News - Reader comments

Nokia 808 PureView on pre-order in Italy, costs 600

07 April, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Nokia 808 PureView on pre-order in Italy, costs 600 - read the full textThe Nokia 808 PureView and its 41MP monstrosity are expected to hit the stores this May. With the release date closing in, Nokia Italy has started their pre-order campaign for the PureView. The cameraphone costs 600 while 99 of those you must pay now to reserve your unit. We assume that...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-09 02:58 from keqR - click to readso you already own one,so you can say how good It is?..

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 03:06
  • 3LWa

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-09 03:02 from 3LWa - click to readLOL if you say so I bet it's your wildest dream to own any decent handphone, that's why you still have the notion that Nokia is still "king" since you can't afford anything good. You're still using Nokia crap from 2008 and believe that's "high tech" :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 03:05
  • keqR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-09 02:58 from keqR - click to readyea right..dream on...LOL..

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 03:02
  • 3LWa

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-09 02:16 from 3LWa - click to readObviously you have trouble reading :) Pricing is and never was a factor in my purchase for phones. I purchase my phones without any subsidiaries from my carrier due to the fact that i want to keep my original pricing and unlimited data. I own a G2x, a Sensation 4G, and a Samsung Blaze 4G(purchased yesterday), along with a Nokia Lumia 710. Obviously putting down $500-700 USD for a phone is not a very hard thing for me to do, if I feel the price is justified. However, the Pureview aside from it's camera is not worth the price, as I already own a T2i and is a much better camera.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 02:58
  • keqR
  • BlueHeart the illest
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to steelicon @ 2012-04-08 20:50 from 7XcS - click to readThose phones you named are NOT dual-core! They are single core with a dedicated GPU. There is a difference, learn it -_-" the iPhone 4s is dual core with a dedicated GPU the N8 is a single core with a dedicated GPU. GPU and CPU are 2 different things bro.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 02:20
  • LBSF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-09 01:29 from keqR - click to readget a life..LOL..so you cannot afford this Master piece..sorry for you..

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 02:16
  • 3LWa

> In reply to RvCuarto @ 2012-04-09 00:57 from vxuA - click to readLOL so if it's your right to defend, how is it not my right to bash on something I don't find particularly good?

It's bashing sunday for me as I am not Catholic nor Christian. I can bash on your crappy Nokia all day long with facts, and unless you have factual evidence to counter argue anything you say is irrelevant.

So you're an engineering major who can't even spell "Coz" correctly? I would hate to read any of your papers. So tell me, do Engineers assume a lot of the times? You assumed that I am hating on the Pureview 808 based on price when I've made no mention of pricing nor have I complained about the pricing? It could be 1000 Euros or 1000 Quids or 1300 USD for all i care, if I don't intend to purchase it what does pricing have to do with me?

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 01:29
  • keqR

> In reply to cnick @ 2012-04-09 00:49 from 0C1V - click to readDont ask me to stop trolling coz im not trolling here, this is a nokia article and tell it to bashers.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 01:12
  • vxuA

> In reply to cnick @ 2012-04-09 00:49 from 0C1V - click to readJust wait and see, WP7 doesnt support micro sd card even if nokia wants to put one. Apollo does and other customizations that Nokia can do as well as camera customizations are open in Apollo update. You guys so impatient. give nokia this year.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 01:11
  • vxuA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-09 00:37 from keqR - click to read1. LOL! well i dont care if you know it or not, well its good that you know, do you want an award? LMAO!

2. Why should I, i have the rights to defend the product that i am using out of your impertinent comments. You? you just bash and do nothing. If you are a well educated person like you said, then you should act acordingly.

3. I know its Easter, so instead of bashing, why wont you try to do something GOOD right? goodness to others will come back to you. Easter Sunday is not connected to Bashing Sunday, lol! If you think using the word cause instead of because then your stupid cause and coz are text speak, short for because, a slang... OMG how stupid can you get it. This is a forum not a technical writing FYI. -pathetic

4. Cmon, dont tell me what an MD is... though its not my line since im an engineer. you dont tell people what an MD is.. what a fool... lol! you're just a kid - so go back to your room and just read books. study hard so you'll earn a degree. good luck to you kid!

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 00:57
  • vxuA

> In reply to [deleted post]Stop trolling! This is one of the best 10 tech Sites not a forum!

Nokia it's not even Nokia anymore. From what it looks like all the major decisions are taken from Microsoft headquarter. So I'm not surprised if ( the big expensive, even higher than Iphone, even higher than one Iphone and one Gresso taken together)808 is gonna skip some major countries at launch, to prepare it's release with WP 7.5 a downgraded camera and no SD slot.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 00:49
  • 0C1V

> In reply to [deleted post]hahah how i feel pity for you.

1. Sure you were just pulling it from "memory" you were just hoping that I wouldn't know about Nokia's financial reports. Since it's such an old device you figured I would just believe you and take your word for it.

2. If it's true that I can just "shut my ass up, and get a life" the same can be said to you? If you don't like my comment, on a forum that is open to the public, why bother reading it? Why bother replying? It seems to me here you're the one who doesn't have a life and feel obligated to defend and reply to someone you believe is trolling?

3. I have the luxury of time as it is Easter Sunday here in the United States. I don't have school but I am still doing my graduate studies work. I bet you wouldn't know of anything about higher education as you use "cause" instead of "because". Even then you spelled it incorrectly, "Coz" is not a word my uneducated friend.

4. Funny how you associate cost of the device and me, I have not once stated about the price of the device, in fact my initial posting here has nothing to do with the PureView 808, it was in reply to reelsteel or whatever his name was claiming Nokia was first to have a dual CPU set up, in which I gave irrefutable data and he has since shut up and left after being proved wrong and wrong again. Also if you've even read any of my other post here I have more than enough high end Android devices and even a Lumia 710. Obviously you don't know what an M.D. since your apparent attempt at a joke "basher M.D." makes no sense, I'll give you a hint... it has to do with medicine.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 00:37
  • keqR

> In reply to steelicon @ 2012-04-08 20:50 from 7XcS - click to readN95 dualcore?
Well you know something about it. Yes when N95 was launched computers had dual-core processors.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 00:35
  • 0C1V

> In reply to RvCuarto @ 2012-04-08 23:54 from vxuA - click to readhttp://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/...hone-a-flop/

This article estimates that Nokia shipped around 3.5-4 Million units of the N8 after 3 months. Where exactly did you get your sales figure of 4 million in 30 days time period? Nokia also never denied or back up these sale figures so they could be less for all we know as Nokia hasn't had any spectacular sales figure in the recent 4 years aside from the 5800.

ROFL what is there to not understand about the pureView 808? I know more about it than you my friend. PureView achieves high pixel density through what is known as pixel oversampling. Do you even know what Pixel Oversampling is?

Nokia is a huge company but they've been posting loss after loss for quarter review. I wont' deny that I don't make 6 figure salaries, yet. I'm in graduate school so the money will come once I get my M.D.

Again, typical Nokia fanboys, ignorant of the world and conjuring up these fictional data to support their love.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-09 00:15
  • keqR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-08 23:18 from keqR - click to readyou guys don't seem to understand the pureview technology and yet you guys kept on commenting on this section, for the nth time, there are two options on this camera, the Full resolution wherein you can capture photos in full 38MP effective resolution, size is around 8MB - 12MB, and the other option is the Pureview, which can take photos max of 5MP that does the "oversampling" technique, squeezing the 48MP into a 5MP resolution resulting to a lossless photo quality and detailed outcome. that is only around 1-2MB of file size. enough to post it on facebook just like in nokia n8. i hope your comprehension would absorb this simple explanation.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-08 23:58
  • vxuA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-08 23:24 from keqR - click to readFYI, N8 has sold 4 million in a month of release and still selling till now. Symbian remains the Top mobile OS globally despite of the transition stage that Nokia is experiencing right now. Lumia 800 sold big though it was not released worldwide so was the n9. Be patient my friend, and you will see how Nokia will mash Apple and SAmsung big times.... you fanboys tend to bash Nokia on every article written here, coz you are scared that Nokia is coming back, and no one can stop them.

Nokia is a rich company - and how about you?? you're just a weak, loser and poor troller!

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-08 23:54
  • vxuA

like a symbian 3 phone with a nokia belle os,my sister have a c7 updated belle 5 days ago...just the plus is the cam 41 mpx...i can buy a new semi pro camera with less than 600 euro

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-08 23:32
  • n3a9

> In reply to steelicon @ 2012-04-08 23:22 from 7XcS - click to readrofl, obviously you cared enough to kept replying until I gave irrefutable evidence to destroy your "reality" since you seemed to believe so strongly that Nokia was first "dual cpu". I'm pretty sure no amount of "trolling" could've stopped the N8.. oh wait N8 was flop. N9? that flopped too. Nokia Lumia devices? Those flopped big times lol.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-08 23:24
  • keqR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-08 23:18 from keqR - click to readActually nobody here who really matters care about your opinion.

No amount of trolling can stop the Nokia 808 PureView as the best cameraphone, with a smartphone integrated (!), in the market.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs7...-d3aa58h.png

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-08 23:22
  • 7XcS

> In reply to steelicon @ 2012-04-08 23:16 from 7XcS - click to readThank goodness you got it right, Its marketed as specifically a cameraphone, not a smart phone ;) no doubt it'll be a very good camera phone, the sensor is big, and the body is big and ugly, but no one really cares about taking professional grade photos with a phone do they? Average consumers only need to take pictures to upload to facebook.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-08 23:18
  • keqR

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.