News - Reader comments

Samsung drops plans to release Value Pack for Galaxy S

04 January, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung drops plans to release Value Pack for Galaxy S - read the full textGalaxy S users waiting for the Value Pack from Samsung are in for a disappointment. A company spokesperson has just confirmed that Samsung has dropped the plans to release the update. As you may know, Samsung initially declined upgrading the popular Galaxy S smartphone to ICS last year,...

 

Sort by:

  • poor galaxy s1 users
  • Report
  • Rating0

Samsung rethinked not to even deliver "Value Pack" of ICe Cream Sandwitch to Galaxy s M110s anycall , i9000 an other galaxy S models because their new devices in market purchase them to get new update sorry we dont have time for development for old devces oh poor galaxy s1 users in comparison other companies are delivering the ICS to same hardware but samsung is still going forward for new development leaving the S1 series customers behind what a demoralization from samsung, We should rethink 50 times for next buy if got dissappointed... Samsung should regret they made hope in consumers and demolisded it with nothing in the end.

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-06 07:07
  • U3xG

i bought this mobile to use it for years but after hearing that samsung is not going to give ics to gt i9000 is really a disappointing news from samsung !

sorry samsung next time im not going to buy any of your product as u dnt care about your own customers .

i hope samsung team have time to read all our comments !

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-22 08:55
  • u1tE

When the latest android update can release? we wont wish the ICS can able to install to Gt-i9000. But please create the alternative OS version for Galaxy S GT-i9000 that have new feature, no bugs, and excellent speed specially the camera. thank you

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-03 14:41
  • t7Rp

the solution is not enough to update the Mobile phone into different model because this is not free for the for the consumer. But ICS is free to update all the time. so Galaxy GT-i9000 is permanent to 2.3.3 gingerbread forever

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-30 05:07
  • t7Rq

i only buy samsung phone because of their hardware and i dont care about ugly samsung touchwiz crap and i root and install custom rom and go launcher on first time of buying

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-26 15:08
  • 3J99

> In reply to Matt @ 2012-01-08 08:47 from sRhG - click to readYeah maybe seven. Just as the GS2 though it came out forever before the 4s will get the next after 4.0 and also maybe the next after that....what's your point??????????
Also 3Gs is already falling out. Im almost for sure the 3G fell out and the 2G is long gone...what is you point??????

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-08 13:45
  • efqq

Sorry everyone I have already stepped ahead of you guys by buying a brand new iPhone 4S and now I'm sure that I'm going to get iOS 6 in the future and maybe iOs 7 too... cool.... hah???

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-08 08:47
  • sRhG

If a custom rom of 4.0 works!!!! what is the problem of doing a original one? BYE BYE SAMSUNG!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-07 02:00
  • ncGX

To be fair the SGS had a good few updates in the time I had mine and I'd still have it now if I hadn''t broken it :(
I got mine August 2010 and it has gone though several updates to make it a brlliant handset. It went from being analomst unusable mess under Eclair 2.1, through Froyo and up to Gingerbread 2.3.5 which made the handset a pleasure to own; so it has certainly been well supported in my experience (UK customer).
It's disappointing to hear it won't get ICS and I don't believe Samsung for one minute when they say it can't run ICS. The hardware is pretty much identical to the Nexus S and there are developers out there already doing a pretty good job of porting it over.
Samsung should be honest and state that it is all about cost and time. They now have bigger fish to fry - sad but true I'm afraid.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 16:06
  • mqTh

> In reply to FaiTCRaH @ 2012-01-06 12:52 from M3}7 - click to readBy buying the best?

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 13:52
  • efwR

and that's the way you buyed future garbage...

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 12:52
  • M3}7

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-06 05:52 from Mfxg - click to readWow such a long and over drawn comment to a post that was not even aiming to upset anyone. All big companies have money in their view. If you don't believe that then you need to rethink it. Some to different degrees, but all.

Yes it sucks that The SGS is not getting the ICS update. It also does not say there won't be any kind of update at all. As stated so many times already...It's one last update and you can rom it anyway. Aside from one update that could lag the average user they have updated it very well. IF you can blame them for that then you can blame all other companies for only offering inferior phones. Though it would be nice if they found a way around it or like TC said to release a fully optimized version for people to use.

So TC's argument for the fact that every other company does do this and is doing this is invalid because he hasn't used the other phones??? How in the world does that even make sense? Which you don't even know that TC has not used any of the listed or similar devices in the first place..

Your last comment completely contradicted itself. Technology gets outdated, yet you expect it to keep getting updated with new technology.???? Duh everything does get out dated. And if you buy a phone and expect that two years later and boat loads of new tech and requirements came out and that your phone is still going to take priority and keep getting everything new then you are ignorant to the real world and to how technology works

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 12:41
  • efwR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-06 01:45 from RNDd - click to readUH. It means a lot actually. And Jack of all trades is very good. Firs off there is no such thing as perfect or flawless in any phone, os, pc, car, game console, or anything. So everything you just stated does not make any sense. As far as Android. It's obviously way more stable then you want to admit. Not being able to connect to a wifi. Either you did something stupid or you have a not so common issue. An un common issue any phone could have. Please don't tell me you are implying Iphone and Ios are buttery smooth. Every phone has issues, every os can crash, every once in a while an app might mess up it happens to all. Anyone who disagrees is a liar or a one in a million. Also just because its a jack of all trades does not mean it masters nothing. they happen to top off in many features and nothing really happens to be the true master at anything per say

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 12:23
  • efwR

> In reply to Matt @ 2012-01-05 06:56 from u0wZ - click to readRight. So Samsung let one update go due to possible average issues after almost two years of good updates so this must mean that every other phone will be stuck at stock or one update...good logic

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 12:12
  • efwR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-05 13:33 from vV5G - click to readTrue. Opinion makes the best. I can change my words to that. But fact is Andriod is the most featured and open os that is the most flexible and most usable and most advanced os. And Galaxy phones are the most tech filled most jack of all trade and most featured phones. you can use a different os or different phone for certain features but nothing can top either in a whole or even in a giant portion

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 12:11
  • efwR

> In reply to RamyRamz69 @ 2012-01-05 13:35 from Hxcg - click to readIm upset by dumb or over exxagerated comments, but not pissed. Also I like Samsung because they are on top this is true, but i am a fanboy of technology. :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 12:09
  • efwR

> In reply to TC @ 2012-01-04 10:25 from 0Tq2 - click to readReading the first half of your comment I completely agree with you and for a moment I thought you knew what you were talking about- the second half shows however that you don't.

The issue here is that ALL Android devices were to be guaranteed updates for a minimun of 18months, yet Samsung has stalled on releasing the ICS update for Galaxy S and Galaxy S Plus with vague promises of a 'value pack' and at the 18 month mark has completely dropped the device for all future updates! Of course buyers are unhappy, when this update was released 2 months ago and they could have reasonably expected their device to be updated. This has nothing to do with 'hardware' and everything to do with MONEY!

Your argument that other companies also do this would be valid if you had of used handsets that this applied to. However the Nokia N97 has been on the market for over 2 and a half years, The Nokia N900 for over 2 years and ALL Symbian Phones released in the last 18 months are being upgraded to either Anna, Belle or Charlie, depending on when they were released. Also the Lumia has only recently been released so i don't see them stopping updates on that anytime soon... Then HTC Desire is almost 2 years old and SE has already said they are going to give ICS update to X10...

At some point all 'new' technology becomes outdated, however the buyer BUYS with the expectation that their device will remain 'current' by being able to be updated through the next release of 'new' technology!

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 05:52
  • Mfxg

> In reply to TC @ 2012-01-05 14:21 from mrGa - click to readYes, agree with that that it can do "more" and it's logical to say because it's open source. But to do more is not a qualified statement to say it's the best. Yes, it maybe can do more but not in efficient, flawless way of doing it. It's just like jack-of-all trades, master of none. I'd rather want an OS that can do the task that are most used in a most efficient and flawless way of doing it, and i won't worry that my device will crash, cannot connect to the basic WiFi connection because i forgot to install some patch, affected by malwares, etc, etc...

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 01:45
  • RNDd

My sgs is running on ics no problem offcourse unofficial ......i want to ask samsung how it: s possible

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-05 22:44
  • HkqX

I dont understand this, they think maybe that they are forcing us to buy a new samsung or new android phone. But now actually I feel forced to buy an iphone next time. At least they dont leave their customers in the middle of the game. And the thing that galaxy S is not capable to run ics is a lie. We all bought this phone because it has hardware that will stay capable for a loong time. so bye samsung.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-05 20:00
  • mVA9

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.