News - Reader comments

20 million Samsung Galaxy S II sold in 10 months

23 February, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
20 million Samsung Galaxy S II sold in 10 months - read the full textThe Samsung Galaxy S II has grown from a single phone to a diverse family of mobiles in all shapes and sizes. It took Samsung about three months to ship 5 million units and another two months for sales to reach 10 million. Now, sales of the outgoing Samsung flagship droid have reached 20 million...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to ram @ 2012-02-23 14:16 from pTi5 - click to readWhat? Read the article again. There are a more SGS2 variants than Iphone variants!

37 Million for two variations, that wipes the floor with Samsungs many different versions.

Impressive, don't you think?

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 21:14
  • nGxa

> In reply to Android Fanboy 4.0.3 @ 2012-02-23 20:46 from Xu4j - click to readLoL words from a FanBOY

Well if you think ROOTING and phone, downgrading, usin apps/utils like revolutionary/sdk and funny stuff like that make me an power user...well I'm a GOD user...I develop apps for iOS, Android and lately WP7 and believe me I'm very pleased with Windows Phon OS...

I don't need yerky stuff like dual-core, quad-core, those stuff take precious battery life from my gadget. And sincerely for maing calls even the humble 3230 do the work....by the way...I dare you go for 5 days to camping in the middle of the forest, take with you the SG2 and the 3230 and ath the 5th day trie to make some help call around...just guess who will have enough battery for safe your butt hehehehe

Daily sh*ts MEGA LOL, the SG2 get freezes even on that Daily Sh*ts you say I do for not mention I can't even use accurately the GPS simple because don't work correctly.....I feel sorry for people that believe power is everything....is a clear example the little head under thinks for the big one hehehehe

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 20:59
  • Pr@1
  • Android Fanboy 4.0.3
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to Boy with Black Hat @ 2012-02-23 19:14 from Pr@1 - click to readYou sound like a simple user and former nokia fanboy ,you dont need an OS like android to do your daily shits unlike us the power users since you are satisfied with that featureless wp7.you better get a nokia 3230 for your needs then say it is better than android !

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 20:46
  • Xu4j

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-23 16:21 from scXy - click to readMan, this phone is amazing!
There was so many times I wanted to return it but somehow I find away to solve each and every problem or obstacle it presented me!
It taught me to be resourceful!
It taught me to turn all its negatives into positives!
All the horrific problems it showed me I was able to solve without the assistance of customer service!
This phone SCHOOLED me in tech gadgetry!

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 20:46
  • 46g3

> In reply to [deleted post]I have the galaxyS2 since it came out and i have got so used to this phone, it has totaly replaced my pc/laptop, i do full shoppin on my fone and so on, the only thin i do on my pc is make music and edit photos/videos etc.. so basicaly my pc is just my media suite. Big up to SGSII

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 20:43
  • n5Pn

Man, this phone is amazing!
There was so many times I wanted to return it but somehow I find away to solve each and every problem or obstacle it presented me!
It taught me to be resourceful!
It taught me to turn all its negatives into positives!
All the horrific problems it showed me I was able to solve without the assistance of customer service!
This phone SCHOOLED me in tech gadgetry!

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 20:40
  • 46g3

Ppl r sayin how great the iphone is coz of how many it sold but if u look at it like this ull see that the galaxy s2 kicks iphones backside.

Basically everytime there is a thread about iphone or galaxys2 the comments r out numbered with galaxys2 users, now that is simply coz ppl who have the galaxys2 care about the actual mobile and is fans of sites like this, where with iphone users they r mosty ppl who dont care about there iphone but have been sucked in by the advertising apple have done thru out the yrs, there r hardly no iphone dedicated mobile users who comes on sites like this simply coz they dont care about the mobile world.

So they just have there iphone coz they have no clue wat a good phone is and have been brain washed that the cool apple icon makes u look cool.

They have gone for the cool look rather than a decent highend phone. Doh to iphone users

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 20:38
  • n5Pn

> In reply to Fruitcake @ 2012-02-23 18:09 from LhR1 - click to readhmmm I will not be so sure about your point...

I used Android for some years to now and I will tell you Windows Phone 7 OS Mango is JUST AMAZING...

You will not experience ANY KIND OF PROBLEMS I suffer from Android....

The only strong point of Android is diversity and variety but that don't make it a good OS in any matter or way...

I't would happen a miracle for me to return to Android OS, since not Donut, not Enclair, not Froyo and not Gingerbread make me happy like WP7 in the matter of stability, smoothness and reliability...

About Samsung that was my 7 (and last) sammy and believe me the phone is right the OS is just plain wrong....I will just wait for my next HTC dual cored/quad cored one but not anything from Samsung for now....maybe Focus S :D

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 19:14
  • Pr@1

The battery sucks !

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 19:06
  • 3CaQ

this phone is amazing. i usually buy a new phone if a current phone does not impress me..yes that's how i run my obsessions towards phone. i had iPhone did not fully impress me sold it. nokias still have it but use it when i go overseas....i rather say and brag i have a lot of cool PHONES yes plural than an effing iphone just for mostly ignorant people....that mostly say..

"you should get an Iphone for upgrade."
"why?"
"because it's an Iphone"

TRUE STORY...totally certified IGNORANT.

Next better phone on my list is Yes...Sony Xperia S.

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 18:10
  • sbxK

The Reason why this phone as been so succesful is because you can nearly do anything you want with this phone without damaging it,How many phone is there out there were you can change the battery yourself,Screen size is just Brilliant for viewing Images an Videos on it,an not like the Windows an iPhones at least you can expand the phones memory with Memory cards,Android is o.k but i just wish there was a Exit button included on Functions like you can do with Symbian,an then the phone batterylife would be lasting alot Longer,i got the Galaxy S2 because Mr Elop not Nokia chose Windows which is miles behind Android after having the Nokia N8 an so glad i made the Right Decision getting this Super Smartphone

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 18:09
  • LhR1

Samsung came up well by copying and stealing others technology well...

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 18:08
  • 2Z4x

This is why they are not interested to fix the SCEF02 camera firmware bug(stuttering recording in low light). They still sell millions even with known bugs

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 17:50
  • nHeQ

I searched market for new phone for almost two years.....S2 was bull's eye!
P1i was good but s2 is out of this world.....

Greetings for all S2 users from Poland ;)

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 17:31
  • gErt

GSII has Burn in problem.

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 17:28
  • pr0y

Unfortunately...the best patents are from Apple and Microsoft...

And Samsung will still pay loyalties to Microsoft (small fees but there are) as they still doing now from on and on the future lol

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 17:19
  • Pr@1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-23 16:21 from scXy - click to readlol , the last line ...very funny.
Good one mate. there are enough trolls today , commenting abt the screen size,guess nokia fanboys

They are too dumb to notice the direction shown by GS2 wrt to screen, which now-a-days all manufacturers are follwoing. LG,MOTO,SE,HTC all have 4.3 and more screensize

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 17:07
  • wd8K

conclusion: there are lots of rich people in the world

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 16:54
  • 8Kpr

I love my GT-I9100! I don't know why people are complaining about the screen size being too big. I would actually almost like the screen to be even larger... I guess I have big hands(no smart comments ladies). For almost a year, I owned an iPhone 4. Yeah... It's a great phone. My dad owns a 3GS. He doesn't know how to check his voice mails or even text message. The only reason that he has it is because he likes to be able to tell people that he has an iPhone. That being said, I can ensure you that a big portion of Apple sales are to ignorant people that buy them just to establish their social status. People like me who would not like to be tied down by Apple restrictions opt for Android. People jailbreak iPhones so that they can do almost half of what an Android phone does out of the box. Some people brag about how iOS is faster than Android OS... Of course it's going to seem faster... It's like running Puppy Linux on a modern computer. Android operating system is more advanced and has greater system requirements. I guess Android could start removing some of their features to make a more snappy OS... but then Apple would sue them for being a less advance mobile OS. They have a patent for that.

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 16:21
  • scXy

> In reply to the truth @ 2012-02-23 15:09 from NwEj - click to readSeems like your mental problem is severe thans samsungs phone ever problem, which u trying to create it on your own.
I doubt you have ever even seen samsung phone. and you dont even know how to use any device.

  • Reply
  • 2012-02-23 16:20
  • ThSu

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.