News - Reader comments

Nokia to sell Vertu to fund the smartphone business

08 December, 2011 | Read the news | Post your comment
Nokia to sell Vertu to fund the smartphone business - read the full textNokia is reportedly considering selling its Vertu branch for luxurious smartphones. According to the Financial Times sources, the Finns are hoping to use the money from selling Vertu to fund their smartphone business, which hasn't been doing so well lately. The asking price for company is still...

 

Sort by:

Vertu hardware design is not compatible with WP7.
So sell it...

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 07:29
  • vGnb

Nokia they are not making their parts
They import them from Foxconn
And fool who thinks Nokia provides quality! Yeah right quality in Nokia fans' dreams

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 06:47
  • fqe4

> In reply to samsuck @ 2011-12-08 22:35 from vGq$ - click to readAnd i hope you did realize that recent Nokia phones are using processors over 1Ghz? if it ain't power hungry why are they using such processors?

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 06:26
  • vjvn
  • daisuke white winter
  • Report
  • Rating0

nokia is the best phone manufacturer

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 06:16
  • tugx

It's like watching a chess match. From the very beginning, you just know for sure that in couple of moves, Nokia will be sold to Microsoft for pinuts, I'm only wondering how much time Elop will need, to shrink giant phonemaker until it fits into Microsoft pocket.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 05:35
  • Spx{

> In reply to nik @ 2011-12-08 14:53 from vGCd - click to readhurrraaaay!!

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 05:16
  • PRWV

Wake me up when MicroNokia will start shutting down it's offices and selling it's office furniture.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 05:15
  • Spx{

About time someone got rid of those million-dollar phones.
Do they think rich people have no sense of value, buying anything covered in diamonds and platinum even if it is antiquated hardware?
There's a reason they're RICH you know!

I have a good mind to 'accidentally' bump into someone carrying a vertu and knock it out of their hand.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 04:55
  • tRnj

> In reply to Nokia Sucks @ 2011-12-08 17:00 from q{dG - click to readWow your persistence in trolling nokia is really unbelievable. As if nokia will just roll and die by your persistent trolling get a life man its just phones and people have the right what kind of phone they want to use.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 04:04
  • 9xEK

> In reply to Nokia Sucks @ 2011-12-09 02:49 from q{dG - click to readyou are right,
we are in the same channel,
Nokia paying the price for fooling the customers

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 02:57
  • v}h5

> In reply to samsuck @ 2011-12-08 22:35 from vGq$ - click to readThe low specs of Nokia smartphone does not justify its price. The people are not dumb and they know this. That is why Nokia is losing its customers and that is why Nokia lost its marketshare and gave Samsung the smartphone crown.

There's no other way around this sad truth. Nokia has been fooling people for a long time with their under spec'd devices and people realized that.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 02:49
  • q{dG

> In reply to adkane @ 2011-12-08 22:25 from ib3L - click to readThen move on! What I'm saying here is that Nokia STILL hasn't made a great product that is a certified hit like Samsung's Galaxy S II.

You keep on saying it's outselling the iPhone 4 S well yes, it's outselling the iPhone 4S in the Netherlands because KPN is giving them away for free with a heavily discounted monthly plan. You think that's a victory? I think it's a disaster!

Think about it. Why would a carrier give a new flagship away for free and put a heavy discount on the monthly plan? If the demand is really high then they don't have to do this and people will buy it and even pay good money for it, like the iPhone 4S. But giving it away for free? If it was an old flagship then it's understandable but the Lumia 800 is a new one.

Only a flop will be given away for free. The Palm Pre was also given away for free on a two year contract and look at them now. They are now gone and Nokia is heading the same direction.



  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 02:44
  • q{dG

> In reply to samsuck @ 2011-12-08 22:35 from vGq$ - click to readI totally agree with you a phone is not a super com, however that how people love high spec, which could boost more complicated app in the future,

Nokia have been fooling their customer with cheap spec,
for ages,
however, are you still using a black and white screen Nokia? if not, pls shut your mouth

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 02:36
  • v}h5

Disappointments after disappointments, thats why Nokia loosing their customers,
cheap shit low hardware spec phone with a failure os, and still asking for top price, eg the N8, (chunky and stupid), only fool will buy that handset.
I am sorry, I am not the person who making fun on those Nokia user, it is how the society look at and making fun of those bunch of Nokia user ( specially the N8)...

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 02:30
  • v}h5

Nokia needs to concentrate more on smart phone branches ,
still holding top-1 selling position does not means becoming top profit company.
When compare number/profit ratio ;20 to 25 pieces of lower nokia handsets sale profit is almost equivalent to a single piece of iphone 4s sale profit.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 01:38
  • Xu6a

> In reply to Nokia Sucks @ 2011-12-08 22:07 from q{dG - click to readsamsung is making money cos of all fools like you who'd spend their money on a fone by just looking at its spec. You dont need a super computer to run windows xp. Nokia uses symbian/meego/wp and they are not resourse hungry like ur stupid android. And the cost of a nokia fone...well dats cos of the quality they provide and thats exactly why they've high resale value in developing countries unlike samsung fones which wen sold wouldn't even fetch you half the price you bought it for even if you sell it the next day. nokia is known for their quality builds and samsung will never achieve that. selling vertu is a good move..its instant money, nokia could rake in atleast a couple of billions from this and can use it for improving their models and research instead of hanging on to to a few million profit each year.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-08 22:35
  • vGq$

> In reply to Nokia Sucks @ 2011-12-08 22:07 from q{dG - click to readI getting sick of arguing with you. every single time you will already say something without any proof at all and then advice the others like a messiah. Good day to tou sir. Im moving on

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-08 22:25
  • ib3L

> In reply to adkane @ 2011-12-08 21:36 from ib3F - click to readThe Lumia 800 without the discount is a big rip off. It's too expensive for the features it's offering. Maybe that's the reason why KPN put the Lumia 800 for free- to clear the inventory because no one is buying them.

It's like the HP Touchpad. Its sales were disastrous and then they had the firesale and sales went through the roof. But that doesn't mean success.

Nokia fans should be worried because this is not a good sign. As newly released phone, if it's really on high demand, it will not need to be given away for free and have the monthly discounted like what KPN is doing.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-08 22:07
  • q{dG

> In reply to Nokia Sucks @ 2011-12-08 21:08 from q{dG - click to readIf Netherlands is a small country to you, then you must be an American.

First you said it was too expensive, now you say it is pathetic cause it is too cheap. Mind you that these discounts are not set by nokia. And not everyone buys their devices at full price now days.

And keep in mind that the Nokia lumia is not available in all countries just yet

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-08 21:36
  • ib3F

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.