News - Reader comments

LTE-packing Nokia Lumia 900 is finally official, exclusive to AT&T

09 January, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
LTE-packing Nokia Lumia 900 is finally official, exclusive to AT&T - read the full textJust as expected, Nokia used their CES 2012 press conference to announce their latest Windows Phone smartphone the Nokia Lumia 900. Coming with LTE connectivity and a 4.3 ClearBlack AMOLED, the Lumia 900 is going to be an AT&T exclusive at launch. Nokia Lumia 900 official...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to GS @ 2012-01-10 09:32 from MY4V - click to readYou haven't seen any cars lately, have you? You haven't seen any HTC models lately, have you? You haven't seen any Apple products lately, have you?

Wonder how one can live without noticing these things...

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 18:55
  • niF7

why is it that no wp7 phones has higher resolution than wvga (800x480)? it can't be that wp7 doesn't support higher because that would be pathetic.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 18:28
  • iJtZ

it would have been cool if Nokia lumia 800 was on T-mobile and lumia 900 was on AT&T. but Nokia wants to be like IPhone too much. What else are they going to copy?? They are following Apples footsteps to the letter. But being on the same network as iphone, and priced closely the same, good luck.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 18:19
  • qRj1

Windows Phone sucks.
You can't even turn off Haptic Feedback or Auto-rotation. Let alone force close a frozen application. Pathetic OS. Hope it dies.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 16:57
  • SnDQ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-10 15:33 from keqR - click to read800 was never expected to compete with iphone or sgs2 , but to gather necessary mömentum for 2012 , unlike n8 which was expectèd to sell say 5 million in 2- 3 months (just estimating the fig)

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 16:20
  • 7tLE

someone share Symbian^3 BootLoader Source Code go search it.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 16:05
  • PRW@

> In reply to thefraggot @ 2012-01-10 14:13 from KFNx - click to readActually it was sold only good in the Netherlands, KPN carrier, else where it flopped, even in the UK where they were giving a free xbox 360 away with the phone it flopped. In Singapore it sold relatively bad as well and they were giving away free xbox kinects with the purchase there. No one expected it to sell well? What makes you say this? Nokia releases phones to sell, they don't want to release flops.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 15:33
  • keqR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-10 14:51 from mhPV - click to readit depend on what u like. Ios has quality apps whereas wp7 has a long way to go . Windows has hardware edge since nokia has joined them, also price is likely to be less than iphone in most parts of the world. So make ur choice

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 14:59
  • KFNx

I'm thinking to buy new smartphone, it's iPhone 4S or WP7, i just cant think any reason why i want WP7 except it's new and fresh. What is the reason to buy WP7 phone, because both of those are closed and limited OS. What WP7 has better than iPhone, which is useful.

Please no pointless fanboy war!

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 14:51
  • mhPV

Lumia 800 has been for sale only in a few countries so far. The real volyme is seen only when it is available in most countries and actually in stock. Really high volymes cannot be expected when the product availability has been so limited.

It is a good phone!

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 14:45
  • E1uq

i was hoping nokia's next windows phone would top the n8's camera because i dont want the next good camera phone to be running on symbian,i have been using symbian for years but the os is behind the times now and its time to move on from symbian

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 14:27
  • pJkT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-10 13:56 from keqR - click to readcome on ,no one expected lumia 800 to sell in many millions. But it is well recieved in many parts of europe n also the response in india is good. The only thing missed was the FFC ,n nw its there in 900

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 14:13
  • KFNx

> In reply to bongbong @ 2012-01-10 13:39 from wc7e - click to readThe Lumia 900 being the same device aside from larger screen, larger battery to accommodate the LTE chip, and the front facing camera is exactly identical to the Lumia 800. The Lumia 800 was not very well received, also the initial release of any device is a very good indication of it's popularity. If it sold very well(iphone 4S, Galaxy S II) then the device will keep selling, if it sold bad(lumia 800) its a pretty clear indication of how much no one cares about the device.

Also Samsung isn't reliant on WP7, they make solid WP7 devices, but their devices are no where near their Android line as Android more favored.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 13:56
  • keqR

to all Nokia haters...It's been just 3 months since Nokia WP7.....

this is not the flagship WP7 phone. The lumia phones are just introductory WP7 phones of Nokia.

Buy WP7 phone from other manufacturers...They have been making it for almost a year now..Samsung, HTC etc...


WHERE are Samsung's High-End WP7 phone if they are making WP7 phones?

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 13:39
  • wc7e

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-10 12:37 from Pv9c - click to readlet the samples come out then we can decide. But u have to agree that MP doest nt refer to the quality of the pic

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 13:01
  • KFNy

> In reply to thefraggot @ 2012-01-10 11:40 from 7txP - click to readif camera is the same a lumia 800, the camera is worse than the nokia n9

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 12:37
  • Pv9c

> In reply to nokia @ 2012-01-10 09:56 from f3QP - click to readThats quite a lie saying South Africa and Finland are "non-major"countrys,,as everyone keeps saying everything DOES NOT revolve around the USA.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 11:59
  • nGp@

> In reply to nokia @ 2012-01-10 09:56 from f3QP - click to readbug off, south africa aint a non major country

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 11:47
  • NhMx

The exclusivity offered AT&T will only be to launch the product in USA markets. And in some cases, exclusivity can be for a week or months. Why limit yourself to just one market? In time this will reach all markets and providers.
From the initial launch, this seem a good - very good model which i'd now almost consider buying as an upgrade from my N8.
I like the fact that it has more screen estate than the Lumia 800, which I think you need on WP7. The upped battery looks a shot in the right direction. Look forward to the reviews to and availablity to the UK market.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 11:43
  • m1}j

> In reply to Fruitcake @ 2012-01-10 09:34 from LhR1 - click to readIts camera is better ,the same one used in n9 , n MP shows only the area of a picture taken n has nthing to do with the quality

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 11:40
  • 7txP

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.