News - Reader comments

German court grants Motorola formal injunction against Apple

05 November, 2011 | Read the news | Post your comment
German court grants Motorola formal injunction against Apple - read the full textIn the ongoing patent battle between Motorola and Apple, the latest round went in favor of Motorola, as the German court granted a formal injunction against Apple that could result in Motorola asking to ban Apple products that violate their patents from selling in Europe. Looking at...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-10 17:21 from 3WnW - click to readCant understand why people are so brand motivated, I have worked in a mobile shop now for 6 years, I had nokias when they were at the top of there game and samsungs, Ive had iphones and LG's. The comments posted were biased, iPods don't have anything over a nokia music phone, in fact when the techinical data for the audio capability is looked at the evidence is clear.
I suggest you try using even a 3 year iold nokia music phone with some e-aac files and see which you find better.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-21 20:40
  • 3J4u

The "sue-happy-company" finally got sued and lost. Eat that.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-14 02:04
  • Qxpm

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-10 06:15 from YaDK - click to readTo be honest though.

I happen to enjoy playing awesome games on my iPhone.

I also happen to love the superior music quality (I've had several other handsets from Motorola, Samsung, HTC, Nokia & Blackberry - none of them come close in my opinion).

I'm living in the UK - we don't have an LTE 4G network here yet & will not get one until mid to late 2012 at the earliest (they don't even start trials in one area of the UK until the New year).

By that time I'll be due an upgrade & will look at what 4G has to offer then. If it takes anything like the time 3G took to roll out then I could afford to wait for another contract to expire after that to be honest (3G still isn't rolled out UK wide at the moment - there are several non 3G areas).

as for bluetooth file transfer. I jailbroke my phone (simple process - I just visited jailbreak me.com & hey presto 10 seconds later I was jailbroken). I then had bluetooth file transfer capability. Guess how many times I've used it.... Go on. Have a guess.

Once & it took so long that I ended up sending the file to dropbox & giving the url to the person I was sending it to so they could download it at their leisure. I haven't used it since. It's like condemning a pc for dropping the floppy disk. It's technology that's been superseded in today's connected world.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-10 17:21
  • 3WnW

There is never a UN peace keeping force when you want one.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-10 13:56
  • mxhY

> In reply to - click to read @ 2011-11-10 02:35 from v}7@ - click to readAnd the 4th whine-4g speed. How well does the iohone 4s perform in that test. The 5th whine- mot allowing micro sd card expansion. Enables itunes to cock-block any file you want to put on a device you paid for. 6th whine- lack of bluetoothfile transfer- doesnt allow the user to save on data charges when wanting to exchange photos and other fiies and also allows itunes to cock block your device. Dlna, nfc, and hdmi =7,8,and 9.

Adobe flash is going to be replaced by html 5........but not today or tomorow or anytime soon. If a person does not like flash then guess what.......they can turm it off.

I am also really glad that an iphone has bose quality audio and infinity blade and several other video games that any 9 year old would love. But, what is more vaulable is a cell phone, infiniti blade or 4g? I've never heard anyone complaining about their phones audio quality so Im not sure where you're going with this as such a huge plus. Let me know when an iphone can reach 4g lte speeds like the dozens that currently exist and have existed for a year and then get back to us.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-10 06:15
  • YaDK

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-09 18:01 from YaDK - click to readReally?

Is that why Adobe are dumping mobile Flash?

http://blogs.adobe.com/convers...h-focus.html

It's over, you've had your fun, no more pretending that it works, mobile Flash is DEAD.

RE your second whine.

Best audio quality in business
If you want to have the best possible audio output on your cell phone get an iPhone. The rule has always been as simple as that and the iPhone 4S is no exception to it. The new iOS smartphone did great in both the headphones off and headphones on parts of our test, achieving some pretty great scores and remaining impressively loud all the time.
In the first trial (connected to an active external amplifier), the iPhone 4S performed marvelously, but that's hardly a surprise. Even less talented smartphone musicians can get good scores here, so we couldn't expected anything less than perfect from the iPod descendant.
What really puts the iPhone 4S in a class of its own (not counting its predecessors, of course) is its headphones-on performance. The minor jump in stereo crosstalk is all that our lab equipment was able to detect as the resistance to the line-out port increased. The rest of the readings remained virtually unchanged, rounding up a really impressive performance.

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_...ew-665p5.php

And your 3rd Whine:-

Video calls using Skype, Fring OR others works well over 3G, thank you very much.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-10 02:35
  • v}7@

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-09 10:57 from Jxhe - click to readRubbish, even Adobe know Flash is crap, which is why they will no longer support Mobile Flash.

http://blogs.adobe.com/convers...h-focus.html

Flash on mobiles is a dead man walking.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-10 02:32
  • v}7@

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-08 13:07 from Jxh6 - click to readYes, it will work better, because Bluetooth 4.0 uses less power so your phone battery will last longer.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-10 02:28
  • v}7@

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-09 18:01 from YaDK - click to readStill not interested in flash on my phone to be honest - I can't say I've missed not having it on a phone - If you have it & enjoy it then I'm happy for you.

Believe me - infinity blade & rage HD are awesome to play on the iPhone. You have plenty of room to see all the game play.

I'm not talking about iLuv crappy speakers. Or even crap quality home cinema systems. I'm talking the Arcam rCube - if you're not sure about the quality of Arcam music products then just google it. We're talking seriously good music quality here. For me being a music lover, that is fantastic to have.

I also like the fact that things like Sky Go (an app I use all the time) & many many others all come to iOS way before coming to Android (look how long it took to get the hit game Angry Birds compared to iOS)

I'm not bashing Android - I appreciate it can do lots of good things but the poster I originally replied to said iPhone couldn't do one thing that Android could - I was just pointing out that the iPhone can.

I use my phone as an entertainment device mainly and for me at the time the iPhone was the best option which covered all the bases, where Android as an OS fell short. That's not to say my next phone will necessarily be an iPhone - the Samsung Galaxy Note really catches my eye & maybe when my contract is up I will look at that.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-09 19:04
  • 3WnW

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-09 09:34 from 3WnW - click to readFlash is probably laggy on processors at 1ghz rather than 1.2 or 1.5. Or, laggy when the internet is coming in at 4g. Your Macbook has flash but your iophone cant handle it. Im sure infinity blade is awesome on a 3.5 in screen with your thumbs covering 25% of it. I plug my phone into my home theater system....but you can enjoy your 3rd part iLuv products. Once again, people claiming flash is laggy are still referring to 3 year old reports and not facts today. Believe me, 1.2 ghz dual core and 4g doesnt lag like iphone users wish it did. My video call sometimes lags over 3g.....how does the iphone do?

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-09 18:01
  • YaDK

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-09 09:34 from 3WnW - click to readAll those docks work perfectly well using a male-male 3.5mm jack so whats your point?

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-09 12:36
  • LeS8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-09 09:34 from 3WnW - click to readiPhone has no laggy flash, cuz it has no flash at all...

SGS2 handles Flash excellent, almost like a PC... no lags, smooth and nice.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-09 10:57
  • Jxhe

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-07 18:43 from YaDK - click to readErr watch sky go.....

Play infinity blade.....

Updates ON THE DAY OF RELEASE ( not 6 - 12 months later)

Countless choice of high end audiophile quality speaker docks where you simply slot the phone in and you have a very high quality home entertainment system designed for the purpose. That choice simply isn't close on other platforms. Try getting the B&W zeppelin to work as well on any other phone.

These things may not be important to you. But then laggy flash in my browser isn't important to me.


  • Reply
  • 2011-11-09 09:34
  • 3WnW

> In reply to balthazar @ 2011-11-08 08:46 from KiKa - click to readyes boss u r right if they give all those features they fear that mobile not run smoother

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-08 17:04
  • s8Gg

> In reply to - click to read @ 2011-11-08 09:38 from v}7@ - click to readIt is not stoneage, because Stoneage didnt even have electricity.

And I dont get, why you just cannot admit, that bluetooth is simply the easiest way, to share almost ANY FILE worth of transfering from phone to phone, without any extra app or uneasy ways to create an adhoc network or such stuff... If you would just admit that, than I would start to believe again, to believe, that not all iFans are just interested in the Applelogo and actually care for the device itself.
Look, I use SGS2 and like it a lot, but I dont envy Samsung, I like THIS device, not every device. That is simply based on logic.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-08 13:40
  • Jxh6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-07 13:15 from 3YbX - click to readWe are not desperate to use it, but then tell me why, your iFan partner put bluetooth 4.0 in a light, like iPhone would have somehing very superior with it, if it cannot even be used, like it is originally thought.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-08 13:34
  • Jxh6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-07 13:15 from 3YbX - click to readcrucial... nice word :)

To answer your question:
I know, that iPhone users didnt need it, but then tell me why an iFan will make an iPhone look better, by telling us, "it is the first device that has bluetooth 4.0". See, we just try to explain, that bluetooth 2000 will make no differnece on an iPhone, if u cannot really use the feature it gives to u.

To the Flash issue... Flash is a big part of the internet and without it you are bound to crappy apps, yeah there is an app for everyone, but as an dev, you might wanna just make a website, that uses flash and everything else supports it. It makes people just work longer for the same thing, so iPhone users can feel special, because they have an app, which would not be needed otherwise, just a bookmark.

And the other thing is, pretty much, how the bluetooth talk startet... iPhone has a feature and then it is best, other phones have a way better feature, but iPhone doesnt have it, so it is not needed at all somehow, in the eyes of iFans at least. U see, bluetooth 4 is so special, because iPhone had it first, or tell me why... And thats why we make the flash talk, because Flash is a really big feature. Bluetooth 4 not really, on other devices yeah, but on an iPhone totally useless, they couldve put a bluetooth 2.0 module in it and it wouldve done basically the same thing.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-08 13:31
  • Jxh6

> In reply to - click to read @ 2011-11-07 06:50 from v}7@ - click to readThis is definetly not true. I know a lot of people without a data plan and they have a smartphone. U can still use it for a lot of functions, because there are a lot of wifi spots at college and at home and at the homes of my friends, a data plan is for surfing while sittin in the bus and believe it or not, not everyone needs that, even though I do ;)

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-08 13:18
  • Jxh6

> In reply to - click to read @ 2011-11-07 06:48 from v}7@ - click to readYou simply dont get it... U can use bluetooth everywhere, the rest u are bound to certain places, or how large the file is. It doesn cost monthly and u dont need a cable to connect, get it?

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-08 13:15
  • Jxh6

> In reply to - click to read @ 2011-11-07 00:04 from v}7@ - click to readYeah, I know, but that doesnt really answer what bluetooth 4 is for... Your comment makes it even more useless.

By the way, not everyone has mobile internet. I do, but that is by far not standart to all human beings, that use phones.

  • Reply
  • 2011-11-08 13:10
  • Jxh6

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.