News - Reader comments

HTC to unveil its first quad-core smartphone on February 26?

19 January, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
HTC to unveil its first quad-core smartphone on February 26? - read the full textWe just got an invitation for the next major HTC event and it will take place on February 26. This means that the Taiwanese manufacturer will change its usual policy and will announce its new smartphones the day before the MWC starts, rather than at the event itself. Perhaps HTC really has...

 

Sort by:

This is Htc Edge

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-23 17:08
  • KIh6

xe nd xl are wrong this is Htc Edge..

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-23 16:27
  • KIhx

best phone ever so far to date, Sensation XE

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-23 02:00
  • PPXQ

> In reply to Bill @ 2012-01-22 23:25 from 3J6d - click to readUnfortunately you will find people more against *than* for

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-22 23:28
  • 3J6d

> In reply to Generic Passerby @ 2012-01-22 16:45 from qbh6 - click to readUnfortunately you will find people more against that for, they have a luddite mentality because as I said, gsmarena is home to the old skool fanbase of Nokia and Sony Ericsson before either adapted WP7 and Android and when both were or still are on Symbian. My point is for because you need to hear both sides of the argument, and not one side where people who are late adapters want to hold us down. Hence my reasoned argument, not a fist fight my friend.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-22 23:25
  • 3J6d

Looking at this, I can't wait to see the new quad lineup. I'm literally able to upgrade my phone, but tempted to wait a month to find out! O_O

And to all those arguing over this and that, please refrain from commenting here, and switch to direct email, or a fist fight, cause honestly, it's rather boring to see repeat people having issues. Thanks.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-22 16:45
  • qbh6

> In reply to Shutz @ 2012-01-21 18:01 from q{Zk - click to readyeah your right.....NOT! You must be a Nokia or iphone user who can do anything about your phone except for SMS messaging, call, and occasional internet browsing. And oh, some Angry Birds moments too.

Too bad not all people behave and maximize their phone like you. There are power-users and there are people who can afford. And you cannot stop nor delay progress and technological advancement.If you don't like it, or obviously if you can't afford it, don't buy it period. Nobody needs your crappy opinion. return to the cave where you belong.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-22 03:49
  • t7D@

Krait maybe? :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-21 23:16
  • 3mmb

> In reply to Shutz @ 2012-01-21 18:01 from q{Zk - click to readWhat is your argument against? your comment reeks of communism and i'd rather this world be rid of egomanical dictators like you instructing what and what not we can use and be labelled egomaniacs. it is you that is the maniac if you want to impose a backward thinking notion on the free thinking world and not allowing technology to advance or emerge.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-21 20:19
  • 3J6d

> In reply to Top Duck @ 2012-01-21 02:20 from mf3I - click to readThere is nothing wrong about HTC Sence. Even better in Sence/ICS combo that will come. I got Sensation and it works great, and waiting to put my fingers on ICS update...

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-21 18:27
  • 3qyd

The needed limit for smart phone power on this planet in my opinion is sgs2 preferably the lte version , any thing beyond that is a waist of everything , waist of all kind of resources , truly no body needs more than the dual 1.5 ghz on a cell , except ego maniacs .

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-21 18:01
  • q{Zk

> In reply to mjm @ 2012-01-21 02:05 from U{UW - click to readCome back when you have formulated a valid argument, if not, you're not worth half my time.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-21 14:04
  • 3J6d

if you like quadcore, buy it. if you dont, then dont buy it, as simple as that, stop whining! you're not obliged to buy!

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-21 05:52
  • UD}w

Looks like a fantastic phone - except that it will come with HTC Sense. On the other hand, a phone with stock Android 4.0 would be great.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-21 02:20
  • mf3I

> In reply to Bill @ 2012-01-20 23:20 from 3J6d - click to readRelax dude.. World is not not going to end in 2012. And your word 'late' sounds hilarious..

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-21 02:05
  • U{UW

> In reply to thefraggot @ 2012-01-20 22:04 from KFNx - click to readOh by the way, colour screens were called a gimmick a decade ago when the Ericsson T68 came and those same people who called that phone a gimmick are now using Androids/IOS's and Blackberrys in thier masses, Irony much?

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-20 23:40
  • 3J6d

> In reply to thefraggot @ 2012-01-20 22:04 from KFNx - click to readI agree with you on the battery front, we should be less reliant on chargers. I believe Nokia did thier research into Solar charging but came back and said, ''It'll never work''.

As far as quad core goes, that's your opinion but rest assured, it's where the industry is going with gaming and more strenuous apps and websites along with multi tasking and faster downloads of Mbps , especially with LTE (4G) being rolled out in the next three years. People simply don't read Texts or make calls with thier phones anymore, forgive me for generalising but that is what a Nokia fanatic would say. If Quad Core is a gimmick, tell me why Windows Phone feels the need upgrading to dual core this year with Apollo.

The problem with Nokia (a poor example), is that they play it safe and have done so after the N95. They didn't take the Iphone seriously, didn't take Android seriously, cooked a half baked N900 that had potential but invested into Symbian saying that was thier choice of OS only to now go back on thier word and have MS as thier choice of platform and ditch Symbian after 2016, with most now out of a job. Nokia have had numerous chances to capitalise on thier growth but what have they done since, abandon Meego, Abandon Maemo, release a flopped N97 and thier latest crime is releasing a rehashed Lumia 800 in the form of the 900, very little to differentiate it from the N9/800. What they are doing with Belle/N8 is what they should have done 4 years ago, now it is a matter of too little too late. I realise I am on GSMarena which is a haven for Nokia and old skool fans and I respect that, but it is very much a case of ''Playing it safe is the most popular way to fail'' when Nokia should adapt a ''We shall have no better conditions in the future if we are satisfied with all those which we have at present.'' attitude.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-20 23:20
  • 3J6d

quad-core = more faster browser , more Great resolution at screen , and i shouldn't change my cell phone every year , and more ....

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-20 22:26
  • iEt9

> In reply to Bill @ 2012-01-20 21:36 from 3J6d - click to readBut what is the need of quad core cpu when single core n a capable gpu is enough (wp7 n belle ). Companies should compete in battery life ...rather than in such market gimmicks.

  • Reply
  • 2012-01-20 22:04
  • KFNx

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.