News - Reader comments

Samsung Galaxy S 'Value Pack' firmware leaks

07 January, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung Galaxy S 'Value Pack' firmware leaks - read the full textA few days ago we heard from Samsung that they have dropped plans to release the 'Value Pack' update to Galaxy S owners, which was supposed to improve performance and add features found in Ice Cream Sandwich. The reason for this stated by Samsung was hardware limitations of the device. Now,...

 

Sort by:

I think Samsung should re-think what are the loss for them if they don’t release an official ICS or ICS Value pack edition for Galaxy S my opinion is that users might get disappointed and my avoid future purchases. Samsung if you really want aggressive selling’s for 2012 commit to your promise.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-13 11:17
  • PSdk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-11 08:34 from mCi0 - click to readWhat are you getting at? I already went through that and post that link.
The tool sucks?
Which one you like or are bashing?

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-11 12:25
  • efrS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-11 07:01 from mCi0 - click to readOk??? So you sarcastically like SE or are you bashing them? SE does pretty good, just not the best.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-11 07:06
  • q8Q8

> In reply to Darkangels6sic6 @ 2012-01-10 06:01 from eeMf - click to readWOW! that's amazing tool from gsmarena.SE camera is the WORST camera in the mobile phones,I didn't know that.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-11 07:01
  • mCi0

> In reply to slurpy @ 2012-01-09 18:31 from MVg6 - click to readu r right! samsung strategy is with machine gun whereas apple with nuclear bomb. i learn my lesson well.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 13:59
  • ib1y

> In reply to RamyRamz69 @ 2012-01-09 13:15 from Hxcg - click to readdear Ramyramzy,please be quiet and play with you stupid SE phone.if I want to take pictures i will go buy professional camera! do SE gives you money for this comments? do they employ more poeple? I'll come and write Bull... for them!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 09:30
  • mCi0

> In reply to ali @ 2012-01-09 15:34 from uWxS - click to readyeah amoled can do anything an lcd can and more and do it better

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 06:02
  • eeMf

> In reply to RamyRamz69 @ 2012-01-09 13:20 from Hxcg - click to readWow. You are just a troll bashing to no end. I never questioned SE's quality or anything. You are just taking this to extremes. Lol
Here is a link for you two.
http://www.gsmarena.com/piccmp...dPhone3=2683
All your link proves is that the Pixon12 still took finer detailed pictures with overall better quality. Each had some ups and downs. The Pixon12 had some more features and the Satio had a few, but lacked some and used glitter as they put. Though they said the Satio functioned a little better for some things.

They used Samsung because they are the leader in mobile technology and innovation. And the Amoleds only help that point. Yes SE is a little prettier, but just not nearly as advanced.
Yes Amoleds are bright, but nobody said they were the brightest or that's what makes them good. Overall they are better. Better contrast, the only screens capable of displaying black, thinner and then even thinner by not needing a back light, generally less power consuming, best viewing angels, pretty with the option to level out more if you don't like slightly better colors, not washed out like a lot of lcds, and yes when using white they use more power. Also they are capable of much higher response times..like 0.01ms I believe. And they are much better in sunlight. Partially due to good anti glare in the glass and the infinite contrasts that lcd cannot achieve.
Nobody ever said that Samsung or SE had the best call quality in the world. Nor that they didn't and my Samsung has way better cam and call quality then my SE did. and is just better.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 06:01
  • eeMf

> In reply to RamyRamz69 @ 2012-01-09 13:15 from Hxcg - click to readSo I'm the 12 year old, but to your logic anyone who invents something yet doesn't release it worldwide means they were not the first to release it. Wow...... Next Yes...first to release is first to release. World's first is world's first weither everyone gets it or not. You are trying to use any excuse in the book to make your point. Announcing something first does not mean you made, had the idea, or are going to release it first. I never said that SE had bad cams. In fact I'm pretty sure I did mention points it had good and that it was good....Yet here you are bashing to no end. Se had good cams, but Nokia and Samsung has better ones.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 05:51
  • eeMf

> In reply to My Opinion @ 2012-01-09 13:30 from 3Jn} - click to read??? And OS on Nokia95 is Win xp maybe? It also have symbian,so... And another thing is that even Samsung S is old now(and without flash light),so it can't be case for camera quality.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 21:50
  • nxEL

> In reply to kpc @ 2012-01-09 16:47 from ib6b - click to readIf samsung released as many phones as apple within the past 4 years they would have more time to create updates for the Galaxy S. However, Samsung release phones a lot more than Apple and not at the high prices either and they cover every part of the market from low-end to high-end gadgets. Meaning less time on improving old tech and more time on producing better tech phones. Samsung will probably release a new phone which is similar to the Galaxy S but newer so it can run on ICS smoothly. Where as with Apple you have to wait a YEAR! if not longer to see their new tech and even then its about 6 months old (dual core smartphone released 6 months after Samsung and HTC released a dual core smartphone)

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 18:31
  • MVg6

> In reply to GRV @ 2012-01-09 14:24 from U26A - click to readthts right! since they have copied 80/90/100% of apple design, y not copy their upgrade policy as well? oh...samsung is wise, they just copy the easy/benefit portion, and ignore that troublesome after sale portion. what to do, they r standing high up partying, forgot about their customer who bring them to the top spot!

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 16:47
  • ib6b

> In reply to ali @ 2012-01-09 15:34 from uWxS - click to readsee, this is how useless deabate started.. in order to claim one is better then the other you have to put it in an exact category which everyone can relate.. not based on some biased called "taste".. if you were saying that retina display have a better resolution then no one will deny that fact for it was a fact indeed.. if you solely rely on your likes and dislikes,, we all know how your opinion will going to be..

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 16:23
  • KiJG

people who think that uper amoled is better then reality display ,i surely say that they are totaly wrong.copare tjhem side by side and you see the difrence.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 15:34
  • uWxS

2 years of update support from Samsung = 4 years of support from Apple (eg: iPhone 3GS)

Samsung would worry about their future products if they can't support their old products with compatible hardware (i am pointing to Galaxy S)!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 14:24
  • U26A

@tron
Apple used to get all their parts from Samsung until the big court case when Samsung stopped supplying apple with certain hardwares
I have a Samsung galaxy s (just the first one) which has a 5 megapixel camera and the picture quality is so much better than that of the iPhone 4s which has an 8megapixel camera (supplied by sony) so I'm afraid that you would be wrong Sony camera quality is not as good as samsungs

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 13:50
  • 39xd

> In reply to RamyRamz69 @ 2012-01-09 13:15 from Hxcg - click to readWhile I agree that the cyber shot range were good camera phones but the satio only really worked as a camera, not a smartphone, symbian was the reason for the unreliability.
The camera on the N95 is still one of the best i've ever used and it worked as a smartphone as well. Only recently changed my 95.
Have a SGS now and am happy with it, I don't know why everyone is so worked up about this ICS thing, if it doesn't get updated it wont stop working.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 13:30
  • 3Jn}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-09 04:16 from eeK% - click to readOh btw, MR.Troll, http://www.gsmarena.com/12mp_s...ew-406p7.php :)


And @ the other guy saying why is Google releasing their phones with Samsung, the answer is simple:

AMOLED. Somehow people think that AMOLED is the brightest screen in the market which is infact wrong. The S-LCD/LED is the brightest screen on the market.

Apart from that, no one would ever prefer Samsung over SE designs, no one would ever prefer Samsung cameras over SE camera and certainly no one one would prefer Samsung's crappy call quality over Sony Ericsson(Ericsson is the biggest telecommunication company in the whole world)call quality :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 13:20
  • Hxcg

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-09 04:16 from eeK% - click to readSo basically you're saying that Samsung's phone is the world's first even though it was not released worldwide? Wow, the quality should've been quiet a fail then. I don't really care about Korea, I care worldwide. The Samsung M8910's reference is only from GSM Arena, and apart from that you're telling me that if for example, BMW announced the first car in the whole world, but Mercedes released their car first, that means they're the first people to invent/make one? LOL. Seriously, you're a 12 year old. The way you type, troll, be a fanboy. And again, why do most of the people know that SE has supreb image quality? Because of their famous cyber shot and satio phones. Why does no one care/know about the Samsung photography phones? Because it probably sucked :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-09 13:15
  • Hxcg

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.