News - Reader comments

Sony Ericsson unveils the Xperia ray, Xperia active and txt

22 June, 2011 | Read the news | Post your comment
Sony Ericsson unveils the Xperia ray, Xperia active and txt  - read the full textSony Ericsson has just unveiled three new additions to its mobile phone portfolio at the Communicasia show in Singapore. We've got the Xperia ray and Xperia active full-touch Android smartphones as well as the QWERTY-packing txt. Sony Ericsson Xperia ray The Sony Ericsson Xperia ray is an old...

 

Sort by:

The sony ericsson xperia active is awsom phone. works easy and very storng and light weight good flash light and lot more and more....................in xperia ACTIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-26 08:53
  • t}AC

> In reply to Patricio @ 2011-07-10 00:06 from MfxH - click to readall u do is down load a app for that so enjoy it

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-06 11:52
  • vxBS

i just want 2 know is active is shock proof on not

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-07 18:58
  • 2@kh

please i have sony ericsson w810, this phone can rec the calls (file type=amr) and the file goes to archive, then i can play like a sound and download to my computer. i need to know if the xperia ray can record a conversation with the person talking on the phone??? this function is very important for me.

  • Reply
  • 2011-07-10 00:06
  • MfxH

> In reply to AWsome @ 2011-06-26 16:39 from KiPn - click to readalso there are no dualcore appz right now man.so you are so right.till icecream,no dual core supremeness

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-27 14:06
  • pUAH

bert nordberg promised a lot of changes around sonyericsson!

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-27 01:29
  • fmPX

> In reply to dunnowhat @ 2011-06-23 01:31 from PS69 - click to read@Dunnowhat: because all Xperia-Android based phones is terrible software made

Hmmm, can you support that statement with facts? I own an android xperia arc and i have no problems whatsoever. It's running silky smooth and no glitch detected. If your point is about OS upgrade then yes, SE should upgrade their old Xperia's OS more often (luckily they're now upgradable to Android 2.1 but I would prefer at least 2.2, if 2.3 is out of reach). Support, that's the keyword, there's no point for SE to go back to Symbian if only Nokia who support it, even Nokia is now turning to Microsoft's WP7.

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-26 17:11
  • KiPn

> In reply to Ian @ 2011-06-24 10:39 from KT@r - click to readGood point, I surely don't want to spend my hard earned money to pay for one extra core when all I want is basic functions of a cellphone. My 1 Ghz single-core Arc is enough for me, it's fast, web browsing and playing games are smooth enough. If you want to play hardcore games don't use cellphone, buy Playstation or Xbox instead.

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-26 16:39
  • KiPn

Ray is prefect for me.love SE.And although some say its not dual core,its good enough for almost any app and game.my bros old x10 can run many apps and my own humble x8 is not bad itself.also screen looks crisp with high resolotion

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-26 08:52
  • pUAH

These phones may look like budget phone but considering that these are from SE it would surely still be pricey for the customers its trying to target and with the specs that it is carrying. i have small hands but 3" touchscreen is just too small to "touch" and maneuver your way around hahaha

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-24 14:51
  • v0q8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-06-24 05:59 from t7$r - click to readThanks for this. By far the most educated and sensible post i have seen on this site for quite some time.

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-24 13:03
  • S37f

> In reply to Customer @ 2011-06-23 21:48 from 2@T9 - click to readyou got a point but not all of the custommers use the full capacity of their cellphones, i saw a lot who has an Iphone4 Samsung Galaxy or Arc, but all they just do was call txt Email pictures Facebook twitter, etc, so where's the flexing muscles of 1ghz of cpu power on those??? the reason why people are buying cellphones are to use it as cellphones, camera wifi facebook games apps are secondary reason, small cheap handheld device still sells and that was the Samsung has, a phone for every one, for every class, not just a phone for tech geeks,, or for first class people,

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-24 10:39
  • KT@r

Why do Sony have to.launch soo many xperia phones... ?? They should name it something else...

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-24 07:44
  • 2S@@

> In reply to Fongy @ 2011-06-23 12:25 from GjjS - click to read
you fail for thinking that way, it isn't that simple.

midrange and high end phones with facebook integration has 3G, people who can buy these phones most probably has money to spend on 3G connection.

the txt pro and other budget phones do not have 3G but also has facebook integration.

why?? think about it. there are people who only has just enough money to be able to buy a budget phone. So do you think they have money to spend on 3G connection? most probably not, in not so wealth countries 3G connection is very expensive. EDGE is enough for mobile facebook sites, tried it, it isn't slow at all, and it has wifi connectivity as a backup anyway.

About the Playstation phone, you are saying none of the above? It has dedicated graphics chip for games and games are optimized for it so there is no need to put super high end processors and GPU because it will only make it expensive and no one will buy it, ever studied engineering economy? cost and quality should always be balanced.

You failed to mention the most important thing in gaming phone, the dedicated buttons and d-pad. No matter how powerful the phone is for gaming it is useless to play on a touchscreen, it will ruin the experience, the buttons for gaming is what the Xplay has and you get to enjoy the games because of it.

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-24 05:59
  • t7$r

> In reply to Ian @ 2011-06-23 08:32 from KT@r - click to readWhat this customer wants is an Xperia arc with a dual core processor to keep up with technology. Where's the god damn Duo?! >.

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-23 21:48
  • 2@T9

> In reply to Ian @ 2011-06-23 08:32 from KT@r - click to readNokia is also on the spot. They too in trouble.

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-23 20:22
  • tVtm

This year is going to the SE's.. wait n watch!!!

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-23 20:07
  • vGWn

i read comments on yahoo's page that said that sony picture and sony ercs will disappear in 2011.. that is ttotally stupid and rubbish.. if its happen then i ll' pay in thing.. it is totally any stupid person's thought who don't know reality..

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-23 18:20
  • uW$1

> In reply to Ian @ 2011-06-23 08:32 from KT@r - click to read i read comments on yahoo's page that said that sony picture and sony ercs will disappear in 2011.. that is ttotally stupid and rubbish.. if its happen then i ll' pay in thing.. it is totally any stupid person's thought who don't know reality..

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-23 18:18
  • uW$1

I especially like the Xperia active.
Nice small form factor, but packed with goodies so you don't feel left out.
It needs to be small because of jogging. You try and have a big brick in your pocket while you're jogging!
Android for every consumer!
This time the sport active consumers.

  • Reply
  • 2011-06-23 15:59
  • 3pw6

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.