News - Reader comments

iPhone 4S antenna furthers Apple/Samsung patent war

09 October, 2011 | Read the news | Post your comment
iPhone 4S antenna furthers Apple/Samsung patent war - read the full textThe iPhone 4S features a new antenna design, intended to prevent any risk of 'Antennagate' reoccuring, a plight that some iPhone 4 owners will remember all too well. Not only that, the 4S's new dual antennas can automatically switch when sending and receiving information, a trick Apple say is a...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Ashura @ 2011-10-11 20:44 from MA%X - click to readNo. I mean the possibility of technology going hey wire or zombies is more possible then people think. First off if you think about it we are only like advanced living robots with organic parts. It's all controlled by mass ammounts of electrons so technology in theory could really bite back hard. Though I do not really believe this is the A.I. all these fans think it is. Though I have not researched it yet so I'll keep that to myself. All these fans should do the same too XD. Then we can discuss our findings. Haha

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-14 19:15
  • q4Nx

Half duplex to full duplex. Jesus. I can't believe no one think of it before!

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-12 08:11
  • v}2m

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-11 14:39 from mTWD - click to readAmd i the only one who finds that... a bit scary?I mean if thecnology can start thinking for itself and it therefore bound to logic...it sounds like the start of a mchine revolution(or a realy bad sci fi movie)Especialy when you consider it´s military affiliation

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 20:44
  • MA%X

It is like as all other big name in mobile industry and engineers RND and OS, Software’s are stupid and fools in front of Apple

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 18:30
  • KIKJ

> In reply to thefearfulsilence @ 2011-10-11 17:14 from mqTf - click to readbwahahahahaha!lolol

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 18:00
  • 0dT}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-10 14:40 from mTWD - click to readWow..... Or despite the fact android is older and still growing it runs way better and has plenty comparable apps. And with all those comparable they are growing more! Lol. Getting worse? Even IOS isn't getting worse.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 17:47
  • 0dT}

I genuinely like the latest iphone but please Apple, stop being so ridiclous with your claims when announcing new devices.
Can you imagine one of Apple's release events in another ten years or so.....
"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the iCar. I can assure you that it represents a revolution in technology because this one has a steering wheel which is something cars never had before we invented it......" etc etc.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 17:14
  • mqTf

Siri: Artificial Intelligence now on a mobile phone

http://www.smartplanet.com/vid...phone/404674

Watch the video, there is some background on Siri including its military related history with CALO, the largest artificial intelligence project in US history.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 14:45
  • mTWD

> In reply to V!-B @ 2011-10-11 11:45 from iwpJ - click to readNo you are wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siri_(software)

By the way, in a way, that's exactly what I have been saying, Siri does display 'thinking' for itself, when we ask a question such as "Do I need an umbrella today" Try asking any other phone that, and please let me know the answer.

Watch this video again, and see how Scott says "reply that I'll be there", and the iPhone understands who he is talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU2uhG5es2E

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 14:39
  • mTWD

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-11 07:17 from mTWD - click to readman u got the wrong idea. A. I means that the machine can think by itself. Cant u see siri needs commands to work. Its just another freakin voice app. Only thin it do is tak the commands by user and do it. Ok if u say 'can u put a reminder on 4th may' it dont recognize all of the words u say. It only react to som words though som commands.it only react to command 'put', 'reminder' and '4th may' . Theres no different if u say ' idiot iphone put a reminder on 4th may' thats all it can do. But it can recognize more words. And it can reply to it. Thats all it can do. IT DONT THINK. So siri is not artifitial intelligence.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 11:45
  • iwpJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-11 07:17 from mTWD - click to readThat actually gave me an idea. I hope they release a Knight Rider voice pack lol. Would be awesome.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 07:18
  • mTWD

Many still don't understand that Siri is NOT a voice app. It is ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, like Knight Rider in your phone lol (easiest example I could think of).

Please look at the video, and see how Scott changes from SMS, asks Siri his schedule, then tells the phone to reply by SMS without mentioning the name:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU2uhG5es2E

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 07:17
  • mTWD

> In reply to Carphone Guy @ 2011-10-10 16:35 from M3s@ - click to readDude, whatever you are smoking, I want some of that! Android phones for £100 or £50? You obviously don't work in the Crapphone Warehouse as an out of date DHD would set you back £449, Sensation/Sensation XE £449/499 and the GS2 £499! Before you even think of going there, I have the IP4, a GS2, Arc S and Sensation XE so can pretty much afford any phone out there! Go figure!!

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 22:33
  • nED4

> In reply to TechnoFreak @ 2011-10-10 20:43 from mcja - click to readApparently you dont get the point. you never will either. and assumption gets you nowhere

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 21:50
  • 0dT}

> In reply to Carphone Guy @ 2011-10-10 16:35 from M3s@ - click to readYeah, great... the reason why iphones don't get returned is that they got smashed. Honestly, 4 mates all dropped their iphone 4 from pocket height, and the phone was broken... great qulity phone, he?! My HTC has a aluminium unibody design and I have dropped it around 5-6 times, and still looks good...
and if you sell so many samsung/android phones, no wonder that your perceived return rate is higher

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 21:42
  • mvy1

It's strategy of apple when announcing their products: If a certain feature wasn't used before by apple itself, then it's an innovation by apple.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 21:22
  • pTgi

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-10 19:15 from CRm9 - click to readYou just dont seem to get the point" do ya??? Forget it...

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 20:43
  • mcja

> In reply to Outlandmoro @ 2011-10-10 00:10 from m7EC - click to readi agree with you! let apple sue, and don't sue back, just defend yourselves.. save up to really innovate!

btw, come to think about it, i have to admit that iPhones are great! so does Androids, WP7 and others! but i am getting tired of apple with their marketing ploys claiming to be the first or the best, or whatever, and violating patents.. that's not the way to do if you are the most valuable company in the world..

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 20:22
  • CRm9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-10 17:06 from mcja - click to readyes, because Siri was an improvement over voice apps in Android.. "hey, the robots got this, i think we should make one ourselves too! and since we have more programmers and more money, we can have more resources and actually make it better! then we can market it as an innovation! Brilliant, isn't it?"

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 19:15
  • CRm9

I so wanna buy an iphone i feel so left out.Who cares about gaming on a phone for god sake itll be flat in an hour.Console for games.As long as i can email and browse i daont care what badge it has on it and i have owned an iphone.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 18:16
  • M3s@

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.