News - Reader comments

Apple iPhone 4S mania continues: 1M preorders in first 24 hours

10 October, 2011 | Read the news | Post your comment
Apple iPhone 4S mania continues: 1M preorders in first 24 hours  - read the full textNot that we had any doubt of the iPhone 4S market prospects, given that iOS fans had to wait 16 months for an upgrade, but the latest numbers provided by Apple are simply stunning. It turns out that 1 million pre-orders were placed in the first 24 hours after the 4S page went live in the Apple...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Vi-B @ 2011-10-11 11:32 from iwpJ - click to readS2 beats iPhone4S in what??? Please explain...

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 11:36
  • mcja

> In reply to Duel @ 2011-10-11 11:25 from p77p - click to readI've mentioned "What If" in my sentences. I repeat, WHAT IF, Apple increase the screen size of their next iPhone, for example 4 inch or more? Will you still buy it even though it doesn't fit nicely on your hand? or you still buy it because its Apple's brand. be honest.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 11:35
  • PU$J

> In reply to Vißes6 @ 2011-10-11 11:25 from t}BQ - click to readPlus, I take it that you intend to be a holy man, serving others in need around you, and when you apply for a job you say to the interviewer "Pay? hahahaha I don't want any salary, the pleasure of the work is enough to sustain me, give my pay to charity!"

No? Then I don't think you should judge people who work to get rich. lol

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 11:32
  • mTWD

> In reply to yeshua @ 2011-10-11 10:38 from 3JxY - click to readmate, iphone hardware is not the best of all. If we put galaxy s2 fight with iphone 4s onlything that can iphone can beat galaxy is their gpu. In otherthings galaxy s2 is lot more powerfull. But now when we put it with sensation xe iiphone wont hold a chance. Cuz sensation xe is packed with 1.5ghz processor and big 4.3 qhd screen and the beats audio wat can crush any fone. Though galaxy note can take over sensation xe makin iphone 4s nothin but a failure

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 11:32
  • iwpJ

> In reply to Vißes6 @ 2011-10-11 11:25 from t}BQ - click to readOf course, not all doctors are great people. That's the point exactly isn't it? We can't group them all up in one and label them.

How about nurses? Do you know many millionaire nurses? Pilots will be using iPads soon.

Better to just enjoy the tech, chill the hell out, and let people enjoy whatever they want, without judging them.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 11:29
  • mTWD

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-11 11:19 from mTWD - click to readI agree... which is why I know that that most people who go into the medical field go into into only because they get to call themselves doctors and make a lot of money... but that doesnt mean that if they buy an iphone it contributes to society all that does/accomplishes is making Apple richer...

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 11:25
  • t}BQ

> In reply to Max Killian @ 2011-10-11 11:10 from PU$J - click to readhttp://dcurt.is/2011/10/03/3-point-5-inches/

I Don't think apple is going over 4" if it's not good for ergonomic using it just not going to happen, why you think first iPhone came 3,5? don't you think they could make it bigger if they wanted, i'm sure they have thinked this many many times on noticed 3,5" is ideal for average size for people's hand. You can use 3,5" screen perfectly with one hand, that's not possible with galaxy s2.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 11:25
  • p77p

> In reply to [deleted post]The iPhone has contributed a lot to the medical field:

http://mobihealthnews.com/2580...edical-tool/

I dunno about you, but I find that the medical field in general, attracts a lot of good people, who contribute to society, and serve others. Also, it has to attract the intelligent as well.

To stereotype users of any sort of phone, would be an exercise in futility, as it is not just what the phone does that counts, but what one does with the phone.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 11:19
  • mTWD

Some of you may mention that 4 inch screen and above for a phone is too big and iPhone screen is just fit nicely on your hand. Now, what IF, iPhone 5's screen is 4 inch? will you still buy? be honest. I'm sure some of you will BECAUSE its Apple's product! Now you may say that 3.5 - 3.7 inch screen is just perfect for your hand. Next year most (high end/flagship) phones will have 4 inch and above screen.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 11:10
  • PU$J

> In reply to Duel @ 2011-10-11 10:15 from p77p - click to readWell many Android users seem to underestimate the iPhone 4S... They just dont realise the new iPhone is not only about hardware improvement but also softwares... They just say "what is there in 4S? Dual core and 8MP cam? They were there ages ago"... Like their phones have actually utilised the two cores fully... I personally think those powerful specs on Droids are just for show-off...

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 10:48
  • mcja

i used to have an iphone 3Gs. I upgraded it to iphone 4. i will surely upgrade to iphone 4S. there is no question on the durability of iphone products. hardwarewise, it is still the best. going on the software, apple's current IOS is impressive. With the release of IOS5, it will lift apple's name again. The iphone4S specs are great. Even if other mobile phones offer the same 8mp camera, iphone4S offers retina display. The only advantage of s2 or HTC sensation, is its large screen which is not very comfortable enough in the hands. iphone's size is just the right size: it is not small and it is not big.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 10:38
  • 3JxY

> In reply to [deleted post]right? and how that's any different compared galaxy s users buy galaxy s2? (then galaxy s3) :) or nokia users buy new nokia devices. Or htc users buy new htc device.

What was your point? They buy phone which they like to use!

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 10:15
  • p77p

At the moment I have iPhone 4, I think I am not going to upgrade to iPhone 4S because it looks prity the same. It is true that preorders were made people who has iPhone 3G and 3GS

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 10:11
  • MIar

> In reply to [deleted post]People buy this phone because it's newest apple device. Just like samsung galaxy s1 users buy galaxy s2. No difference there, except iPhone going to sell a LOT more because it's not ridiculous huge phone like galaxy s2 or htc sensation etc.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 09:49
  • p77p

Samsung Galaxy S Who?

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 09:40
  • IaxB

i phone 4s is the best phone ever after i phone 4 the best feature is siri you can talk to the phone and with ios5 with 200 new features with 8megapixels camera records 1080p hd video recoding in iphone 4 records only 720p hd video recording

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 09:28
  • vbR}

> In reply to [deleted post]Under powered device? What a joke :)

iPhone 4S is fastest phone out there by far, didnt you read first benchmarks from yesterday? iPhone 4S got almost twice better scores than any phone out in the market, yes very under powered :D these fandroids are so hilarious.

Here is one of the test's http://modmyi.com/content/5518...-scores.html

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 09:17
  • p77u

> In reply to Max Killian @ 2011-10-11 08:34 from PU$J - click to readi had nokia 3310 and also nokia e90 before but the only fun thing about them is to change ringtones

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 09:17
  • uZ9t

impressed they actually changed the hardware aswell as the software, 8mp camera....nice touch. both andriod and apple have certainly stepped up to the plate with the 4s and galaxys2, though i still believe the quality lies with samsung however the warranty and customer service holds with apple.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 08:34
  • yVgU

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-11 08:14 from uZ9t - click to readBasic fun phone? go get Nokia 3310 then, that phone super basic and quite fun phone... =)

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-11 08:34
  • PU$J

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.