johnie, 03 Aug 2011one thing is missing in the new update. I couldn't find anywhere the icon for backup & restoreThey announced in March that the back up and restore option is taken off. Bad news but there are other apps in the market
Does anyone know when the update will be available in Brazil?? I'm still waiting but nothing yet... pc companion is still keep saying that my phone is already updated :-(
anas, 03 Aug 2011In malaysia got update yet?Yes the update for x10 to 2.3 is available via Malaysia SE website. Install via PC companion. Remember to back up your phone books, data and apps. Don use the backup & restore button in the old version, it doesn't work. It wont support the 2.3 version. I did it and i lost my data. Remember to sync your phonebook with google, so you can retrieve it later. Otherwise backup everything to sdcard. Back up apps using astro file manager.
johnie, 03 Aug 2011one thing is missing in the new update. I couldn't find anywhere the icon for backup & restorethe backup and restore option is no longer available in the 2.3. I had the same problem. I backup using the previous method, and when i finished updating to 2.3, i couldn't find the backup&restore button. I found the app using the astro file manager, trying to install the app, it couldn't. Maybe the app doesn't support 2.3. So in the end i lost all the data, calender, sms and others. Got my phonebook back via sync with google.
Tough luck i suppose.
anas, 03 Aug 2011In malaysia got update yet?Yes, x10 2.3 gingerbread is available in Malaysia Sony Ericsson Website. You have to use a PC companion to do the update.
one thing is missing in the new update. I couldn't find anywhere the icon for backup & restore
It is available. I have updated my X10 from 2.1 to 2.3. It gets faster (do not expect any miracle) has better Ul and battery life.
Manish, 01 Aug 2011Still update is not available in India.........update for sony ericsson x10 is available in india you can find them in sonyericsson.com/update
you follow the following steps
1st download the pc companian
2nd install the pc companian
3rd plug the phone and set tick setting as usb debugging
4th click upgrade it will automatic get upgareded (you need internet connection for upgarde)
the phone is performing well on all aspects i just updated on 2/08/2011
Guys guys are u following the right method to update... It's available everywhere now. Check on SE blog.
Ok here's what i've found out.
1. They say 2.3 is 4-5 time faster than 2.1. Well the lag i had on 2.1 is not here.
2. In call volume is the same.
3. UI is similar to ARC etc...
4. FB integration is super
5. New Gallery
6. Timescape have changed it's smoother faster. BUT it does not have the update intervals like 2.1. 2.3 has only 2 options - Manual and Auto. If it's auto battery seems to drain like hell.
7. Battery life - Unable to comment now it self as it's been still a more than 24 hours.
8. App drawer is cool and the colors of the inner menu have changed.
8. I feel it's a bit more responsive. I installed smart keyboard pro, and texting feels goood now than b4.
9. Multitouch or Dual touch whatever u call it is fine.
10. Still i haven't tried tethering, will comment soon on that.
11. Nice little effect when u lock the screen (love it) with click sound.
12. Icons can be filtered or arranged the way we want.
13. Well overall it's smooth, you actually feel the difference when u operate.
Well this is all i can think of...
All the best with ur updates...
Anonymous, 01 Aug 2011Bro's , what about in-call volume ? any difference ?Still the same i guess.
but the UI is completely changed (Obviously :-))
ali afnan, 30 Jul 2011yahoooooooooooooooooo guys i have updated my phone i live in pakistan howahhhhhhhhhhhh :Dhow you have downloaded as im unable to find any update from PC Companian
i'm from indonesia, and i've upgrade my xperia x10 to gingerbread! great job SE!
Any news if its already available in the Philippines? All that's left is to make it multi-touch ^^