News - Reader comments

Is Apple planning to soon ship iPhones with quad-core chips?

07 January, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Is Apple planning to soon ship iPhones with quad-core chips? - read the full textSome reliable people have discovered quad-core processor support into the iOS 5.1 beta code. So, we could expect quad-core iPhones and iPads in the near future. Shocker? Of course not. But its good to know Apple is already working on the next big hardware jump. core.0 means single-core,...

 

Sort by:

Xcuse me apple fans please check
Fujitsu has already launched a prototype with quadcore processor with "Android"
And apple is still working
So no need to be so overproud

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-13 16:08
  • vGeh

> In reply to dany @ 2012-01-09 19:29 from px23 - click to readExactly!

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 19:57
  • q8Q8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-09 18:59 from mhPV - click to readvery interesting since more than 90% of people I know plan to buy an android as their next smartphone and a lot of them hate iPhone and said they'll never buy one (because it's an apple product) ... but wait ... the name of the site explain all :) (9to5mac ??? lol)
What lot did they used for statistics? apple users I suppose ...

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 19:29
  • px23

ChangeWave: iPhone steals more than half planned smartphone purchases

http://9to5mac.com/2012/01/09/...e-purchases/

New interesting news and statistics, which again show how well Apple is doing,

Also that customer satisfaction pic itself tells a lot.

Also today apple did a record result in market: http://9to5mac.com/2012/01/09/...-in-on-400b/

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 18:59
  • mhPV

> In reply to z @ 2012-01-06 18:29 from YbM6 - click to readAgreed with u..what people use to operate with 4 cores in just "smart"phone??they will never totally replace the functionality of laptop/desktop..i prefer cash my money on the powerful laptop such as alienware rather than smartphone..just my opinion

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 18:46
  • ibhY

> In reply to Chewy @ 2012-01-09 17:41 from MVg6 - click to read100% agree, well said!

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 18:32
  • mhPV

I find it truley facinating whenever a discussion like this erupts. Purely becuase people get so riled up about the smallest things.

At the end of the day, The Samsung Galaxy S2 and the Apple iPhone 4S are two VERY good smart phones. Which you choose comes down to personal opinion. Some people like the fluidity and ease of iOS, others prefer the customizable and availability of Android. Although they do the same thing, they are two completely different operating sysetms.

This arguement about which is better is pointless. Because no matter what you say, or who you tell, or how you put your point across, there will ALWAYS be some idiot (or clever person) that puts their point accross better, or faster, or louder.

If you have a SGS2, great! Enjoy it, do with it what you want and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Same goes to iPhone users. If this market actually started working together instead of against each other, then maybe we'd get Apple AND Samsung working TOGETHER to develop a better battery technology, which would benefit EVERYONE!

This my phone is better than your phone school yard bollocks, helps no-one.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 17:41
  • MVg6

> In reply to theaffidavit @ 2012-01-09 16:16 from ut3n - click to readYeah I was talking about the OEM/Carriers having access to the source so they can alter it to fit their own bootloaders or UIs (Sense UI and Touchwiz etc). I'm aware that end users don't get full access to the source code.

I have a rooted SGS2 and have a custom ROM running on it atm, I'm waiting for a decent ICS rom to launch then I can see how well it works with Touchwiz.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 17:33
  • MVg6

> In reply to Chewy @ 2012-01-09 15:15 from MVg6 - click to readActually Google licenses those companies to use android for free with some conditions about not to exploit it.

Its free thats why every company uses it in "Correct way" without exploitation.

Android is closed platform to users if u dont know.
Its open only to OEMs and carriers.
which means user cannot alter the source code he has to root the device to make custom tweaks just like iOS (Jailbreak)or Symbian (Debranding).

Why License ? To get activation thats all , Google has ads , Marketplace and many companies like apple (iOS) use google maps for their devices and pay for the usage of their services on their device.

but they dont pay for software itself.

WP is not free though.

iOS is tricky , it is not sold to anyone or given license to use it but its comes with device itself.
Even symbian is same exempting old SE phones.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 16:16
  • ut3n

> In reply to CsioSoft @ 2012-01-09 13:52 from SggC - click to readIt wasnt time for dual core phones, lg optimus x2 came february 2011, iPnone 4 came june 2010!!!. So it was WAY too early, also how they could done that because they get parts from samsung? and samsung came with dual core phone may 2011. iPad 2 with dual core came march 2011, so everyone of those came at least half year later than iPhone 4.

SO that sounds like a mission impossible? don't you think :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 15:55
  • mhPV

> In reply to Jack Sparro @ 2012-01-06 23:19 from QGMH - click to readI was going to read through all these comments before putting my two cent in (interesting read I assure you), but this comment caught my eye, and my inner troll could not resist.

"Android is sold for free to these companies"

Android is open source, that doesn't mean its free. If it was FREE it wouldn't be "sold", selling something insinuates there was an exchange of either good or currency for the software. "these companies" are more likely to pay Google for the rights to use thier OS. Open source makes the code available to all, which means that there is more room for developers to get involved and program apps and games to run on Android. Which is why Android currently has a 50% market share.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 15:15
  • MVg6

Apple is now trying to return lost fame, but if they don't do now, it'll be too late! I don't think they'll succeed because they're not the first who came to that idea..
When they came to idea of faster cpu-s and multitouch, they bacame famous, but after Andriod devices came with much faster procesors and dual cores, they lose their fame! I think iphone 4 was big mistake.. If iphone 4 was dual cored, they wouldn't pass as they did.. Now after Andriod grew, they'll have much more trouble..

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 13:52
  • SggC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-09 11:31 from q8Q8 - click to readWhat would you think would happen if every company can get iOS for free like android? and there's going to be cheap iOS devices too, I would say android would be in big trouble.

Also you didn't say why sgs2 is better? i could say many thing why iPhone is better and i could say many things why android is better, the fact is still everyone have their own needs. you cant say another is better than another, it just your opinion not general.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 12:47
  • mhPV

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-09 11:17 from mhPV - click to readNo. There might be a few things you specifically want that might be easier to obtain with the iphone but that cant change the fact that all in all the gs2 is just a better phone. and if the general public would go by what is the best or whats actually cool better or new then iphone would be nearly as over popular. if people knew what they were getting android would be way more popular...maybe then apple might actually try to invent something.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 11:31
  • q8Q8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-07 16:44 from mB7m - click to readDid you buy your Galaxy Nexus NOW, were you happy to find out that it didn't support flash NOW. How disappointed were you to find out that a fix was being worked on soon not NOW? Flagship android device not supporting flash Ho, Ho, Ho. At least you know what you get with iOS NOW.
NOW Apple license iOS to the other Manufacturers to shut up these Android fan boys!

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 11:28
  • 3AxW

> In reply to nick @ 2012-01-09 00:53 from xjJZ - click to read"The SGS2 is a much better phone. period"

How you define better phone? it's impossible, everyone has their needs people don't want same.

I think it's much easier compare android phones, than android phone vs iPhone. Because phones nowdays are so much more than what they do out of the box. Without appstores things would be very different.

For example if i want this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56vl7YEtyG8

IPhone is so much better for me, because all the features and openess what android can provide it's not helping me to get this :) actually it makes it a lot harder.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 11:17
  • mhPV

the news will go: the first quad core phone!

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 10:57
  • mAM0

sure thing. the only thing that gets better in the iPhones hardware is the cam and the processor.
and next time, cause apple has no more ideas, new things will be:
- new design
- again new processor

and those two things will make the new iPhone, "the best iPhone ever released".

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 10:10
  • Stkd

I use and love apple products because of its simplicity and easiness to use... Android os is a great OS but its complexity sucks... and by the way I still prefer useful apps from apple rather than useless apps from android...

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 09:37
  • J9N1

> In reply to Denzo @ 2012-01-08 19:21 from 2CFq - click to readAre you loading full flash on the GS2 while only loading the light crap on the 4s?? Also yeah if you have a crapple lacking in everything while GS2 that is much more featured and is starting to multitask many things there is a lot more of demand on the system resources...something IOS is incapable of. Before you start multi tasking and adding tons of features to Android you just can't do with IOS the GS2 is just as any bit smooth as a 4s. Not to mention the fact that the GS2 is just all around heavily a better and more featured phone than the 4s. The 4s just has a slightly more powerfull gpu since they purposely waited so long...about 6 months or so...in order to release it just to try and beat the S2..whcich they still failed anyway.

I also seem to recall a video browser test between the two phones where the speeds were practically similar... meanwhile the 4s came out slightly on top while everyone was just on and on about how the 4s blew the GS2 out of the water which was exaggeration to the extreme. Also the fact if you looked at the notification bar the GS2 was running like 3 or four background tasks and still just barely...barley came in behind...also while loading full flash.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 05:00
  • eeRS

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.