News - Reader comments

Motorola announces stylish MOTOLUXE and rugged DEFY MINI

05 January, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Motorola announces stylish MOTOLUXE and rugged DEFY MINI - read the full textMotorola made its first two announcements for 2012, unveiling the stylish MOTOLUXE and the rugged DEFY MINI smartphones. The two mid-range handsets run Android Gingerbread aim to deliver solid smartphone experience without breaking the bank. Actually, we've already met the Motorola MOTOLUXE,...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to galiakoti @ 2012-01-07 00:32 from iFrZ - click to readThat's just a phone. why you say that?

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-16 12:30
  • vMxI

Why moto makes such low specs phone it's too low for this days ,,, yearly I wont give this kind of mobile to my kids to play

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-07 00:32
  • iFrZ

> In reply to spiderpig @ 2012-01-06 13:45 from sxvC - click to readSo the original Defy can't beat the hell out the whatever Active? How did you know the Defy Mini would cost more than the Active?

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 15:14
  • 2yXT

yea and motorola never update software, xperia already been promised ics, and google own motorola ??? forget styling i know which one i would want oh and better cpu on se

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 15:10
  • Mx@E

whats happening to these big phone companies...
motorola made a low spec'd 4 inch phone in 2012 and a low spec'd defy (the xperia active is better than this because it has 5MP cam, 1GHz chip, and future ICS)
also samsung with their galaxy m, single core in 2012? no other designs? always the same looks as the other galaxies except the nexus

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 13:45
  • sxvC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-06 10:20 from 5i4e - click to readare you going to get a phone for its looks or functionality (hopefully you aren't an Crapple fan)? When I got my GS2 I didn't get it because it looked nice (tbh its not the nicest phone on the market to look at), I got it because it was quicker and better than all the other phones on the market at that time. These two Moto phones both can be beaten by phones for functionality with the phones being about 1/2 years old like the xperia phones. These phones should have came with high res screen, high tech cam and bigger processors to compete in this market. To look at, this phone probably is nicer than the xperia active but whats the point in having a phone that looks good but can't do half the stuff that a 1/2 year old phone could? If your an apple fan this doesn't apply to you because none of you guys see past the logo anyway.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 12:14
  • MVg6

> In reply to NoGoMoto @ 2012-01-05 18:17 from MVg6 - click to readRight, cause the Xperia active is such a treat to look at? It's a ugly little tinker toy. The DEFY is actually quite nice-looking, and it looks much better in reality than in photos.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 10:20
  • 5i4e

2012 and no hd video?

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 10:09
  • n9GF

are they joking? 800Mhz?

well.. at least it got 1GB ROM...

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 07:43
  • vjtw

I have the defy+ and it not exactly a huge phone even for my small hands. I guess the defy mini will be an affordable rugged phone for kids and teens.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 07:34
  • vF4b

moto mini's front looks like htc wildfire

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 07:20
  • MaHY

D reason for moto faliure is lack of advertisments in india,average fones not great ones also they dont have a great customers case services..they dont provide updates and this time processor is d reason

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 07:14
  • PSxp

I think if Motorola don't offer upgrades for DEFY to Gingerbread and ICS and/or unlock the bootloader, will not see many of us again. HTC and Sansung are expecting us.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 05:46
  • 0ZqX

1650mAh battery for 3.2 inch screen phone.
1400mAh for 4 inch screen phone. WTF?

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 04:18
  • utha

> In reply to WaNgSa86 @ 2012-01-06 00:10 from Pvmu - click to readthen u don't need a smartphone.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 03:56
  • PA8c

It was phone for entry level as far as I can see. I see no reason why people would compare it to a top tier device like RAZR. If it priced correctly, it will be a good deal for sure.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 00:58
  • tA$N

Well hopefully they'll have decent cameras - the 5MP on the Defy+ was an absolute disaster and not worthy of being called a camera.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 00:36
  • nG9H

Who cares! I just need a phone that can call and recieve calls. 800 Mhz is ok for a everyday phone usage.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-06 00:10
  • Pvmu

2012 model with 800 Mhz? If more than 200 euro i bet there's hardly a market.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-05 22:48
  • RNDm

Cool!but I'll still prefer the Sony Ericsson's xperia active than Motorola Defy

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-05 20:37
  • t7xW

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.