News - Reader comments

US Samsung Galaxy S II comes tonight, likely with a larger screen

30 August, 2011 | Read the news | Post your comment
US Samsung Galaxy S II comes tonight, likely with a larger screen  - read the full textYou certainly waited long, our American friends, but your patience will finally be rewarded. Tonight Samsung is going to unveil the US versions of its Galaxy S II smartphone and it appears that it will be even hotter than its European sibling. There's good evidence that the US-bound Super AMOLED...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-30 16:25 from i5BK - click to readSo if it was the same physical size with a smaller screen you would be happy? Say 3.7 inches but the same physical size that would be OK? That it what you are effectively telling me?? I have to admit I find that hard to believe. surely a device with more screen inches but the same physical size is a benefit. I guess you could argue the device may be harder to use on the actual screen possibly, although I find with only 0.2 inches difference hard to believe too. So what exactly is the problem. Sorry but I really just don't get it. If two laptops both had the same weight, physical dimensions, battery life and performance and everything else equal for the sake of argument but one a screen 1 inch bigger than the other that you would buy the smaller one? That is how I see your argument and I must admit it makes no sense to me.

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-31 12:47
  • p%n8

> In reply to Anon @ 2011-08-30 17:13 from 2CRW - click to readLove the reasoned arguements supporting your statements, even if not registered you can leave a name if you believe what you spout..

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-31 00:18
  • FnX4

> In reply to common sense @ 2011-08-30 16:03 from J8p0 - click to readHahaha, you didnt realise that Nokia Rules is purposely being sarcastic? Due to the fact many people constantly complaining in the the 3.5", 3.9" threads that these are "too small"? And if anybody tell them 'if you dont like dont buy it' they get pissed off?
Anyway....4.5", perhaps Americans have larger fingers & bigger pockets to put their phones.

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 17:14
  • IVI8

Please enlighten us about which particular feature of this handset, or indeed any android handset, makes it superior?

Call quality - crap
mail for exchange support - crap
battery life - crap
life of updates: 6-12months
Build quality - cheap plastic
GPS - crap

How ignorant of us to think that NOKIA build better phones. Then again the ability to install dodgy and defective ROM's is extremely appealing.



  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 17:13
  • 2CRW

Is t-mobile US getting it to.

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 17:02
  • ThMx

1.Actually if i can remember , this phone has better battery = 1850 mAh battery.

2.It has NFC while some countries currently shipping galaxy s2 without NFC .

3.it has a better standardized processor for sure , first batch of galaxies were exynos SoC while some using nvidia tegra

4.it has better clockspeed

these are my guesses o0

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 16:54
  • ut3r

> In reply to Nokia Rules @ 2011-08-30 15:46 from kJX3 - click to readI have an N8 too and the picture quality is good. Apart from that the functions are basic and needs a new change. Heard there's a software update. Not too sure if it will change anything. I loved the E series phones but it looked a bit bulky. Therefore I gave up on it.

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 16:47
  • i5BK

> In reply to Love child @ 2011-08-30 15:43 from ftVi - click to readRough translation: Ignore what the haters are saying and just enjoy the advancement and improvements happening in the smartphone industry.

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 16:41
  • kJX3

This is the answer of Samsung for Apple sue lawsuit . If apple thinks they pwned Samsung with that lawsuit , they just fooled themselves . :)

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 16:37
  • 0Uh8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-30 15:36 from p%n8 - click to readnot exactly. 4.3 is already large enough and is classified as a phone. Making it anything bigger should be deemed as a tablet. Its like using an ipad for a phone. Maybe Americans have larger hands so therefore it would be well suited for them.

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 16:25
  • i5BK

Waiting to know when is going to be a available without plan and how musch is going to be.

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 16:23
  • Pc5Q

> In reply to common sense @ 2011-08-30 16:03 from J8p0 - click to readI know. I just made it painfully obvious what Nokia fanboys do. Read around this thread and you'll know it wasn't me who started the "it's too big" complaints but some known Nokia fanboys. I was just making fun of them and took it to the next level and made fanboyism too obvious.

I'm sorry but I have a different sense of humor. If you stick around this site you'll, know that most of my comments are ridiculous and comically flame-bait material. XD

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 16:22
  • kJX3

Can we expect lager screen in europe?

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 16:19
  • p6rd

Curious on the Dimensions of the phone and the Screen Resolution.. hopefully it wont be the same resolution as the 4.3 Model or that will suck .. maybe it will have the 720p ???

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 16:16
  • Ydg}

> In reply to Love child @ 2011-08-30 15:43 from ftVi - click to readyou are just going round im circles using your mind instead of your feet

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 16:12
  • N9WV

4.5"! since apple buy its screen from samsung maybe this is an indication that the next iphone could have a big screen. maybe 4.3" and samsung is trying to put one over apple. am just saying.

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 16:03
  • t7Xi

> In reply to Nokia Rules @ 2011-08-30 15:46 from kJX3 - click to readDo you have any idea how unbelievably childish your comments sound? It's completely ridiculous and based on nothing but fanboyism. This doesn't even have anything to do with the phones anymore.

Some people, like me for example enjoy the comfort a big screen offers. Not only does it look gorgeous but it makes the onscreen keyboard that much comfortable to use. If you don't like a big screen don't buy it.

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 16:03
  • J8p0

Yes 4.3 inch screen is very good. Easy type and read text. Enough, no need bigger or smaller. 3.5 inch is too small. That is why I changed my iphone4 to Galaxy S2 with 4.3 inch screen and love it very much. GS2 is powerful!!!

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 15:48
  • 693L

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-30 15:36 from p%n8 - click to readLike I said, we just want to complain for the sake of complaining. It makes us feel a bit better on our purchase of a device with a smaller screen. If it was Nokia that was using a screen this big then I won't be complaining and I'll be raining them with praises and call it the best screen ever. Until the day Nokia uses 4+ inch screens, we'll be complaining that anything larger than what Nokia uses is too big. We'll hijack news and complain while praising Nokia along the way because we are Nokia fanboys and that's what Nokia fanboys do.

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 15:46
  • kJX3

I really do wonder what will the rest way of doing things since in the times that we live in, rodsle are on longer satisfied with a little unless that little is is according to the taste of their class, so in essence, what this simply means is this: it would worst thing on earth a father can do to a child of his if all this things are subjected to a hard day in court unless we do not listen to it anymore or what do you think that we should do about it.

  • Reply
  • 2011-08-30 15:43
  • ftVi

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.