News - Reader comments

Fujitsu showcases quad-core Tegra 3 smartphone at CES

10 January, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Fujitsu showcases quad-core Tegra 3 smartphone at CES - read the full textUnlike what we thought before, Fujitsu didn't just have the ultra thin Arrows F-078 and the ES IS12F to display at the CES. In fact they had something really special to show us. A quad-core Android smartphone running on Ice Cream Sandwich. The phone currently is just a prototype and the...

 

Sort by:

its obvious the problem is the architecture of the phone. they make these handsets so thin they dont leave much space for the battery. so you end up with a 1500 mAh. or similar. so running a quad core cpu, you going at least a 2500 mAh. to be sensible now that just will not fit in a handset. companies need to redesign the types of battery. to produce higher output and thinner, tough one that will be.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-11 10:48
  • mqMt

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-10 10:21 from keqR - click to readDon't insult Nokia fanboys, please!! True Nokia fanboys use the N9 running Meego Harmattan. Yes, it was killed by Nokia's CEO, thatnidiot Elop, but doesn't change the fact that it's a fantastic interface.

Lumia buyers are Microsoft fanboys, not Nokia fanboys. Please get it right. All true Nokia fans HATE WinPhone and the Lumia. To us, Nokia died the moment it signed a contract to become a MS oem.

Coincidentally, Lumia mean whore (in Spanish, I think). Perfect name for the new model range, since Nokia betrayed its open source roots and whored itsaelf out to Microsoft.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-11 06:11
  • IW1B

> In reply to euzair @ 2012-01-10 13:20 from NvY9 - click to readI don't think they have large format camera-phones for Schneider to put their sensors and lenses into .... yet.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-11 06:05
  • IW1B

love people that paste their own opinions as facts.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-11 00:36
  • y6A9

> In reply to Mr. Best @ 2012-01-10 18:58 from LKpf - click to readSorry buddy but I get a day and a half from my Galaxy Nexus! What's up with that? Luck??

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 23:39
  • nGrL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-10 11:08 from keqR - click to readI acknowledge your point. Now I own a Galaxy Nexus and I'll tell you the battery life sucks; before I owned an SGS2 and the same problem occurred. When I compared it with my Vibrant that I had before them both I experienced better battery life by comparison not with phone calls only but also gaming, social networking and the like. So my comment was based on experience as well.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 18:58
  • LKpf

> In reply to Ted @ 2012-01-10 13:19 from IaHa - click to readGo back to your cave is a valid point? Are you serious?

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 18:48
  • LKpf

Eventually, all high end phones will be 4cores. Even if people dont need them they will be purchase to play angry birds

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 18:16
  • xZs}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-01-10 11:08 from keqR - click to readTrue, as it is in thr pc world. Multiple cores can do the same work with less energy

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 17:51
  • ef$n

> In reply to thefraggot @ 2012-01-10 16:56 from 7tLE - click to readThe only difference is the Architecture of the processors. it's like comparing an Atom processor to a Centrino processor.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 17:32
  • jbM{

we do nt need quad core processors to run crysis , battlefield 3 , mw 3 etc , dual core is gud enough . And here we have phones having quad cores , to run 'angry birds' ! Also it is used to mislead the consumers..

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 16:56
  • 7tLE

> In reply to Ex-No-More-please @ 2012-01-10 14:22 from TjX6 - click to readErrr... Apple Iphone 4s 8mp camera is using Sony's technology. Don't you know it yet?

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 16:01
  • u7m1

Remember, as the article says, this is a prototype and the actual released phone may be different.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 14:22
  • MVg6

> In reply to Kalun @ 2012-01-10 10:34 from u7ma - click to readSony's cam sensor being world leader? What does make you think so?
Certainly not the samples provided by gsmarena, if compared to what Samsung or Apple offer.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 14:22
  • TjX6

Sounds cool. I hope they release it in the UK. Samsung and Apple are great but we need some meaty competition to push things even further.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 14:18
  • mqTh

> In reply to Kalun @ 2012-01-10 10:34 from u7ma - click to readCanon uses its own developed cmos censor, but Nikon does use Sony censor.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 13:36
  • uRC4

> In reply to Kalun @ 2012-01-10 10:34 from u7ma - click to readFake, CMOS exmoR sensor was invented by Sony but CMOS logic circuit was invented by Frank Wanlass in 1963.
And the best camera sensors are Schneider Kreuznach not Sony.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 13:20
  • NvY9

> In reply to Mr. Best @ 2012-01-10 10:23 from LKpf - click to readWhat's your counter point? Have you any evidence that quad core will be a battery eater? If not, he has a valid point.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 13:19
  • IaHa

> In reply to Striker @ 2012-01-10 12:32 from 0EVJ - click to readHahaha... Leave this if you are an Android hater.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 12:35
  • Lax6

Another crappy Handroid - a good example of nice hardware and bad software.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-10 12:32
  • 0EVJ

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.