E6. You can now pre-order the successor of the highly...

 

Sort by:

i like this phone but i dont know the price.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-29 08:14
  • 9EBN
  • GISELE-0110@HOTMAIL
  • Report
  • Rating0

i loved the nokia e6!is a excellent smartphone..
but i dont'now all he do.but i like very!!!!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-08-15 19:18
  • P4bK

i bought E6 withn a month all the software crashes and i am really fredup with it.

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-16 19:37
  • bCgf

Nokia e6 is already listed in nokiausa.com, but it doesn't say anything about its availability...

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-29 21:19
  • kAx5

> In reply to aaptk @ 2011-06-19 13:20 from s0Mx - click to readExcept for the fact that wifi performance sucks? Proven again by link and review from Anandtech which is not biased towards any mobile os or manufacturer? Oh but right, you're dismissing it.

http://discussions.europe.noki.../td-p/815805

here you go, more weak wifi performance, wow 80% and still not able to connect? Whats your excuse for this?

Also what about email problems? horrible on screen qwerty? those were not flaws?

You talk about the law of returning a phone; how do you know this guy's country even has a law that guarantees him from defects? What if he has owned the phone for more than the 30 day buyers remorse then? What then? Right, he can't have possibly owned it right, because you said so.

Again, SGS lag was due to bad 2.1 Eclair, obviously you wouldn't know that right? Maybe you should check online to see if it was fixed with 2.2 Froyo, oh it was? Darn there goes your excuse to why the SGS was a bad device? Same with HTC desire again. Nice try fanboy. Again, if you believe SGS was an average device, N8 is below average. This is proven through real world data(piss poor sales numbers), on sheet specification, and market share penetration.

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-20 02:54
  • jAGb

E63 is Best . No doubt

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-19 19:49
  • fCPP

> In reply to Sure Buddy @ 2011-06-19 08:59 from jAGb - click to readi can freely talk about flaws about any of my phones. i know there are issues with purple tint and crashing, but i dont experience them. not do i see them with n8s around me.
other than that, on the hardware side, there's nothing wrong. the battery should have been 1500mah, thats all
on the software side, i dont see an advantage in fancy ui, i use opera. apps are plentiful, some i miss from android, some are just for symbian.

if i had my phone returned with a defect several times, i would ask for my money back. as ive seen, the purple tint is not unlivable with, people with other smartphones have issues to (antenna on ip4, lag and gps on sgs, multitouch on desire,...)

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-19 13:20
  • s0Mx

> In reply to aaptk @ 2011-06-19 02:40 from s0Mx - click to readWho said i didn't like them? I enjoyed the E71 which was why i bought the E71x to use it on 3G. I enjoyed my N95 and N91 as they were very well made even though the N95 had a plastic build. I bought the N900 due to the fact that I had an N800 and enjoyed it's uses; however doesn't mean that it didn't suck. The keyboard was horridly made. Why was it that the N800 had a good keyboard whereas the N900's keyboard sucked? So again; just because someone doesn't like something doesn't mean they never owned the product. On paper the N900's specs were actually good, 256MB of ram which is good at the time, ARM cortex A8 like the Galaxy S and Iphone 3GS, good screen resolution even though it was resistive, decent camera with a very good light; however maemo was a let down as I thought Nokia was going to try and bring maemo into mainstream.

So since you say you've researched all the flaws of the devices you are interested in, tell me what are the flaws of the N8 and the C7? None you say? I thought you would say that; fanboys believe their devices are perfect, if it was how come the sales figures are so crappy nokia is embarassed to say it?

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-19 08:59
  • jAGb

I own the n8 and use with at&t here in the states. I'm not sure why nokia is even trying here at this point. Either bring the best or don't try...android and ios are killing you nokia here in the states. Most people think nokia only has 80 and 90's old school phones. At&t sells one or two crap flip nokia phones here in the states, so sad. People are so confused when they see my n8..so nokia is still around, that's their thoughts. Nokia really messed up here...in the states.

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-19 08:54
  • FJfI

It also available in India for Pre- book

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-19 08:02
  • 2SU4

> In reply to Nokia Rules @ 2011-06-18 11:52 from kJX3 - click to readNokia Rules ?
Nokia Rocks ?
still loving Nokia ?

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-19 06:27
  • PRWZ
  • The Boy with Red Hat
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to Sure Buddy @ 2011-06-19 00:22 from jAGb - click to readThe actual change rate make the Atrix 4G phone cost 1200 Dlls. here is 12 pesos x 1 dlls but here all the electronics is all expensive PLUS federal TAXES

http://www.poderpda.com/plataf...0999-00-m-n/

And they are ALL READY SOLD OUT in just 1 week :D

I didn't get the Thropy since I was not looking for that. In fact they change me my Droid X for that one for only 99.99 dlls :D

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-19 04:19
  • LuNX

> In reply to aaptk @ 2011-06-19 02:35 from s0Mx - click to readI had my N8 changed seven times now. The first one died and it won't turn on. I was told at nokia care that it was a circuit board problem. The replacement phone have the tint problem. I really believe that this tint problem is on most N8. why can't they replace my screen with a tint free one? The guys at nokia care are careless too. Now my N8 have dust behind screen and some scratches on the body. Very poor customer service by nokia

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-19 03:51
  • 45M7

> In reply to Sure Buddy @ 2011-06-19 00:27 from jAGb - click to readwhy do you buy phones you dont like?
like i said, if i am going to spend a large amount of money on a phone, i will research any flaws, problems that i may encounter
and then see whether i should buy or not...

in my country, you can exchange your product in 15-30 days if there is something wrong with it, for a full refund. its the LAW...

so, i am very sorry for anyone having problems with any phone they paid, but its not as if they cant do anything with it. if i get a faulty phone and they wouldnt replace it with a good one, i would also say bye to nokia or any other.

im no fanboy, far from that...

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-19 02:40
  • s0Mx

> In reply to Nokia Rules @ 2011-06-18 17:05 from kJX3 - click to readim aware of the purple screen defect
and even before i bought my n8, i've checked it for that

some people get a new phone, with or with (again) the defect.
i also would like to see everyone get a fully working phone, without defect, but i just believe its blown out of proportion...

a lot of people around there comments are just trolling. most n8 in my area (and ive checked a lot of shops before buying) didnt have the defect. the ones that did, it was very faint.
if you aint looking for it, you wont see it. mine is without defect, but if it were with one, i would exchange it or get my money back.
there are laws for that and if you bought your mobile in a mobile shop (not a nokia store) its up to them to change your phone or give you your money back.

similar thing hapened to iphone4 with signal reception problems. apple made no recall and just masked the problem with bumper and software change. i hope nokia doesnt do the same

so, some n8 have issue, but a small percentage. its not justified to say all n8s are bad

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-19 02:35
  • s0Mx

> In reply to aaptk @ 2011-06-18 15:48 from 3LUD - click to readROFL so just because he doesn't like the N8 means he doesn't own it? Eldar didn't like the N8 either, that must obviously mean he never had it in his hands as well right? I don't like Nokia that means I must not have had a Nokia device as well huh? Dang, that E71, E71x, N900, N95, N91 that i've owned in the past must have been chinese knock off! No wonder I didn't like the N900, it wasn't even a real device!

Fail, try again aaptk. So again why not reply to the other post?

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-19 00:27
  • jAGb

> In reply to The Boy with Red Hat @ 2011-06-17 22:05 from LuNX - click to readROFL now im not from the US? you're obviously not bright. Nokia's market share in the US is basically non existent. The Nokia Astound(C7) is free with Tmobile Contract, yet its sales are piss poor. You said in another post that the Motorola Atrix cost around 1200 dlls(is this suppose to be dollars or is that shorthand for pesos?). Where as the Nokia N8 cost ~360 dlls. If assuming that you meant USD then that means mark up of the Atrix is basically 120% mark up. So if we take this into consideration then the Droid X2 should have a mark up of 100% since its dual core and qHD device as well. You paid $1000 for your Droid X2 and you couldn't even afford an HTC trophy? You claim that you feel Wp7 is a superior OS, more stable and beautiful than Android OS; nonetheless you paid basically $1000 for a device running an OS you don't like? HAHAHA sure thing kid, keep lying on the internet. Then when you get off of gsmarena you can feel sad that you're using a Nokia 5320!

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-19 00:22
  • jAGb

> In reply to The Boy with Red Hat @ 2011-06-18 20:23 from LuNX - click to readThat's contradictory to observed reality. A fellow forum member at another forum had his N8 replaced like 10x and all replacements have the defect. I went to some stores around my area and all 14 N8s from 3 different stores have the defect. What you think is not right because those defective N8s up until the latest batch still have the defect. It's not just the first batch and Nokia can't do anything about it even though they admitted the defect. They are too proud to do a recall.

If there is trully a progress on this issue then those people on Nokia's official forums will be celebrating for having their defective screen fixed. Instead, they are thinking of filing a class action law suit against Nokia for selling N8s with defective screen and for failing to do something about it.

What you are claiming here is contrary to observed reality. You are downplaying the issue and you have no solid proof that the defect affects only a small number of devices.

You are acting how Nokia acted the first time this news about the defect came out. Nokia denied it, banned the person who complained about it and deleted the threads about it. Nokia was in denial and only because of the overwhelming reports from different blogs was Nokia forced to admit and acknowledge the defect. However, they are not doing enough to fix the issue.

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-19 00:07
  • kJX3
  • The Boy with Red Hat
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to Nokia Rules @ 2011-06-18 17:05 from kJX3 - click to readYou are 100% right.

I already go to a Nokia Store here and look over 12 N8 and None has that problem, I have 3 friends with N8 and C7 and either have that.

I believe that was the first line of production. And maybe some people had bad luck in get one :(

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-18 20:23
  • LuNX

> In reply to Nokia Rules @ 2011-06-18 17:05 from kJX3 - click to readIt's not really a problem if most Nokia owners don't notice it?

To actually see it, you have to change the clock to analogue, then look VERY carefully at the clock itself. Mine does have a slight shadow, but in no way does it ruin the screen like people are claiming. You're using it as a stick to beat Nokia with, when there are a lot of other handsets from different manufacturers that exhibit the same fault.

As for build quality, you cite the N97 as an example. :Fail: That phone was released three years ago, and succeeded by the N97 mini. Recent devices have been very robust.

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-18 20:20
  • sXDf

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.