News - Reader comments

Samsung mobile division breaks records in Q3, total profit falls

28 October, 2011 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung mobile division breaks records in Q3, total profit falls - read the full textSamsung just posted its Q3 results and reported that its consolidated profits were lower compared to the previous quarter. The conglomerates division brought in a total of KRW 41.27 trillion in revenue ($37.3 billion) and KRW 3.44 trillion of profit ($3.11 billion). The sales are up 3% YoY and...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to prashanth t c @ 2011-11-16 12:30 from 2Z4x - click to readnonsence samsung galaxy s 2 is the best phone i ever had it works fine an its very fast very sweet display on wallpapers screen savers and games dont talk about the web brousing this guy should be firied for bashing down a company he works for online its a greeat phone have very lovely support an great apps so feel free to buy it make sure bye from the factory originally to get the best use out of it later

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-21 20:46
  • jJ6u

hi,im prashanth from banglore as a staff i have sold many samsang phones but everyday im getting bad response from customers that hardware and outlook is not proper opperating is too slow and all displays r waste blurr so please dont bye samsang phones and from past few days im not selling samsang phones ..........sorry samsang but as per my experiance i have been from past 4 years im at this mobile field think before bying ......good bye have nice day ...............

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-16 12:30
  • 2Z4x

> In reply to ss @ 2011-10-30 13:24 from 9FLJ - click to readI agree, I also have heard s.e devices were vulnerable to falls. Especially one's like vivaz, x10 mini , x10 pro...
But I think thats something of the past.

I strongly believe in 2011 and 10, s.e have indeed made the devices better in hardware and software.
Coz I have dropped my bro's xperia mini around 12 times and my cedar countless number of times the least count would be 200 times. My bad, very careless.
I'd say its damn tough than my prev 3500 and 3110.

However Both s.e devices work steady as they were and doesnt got any problems. But my friend's c2-03 touch-type went blacked out at the 7th time that device fell. By the way, He is the one who now own c6-01.

My point is S.E have improved a lot in its vulnerable side and I believe its really bad to stereo-type a whole brand just because some models, none that I have experienced, got problems in the past.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-30 15:23
  • s81u

this is predominantly a mobile phone website, if it's Apple P&L, there will b a lot of hoo-haa about a 20% increase but as it's Samsung, it's a 20% increase but overall Samsung profit drops.... what a great way of posting a company's performance which overall portfolio doesnt only cover mobile phones....

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-30 15:19
  • IV5W

> In reply to Harsh @ 2011-10-30 10:12 from s8Ev - click to readif sony ericsson is much much better than samsung, they should have beaten up the sales of samsung, but se is nowhere to be found on top three. And one thing i've noticed with se phones, they are really vulnerable to destruction. Samsung and nokia devices i've used have great durability - i have dropped them accidentaly countless times but still working fine. But as far as my mates' experiences with sony erc devices, they wear out easily with just plain use of the devices themselves- the keys, the screens, and not a great support on their warranties. And, SE and NOkia phones really have that price that when you put that price when buying samsung phones, you'll really get better features.

it's true that samsung sells because of android. SE, motorola and some other devices out there are also using Android OS, but do you find them coping up with the sales of samsung?
personally, i like samsung as it is. Samsungis like Android simplified, with different choices. You do not have to choose whether black or white.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-30 13:24
  • 9FLJ

Cant understand how nr nokia fanboy boy can say amoled screens are oversaturated.He must love his old nokia antique.Samsung produce some of the best screens in the world and i own one of the tvs.They are truely amazing when set up correctly.I suggest nokia fanboy to come out of the dark ages and try one of the samsung phones you may be surprised and before you say anything i have used nokia for a while but find them old fashioned and the software junk and not fast enough in todays world.I also own an iphine 4 and prefer my gs2 for everyday use as it suits my needs.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-30 10:17
  • 0Fc%

> In reply to Akash @ 2011-10-29 20:56 from U@9x - click to readHave u ever used a SE handset???? If not try it and u'll be addicted to it, because SE handsets are much-much better than Samsung handsets.....

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-30 10:12
  • s8Ev

> In reply to Nokia Fanboy PRO @ 2011-10-29 02:20 from kJX3 - click to readActually not superior... read the news dude.
And who do you think, actually creates the panels for your Nokia? If you say Nokia, than I really start laughing at u...

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-30 08:03
  • 31S2

> In reply to Nokia Fanboy PRO @ 2011-10-29 02:30 from kJX3 - click to readActually i can just go into the options and change the color saturation, so no "Supercurio" needed, he just gave a a different choice and i see nothing bad about it, but you surely do, dont u?

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-30 08:00
  • 31S2

Nokia CBD (Clear Black Display) only can compete with SuperAMOLED level. Which is the first generation of the SuperAMOLED.

Samsung has come out the 2nd and the 3rd generation Super AMOLED. And as well as the HD version of Super AMOLED. 2nd generation will be the "plus" version of super AMOLED. 3rd generation will used in their up coming "Galaxy S3"

Thanks.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-30 06:25
  • tVma

hahaha...so many experts, yet refusing to accept the truth.

Samsung simply OWNs the OLED(AMOLED, super, plus whatever you name it) market. They have most patents, techs and share(90%). Any OLED displays...they got supplied from Samsung and i don't think Samsung ships better displays to their rivals(nokia, se, moto...).

Therefore any OLED displays from Samsung is far superior. That's just a fact, guys.

colour saturation? pfff...so someone thinks that they know more about the displays then the suppliers! what an expert...

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-30 02:27
  • YPb1

> In reply to wreck @ 2011-10-29 13:36 from s815 - click to readgalaxy ace is md-range and no sAMOLED ;)
probably as lower pixel density due to higher screen estate ;)

the problem with c6-01, which I have considered as a solution, is the OS and the hardware, in general. the design is also not so great. its big advantage: compact size!

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-29 21:01
  • 0U6g

> In reply to Nokia Fanboy PRO @ 2011-10-29 02:20 from kJX3 - click to readOh dude u know everythng bt nthing.samsung is best .apple ,sony are only company who are eligble to compare with samsung,not nokia bcz nokia nvr gve software well

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-29 20:56
  • U@9x

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-29 13:26 from 3YbX - click to readppi claims

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-29 20:29
  • svsw

> In reply to Nokia Fanboy PRO @ 2011-10-29 02:30 from kJX3 - click to readMe and my friends compared My bro's xperia mini's LED backlit Lcd bravia engine and one of my buddies c6-01 CBD, xperia mini looks almost same (a little better infact) than c6-01.

However when galaxy ace and c6-01 is compared, c6-01 stands out.

When comparison with galaxy s2's SAMOLED c6-01's CBD is not better. I think samsung super amoled is infact better fanboy. Got better colors, doesnt seem oversaturated.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-29 13:36
  • s815

> In reply to joonius @ 2011-10-29 02:19 from x85M - click to readAgreed. However as per the article these numbers have not been released. Second, it is again blurring the usage of shipped vs sold. Just sensationalist journalism if you ask me.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-29 13:26
  • 3YbX

Good for Samsung. They deserve it. They produce different phones for everyone the poor, the middle class and the richest. In other words, people pick the phone based on what they can afford. I like the idea.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-29 09:46
  • tu6%

what is with all the haters.
let give credit where credit is due. samsung make some fine products. well planed and executed high quality stuff. and obviously people like their stuff so just leave it at that.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-29 07:26
  • QSc0

You do not mention operating profit, like for the previous quarter a mere 3.7% for their telcom business including mobile phones and 13.7% for the last quarter even with the surge in sales. Is this a good business model when Apple margins are well in excess of 50%. So Samsung has to sell 4 times as many phones, say 3 times, just to match to same operating margin. In other words, Samsung is buying market share which is just plain bad business. Why buy a Samsung top spec mobile with top hardware that disguises os inefficiencies, and then find they release another top end mobile a few weeks later, meanwhile the value of your new mobile phone has just dropped by half.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-29 05:39
  • sSW2

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.