News - Reader comments

Nokia N8-01 (801?) leaks on video, looks smoking hot

03 September, 2011 | Read the news | Post your comment
Nokia N8-01 (801?) leaks on video, looks smoking hot - read the full textWe just stumbled upon photos of a new Nokia smartphone. The device dubbed to be the Nokia N8's successor, is said to be called N8-01 (though, considering Nokia's new naming policy the Nokia 801 seems more likely) and features a qHD screen. The images come from this Nokia 700 hands-on video,...

 

Sort by:

Wow!!. 280 comments and more coming. This shows that nokia is still love, hated and mostly jealousd by people out there. It just confirms nokia's place as #1 in both sales and popularity around the world. Thums-up nok!!!

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 17:50
  • fsVb

They dont know how to make a "preview" ...just swappin on homescreens is NOT interesting..

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 17:49
  • LL94

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2011-09-05 12:21 from La5T - click to readwhat 'facts' are you talking about? let's highlight some facts for you - do you realize that Samsung and other manufacturers are earning money riding on Google's OS????? you willingly sell your privacy by forcibly signing on to GMail... 2ndly these manufacturers have absolutely no marketing sense - open their respective pages - what is their target market?? confuse buyers by continuously releasing same looking models one after the other??? Nokia has atleast been consistent in understanding the market structure better than these manufacturers... that is the most important thing required in the market - target...

you say that i am a fanatic person - did you read what i wrote in simple English??? i said, "i like Nokia becuase it is simple and gives me the best battery life with a reliable build quality... if other manufacturers gives me this i may consider their product"... these clearly points out to a fact that you are not required by Nokia; please leave before we embarrass you even more... BTW if you don't like Nokia; don't respect it; why are even here????? go to Android land, please...

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 17:20
  • u7Fp

Very nice features and i do indeed think that the segin is pretty the best in line.

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 14:28
  • svk%

> In reply to Sahil omer @ 2011-09-05 07:48 from s8Hv - click to readyou like Symbian because you don't know how to use android?

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 14:20
  • DD0x

If Nokia make a N8 follow up i will be a Nokia owner. My friend has a N( and yhe photos just are amazing compared to my phone. I like also this new one that they call N9.

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 13:43
  • svk%

it looks revolutionary, Nokia will be back, and surprise those who forgot Nokia is the best!

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 13:28
  • 3fYQ

> In reply to aaptk @ 2011-09-05 12:36 from 3LUA - click to readI think that they should change some major things. For example, the Windows Mobile 6.5 is very cool, fantastic. Now the new OS looks like if we are in 2005. It's too simple. I will not buy any WP devices until they will change the Menu, they will add the Bluetooth file transfer, Mass storage mode and so on.

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 13:20
  • La5T

> In reply to aaptk @ 2011-09-05 13:08 from 3LUA - click to readits not even your phone why you getting so offended going on like you own nokia herr..i know i have a crap phone why cant you except that?

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 13:17
  • Nh3n

> In reply to brut23 @ 2011-09-05 12:43 from Nh3n - click to readno you dont
quit trolling

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 13:08
  • 3LUA

> In reply to aaptk @ 2011-09-05 12:32 from 3LUA - click to readi know 3 other ppl who have the same phone with the same problem...is it still just me? or was that just a bad batch? not just mine?

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 12:43
  • Nh3n

> In reply to eagle3 @ 2011-09-05 01:18 from IWbc - click to readhaha i do have samsung omnia i900, i bought it december 2008 and it still work fine like new till today.
so dont make a generic claim that only nokia will last longer than other brand, it is not.
i'd also have 5800xm too and the screen crack because i slept over it but my ipod touch and omnia survive and still in the good shape until today.
if you read almost all gsmarena review or other site review you can really see that almost all manufactures have better built quality this day, even the plasticky sgs survived drop from second floor.
most nokia fansboy outdated on tech news cause they only see nokia and dont wont to listen other news and learn new things.

- durability claim? failed. other brand also have their own durability stories.
- symbian dont need powerful hardware? failed. just watch the new symbian with 1ghz CPU still stuttered running on facebook apps.slickness and fast respond is part of modern UI and increase the usability from an OS, or do you prefer a lagging OS but have nokia name on it?
- symbian is optimized? failed. if symbian optimized nokia will already succeed to overlap iphone or android phone usability and UX from a year ago, but they only can catch up with belle a little bit by copying some of the modern OS UI and BTW symbian is outsourced now.
sammy, moto and SE will not leave symbian if it optimized.
- nokia fans always defend symbian by saying its a mature OS, mature of what? on lag, stuttered or reboot? battery backup? i did my test with my 5800xm vs my friend iphone4 vs my friend optimus one on nonstop browsing and watching movie and nokia 5800xm did not came as the winner here.
- meego is superior OS and super super cool. failed. yes it is so awesome and drop my jaw but it is so awesome and dead too. and by the way no body want to buy something pricy and still they have to work hard just to make the phone usable,thats why linux is not as popular as windows in PC world, because not everybody is a geek, we have different jobs and life to live not only for porting this or that and thats the vision of iOS the OS that kill symbian famous.

i'm not nokia or symbian hater but i think fansboy should be more realistic. the android fans or iOS fans are more realistic with their OS, they criticize google hard and push apple to do more, symbian lover or nokia fans are different they try hard to defend it and thats make nokia comfort and fell from the top.
the morale value is buy your phone by usability, functionality and be logic with your option, dont listen what in the comment section people said because most of them are fansboy and they tend to biased and dont make your decision base on brand,its your hard earn cash and you deserve more.

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 12:42
  • tA$M

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2011-09-05 12:21 from La5T - click to readwp7 is not weak, its just not popular
do you remember what ios or android were like when they started?
wp7, unlike android, is optimized from its core. its made for mobile use from scratch. android is meant for desktop use and is forced onto poor cpu-s that have to cope with it.
ios is for simpletons, the mango update brings more features that ios will ever have.

if its ugly, that's your opinion. i dont like the looks to, but all the eyecandy wears off soon anyway

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 12:36
  • 3LUA

> In reply to brut23 @ 2011-09-05 12:06 from Nh3n - click to readone bad phone does not mean the whole line is faulty

they have a thing called warranty, its there for a reason
all products have faulty units, its common

you've had a bad phone? SO WHAT?!

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 12:32
  • 3LUA

> In reply to anonymouse @ 2011-09-05 12:06 from t}BQ - click to readHow funny you are lol. You can't accept facts. Then be a fanatic person! I don't hate Nokia, but I don't respect them, because they made some huge mistakes. This phone is only a mock up.
At Nokia World, you will see around 2 WP devices, and one with Symbian Belle. The Sea Ray code named device will be announced as well. The main problem is, that WP is still a weak OS! It has an ugly Menu, a classic annoying one.

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 12:21
  • La5T

> In reply to Anon @ 2011-09-05 10:35 from tAJV - click to readomg i want nokia phone with symbian Cindy *drools* n_n

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 12:08
  • v0Xt

> In reply to Decent @ 2011-09-05 10:13 from v{u4 - click to readcome on dude the softwear issue directly relates to the harwear issue...and im not lying lol 2 min ago i tried to make a phone call and da dam thing told me it cant read my sim contacts lol im gona throw this phone against the wall...and how low end must it be for that other dude to except its crap because the way he speaks its like if you buy mid range nokias be prepaird to get a piece of crap so they only look after thier high end phones? so if you dont buy a flagship nokia and pay threw your neck you should just exept the hangs and crashes? what kinda crap is that?

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 12:06
  • Nh3n

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2011-09-05 10:28 from La5T - click to readyou sound even more kiddish now... in your language "if you don't like Nokia; ignore it"... i do not beleive in 'cult' or 'fanboi' culture that is rampant on tech blogs these days... i like Nokia becuase it is simple and gives me the best battery life with a reliable build quality... if other manufacturers gives me this i may consider their product... stop meaningless trolling with your 'wisdom'

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 12:06
  • t}BQ

i dnt knw y nokia is focusing in such lousy devices...y not on megoo? and y not on hardware?

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 11:00
  • waUP

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-09-05 10:41 from UijP - click to readExactly, that is only a mock up, and now Nokia fans are really happy because Nokia has a "cool" unannounced "super" smart phone, with a "super screen", and so on. :)) You will see that on Nokia world, they will announce 3 devices( or 4, and one of them will be a low-end one) 2 WP, one will be the Sea Ray, which is rumored, and they will probably announce a WP with QWERTY as well(remember, that Nokia announced QWERTY devices in 2009, 2010, and because WP is their primary OS, they could make one). The third device will be a Symbian Belle phone, with 3.5 or 4 inch screen, 8 GB of internal storage, or 16 GB.

  • Reply
  • 2011-09-05 10:49
  • La5T

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.