News - Reader comments

Nokia acknowledges Lumia 900 issues, offers a fix

11 April, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Nokia acknowledges Lumia 900 issues, offers a fix - read the full textNokia Lumia 900 has become available just recently and exclusively (for now) for AT&T in the USA. Unfortunately, some users reported inability to establish or loss of data connection. Often those people were cut off from the LTE network completely. Nokia’s response came rather quickly – the...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to altini @ 2012-04-11 10:41 from gC7t - click to read900 users = paid beta testers

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-19 10:38
  • 4B{W

The link u posted, it's showing about no. of devices shipped, not saled.
(also it is in U.S , not in thd world).
You owned Lumia 710? Really?
Tell me the current software vesion in the device. (note: not the OS WP 7.5)

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-16 13:57
  • uvhT

> In reply to John @ 2012-04-13 11:51 from uvfr - click to read
you sir! yes you (JOHN) is a big crap.

your a troll!

you commented on my post on a previous article of me trolling nokia.

and now i find a post of yours that not really antagonizing the nokia brand but in a hot dispute in this article aboit droid stuff.

YOU ARE A TROLL!!

i (an android fanboy) has even defended nokia several times on few articles and you claim am a troll.

yes,i go in to a discussion w/ the nokia fanboys every now and then but i had never trolled.

your not trolling yet but watch your comments to others, give respect.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-16 09:20
  • 9Lax

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-14 00:41 from keqR - click to readThe link u posted, is about no. of devices shipped, not saled.
Also it is in U.S. (U.S. is not the whole world.
Samsung has no Lumia 710. i am talking about Nokia 710.
you owned Lumia 710?? Really??
Tell me the current software version. (Note: not the OS 7.5)

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-16 03:08
  • uvgN

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-12 22:24 from keqR - click to readIt's not with the N8 users. It is faced by some users. Nokia never refused it.Mine got replacement in the Nokia care.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-14 04:29
  • uv7t

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-14 00:41 from keqR - click to readThe proof u given is not the worldide results. It,s only for U.S. It, s also mentioning the number of device shipped, not saled. You owned 710??????
really?? lolz, tell me the current software version in the phone.(note: not the OS WP 7.5)

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-14 02:30
  • uvg8

> In reply to John @ 2012-04-13 11:51 from uvfr - click to read"Can u give any proof that HTC is selling more high end Android devices than Nokia WP7 devices."

YOUR EXACT WORDS.

Samsung doesn't make Lumia 710, obviously you have the problem reading here buddy, Samsung of course is the leader of Android, who ever disagreed with that fact?

I owned the Lumia 710, sucks.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-14 00:41
  • keqR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-13 11:12 from keqR - click to readRead carefully dude. I never compared HTC sales with Lumia sales. I just put my opinion thal Lumia is selling, well.
And Sammy is the leader in droid.(owner of GS2 & Lumia 710). Accept the fact buddy. U.S is not the whole world.
Have u ever used WP7.5 buddy?? I have used both of the OS, so I know each of them. WP 7.5 is far behind. It has too many limitations. May be for u Android is immature. But not for me, as I am working flawlessly with my GS2.
I posted the links, it seems biased to u. Then what can I do man. It's ur problem, u can't tolerate it.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-13 11:51
  • uvfr

> In reply to John @ 2012-04-13 05:43 from uvhx - click to readLOL You asked for evidence in which HTC is selling more HIGH END Android Devices than the Nokia Lumia sales figure. I posted statistical and financial data indicating that HTC sold just barely under SIX MILLION Android Devices in ONE QUARTER, and HTC comments that this sales figure is MAINLY contributed by the success of the EVO 3D and EVO 4G, both high end Android devices. Remember, the EVO 3D and EVO 4G cost money WITH CONTRACT. Lumia 710 is free in most countries it sells in, Singtel, Singapore's largest carrier is giving the Lumia 800 for free with the 3G Flexi Plus contract, not only this but during Q1 Nokia was giving away Xbox 360 + Kinect in Singapore with Lumia 800 purchase. In UK Orange was giving away Xbox 360's with Lumia 800 which was FREE on contract. Yet with all this promotion the total amount of both devices, Lumia 800 and 710 barely reached 2 MILLION world wide? HTC wasn't giving away anything certainly not an XBox 360 valued at $199.

WP7 an immature OS? ROFL then I can counter argue that Android is still immature as we don't have Jelly Bean yet.


Nice job linking to Nokia sites, yes you can find totally unbiased articles about Nokia there.

The first link you linked, only the Lumia 800 was 2nd place, behind the Galaxy S II and every other device after that was an Android Device.

Nokia and Tmobile has yet to comment on how many actual Lumia 710 were sold but from what i see not many are selling.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-13 11:12
  • keqR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-13 02:28 from keqR - click to readOh! come on man. The US is not the whole world.
Sammy is leader in Droid.
(Note: I said Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 have unmatured OS, but still managed to sell well, not telling that it is selling like hotcakes.)

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/03...s-australia/

http://www.nok4us.com/2012/03/...l-in-us.html

http://www.nok4us.com/2012/03/...-making.html

And the handsets are not free everywhere.It's may be in US. In asian countries, the hansets sell totally depends on the consumer. There is no role of carriers.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-13 05:43
  • uvhx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-12 20:06 from keqR - click to readThey are doing it in Canada on Rodgers.
/God people get a life just because you got a Android two months ago and now a bigger badder one is out you take out your butt hurt on other mobile OSes

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-13 03:31
  • scaK

> In reply to ric @ 2012-04-12 10:48 from vaSn - click to readthanks imao :p

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-13 02:33
  • 9Lax

> In reply to John @ 2012-04-12 07:10 from uv7D - click to readhttp://www.goodandevo.net/2011...-the-us.html

almost 6 Million units shipped in 1 quarter, this mainly contributed by Evo 3D and Evo 4G on sprint. LOL Nokia may have not launched on a global scale initially; however, their Lumia 800 is already sold everywhere in the EU and in most of south east Asia as well as in Autralia. In the US we have the Lumia 710, in the EU there is the 710 as well too. Like I said, the Lumia 800 and 710 both being free devices why is it selling so bad?

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-13 02:28
  • keqR

> In reply to jakhir @ 2012-04-12 21:47 from uvg8 - click to readshhhh

http://www.google.com/search?q...nt=firefox-a

It's called google, you're welcome ;) Nokia has acknowledge that there is indeed a problem with the screen; however they refuse to fix it.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-12 22:24
  • keqR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-12 20:06 from keqR - click to readI have Nokia N8 and it have no screen problem.
Using it more than 1 years.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-12 21:47
  • uvg8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-12 20:02 from keqR - click to readMy mistake budd, thought you meant in the UK

I guess it's me that needs the reading lessons ;P

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-12 20:27
  • iIR0

> In reply to Marco @ 2012-04-12 10:36 from 5i4e - click to readWhich ICS update are you speaking of? Samsung just barely started releasing ICS to their Galaxy S II, the only people reporting problems are those of carrier UK 3, even then it is a small handful of users, and then it was actually related to UK 3's firmware, or do you have any proof that ICS for the unlocked version of Galaxy S II has problems?

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-12 20:10
  • keqR

> In reply to Anders @ 2012-04-12 19:43 from 4S}s - click to readFACT: Nokia is only generous to the US customers as they need to heavily invest in the US.
FACT: if this happened else where in the world they wouldn't have given a $100 rebate.
FACT: They are only doing this as Microsoft has given them $200 MILLION to spend so they're not taking a loss.
FACT: Nokia never acknowledge the screen problem on the N8 and offered no fix on it.

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-12 20:06
  • keqR

> In reply to JP @ 2012-04-12 14:41 from iIR0 - click to readmmm not quite my friend,

My conversation was with whatchasay and since he and I are both in the US I was asking him to refer to US launch devices. In the US carriers are not subsidized by the government so all their expansions are paid through private funding, as a result we do not have cheaper and free devices. The UK and the rest of the world has indeed enjoyed many free Phones; this is a known fact by everyone, I even stated that the Lumia 800 has been free for months, and asked whatchasay to explain how come the sales are still so pissed poor if you can get it for free since he claims that WP7 offers a MUCH better user experience. So my friend can you show me an Android Device in the US that launches for free?

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-12 20:02
  • keqR

Fact: Nokia showed they treat the customer well.
Fact: I wanted to be treated well when I am the customer.
Fact: I left my iphone at home and went to work with a new Lumina 900!
Fact: I am stoked!

  • Reply
  • 2012-04-12 19:43
  • 4S}s

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.