News - Reader comments

comScore shows Android and iOS still gaining market share

03 July, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
comScore shows Android and iOS still gaining market share - read the full textThe most recent comScore report, which reflects the 3 month period ending in May, has Android and Apple combining for over 80% of the market. Windows Phone also saw a small increase in market share, and now stands at 4%. Some 234 million people in the US aged 13 and older use mobile devices....

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-03 17:16 from RwL1 - click to readBut then, no one buys a 3gs (as of now). Anyone looking for a brand new iphone goes for the 4s. And take it for consideration too that most of the people are holding back and waiting for the iphone 5. Still then, look at the sales rate. Wow....

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 17:24
  • 7q5Y

Nokia doesn't even appear in the report anymore...

fire Elop now before it's too late!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 17:21
  • L0t0

Now I was kind of wondering how does Apple do so good, cause I can't see many people having iPhones at all, but it seems US is pushing them up a lot. I mean here it's amazing. Android is just at 50% and Apple has a whole 30%, that's impressive, I mean in here it's like 55%+ for Android and only 10-11% Apple smartphones...

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 17:19
  • 5FJq

> In reply to Toxic Blue @ 2012-07-03 17:03 from 7q5Y - click to readThey still sell the 3GS which is very bit a low end device but choice to price it even higher then a S2, you cant blame samsung for this but apples business model of making 50%+ profit on all their idevices.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 17:16
  • RwL1

iphone may be second but that's a lot actually. considering that all iphones are true high end and expensive devices.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 17:13
  • v0qJ

Android is king..even here in India..Apple is always second best..RIM losing money..should just stay and sell phone in Canada.. my one x and s3 are best phone in world

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 17:08
  • BwWV

Sony is coming, waaaiiiiittt, it's just started this year and believe me Sony is a Titan in Electronics and it'll affect the market share this year.
it's just a matter of time.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 17:08
  • 8g1I

> In reply to Jay @ 2012-07-03 16:45 from n7}x - click to readMaybe you didn't realize that samsung sells 100 different products to reach the top, ranging from under 200$ to "i don't know" $. So it's able to reach a lot of people "crowd". Whereas apple sells only a couple of premium products "that many people can't afford without a contract". Even then it's selling like hot cakes.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 17:03
  • 7q5Y

Guess.. Sony has been left out of the survey and also it mentioned that it has been taken only among U.S suscribers.

If global - then sony must be in the top 3

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 17:03
  • 98$M

Apple to the TOP

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 17:00
  • nTpT

> In reply to Toxic Blue @ 2012-07-03 16:38 from 7q5Y - click to readDream on, and don't forget this is US ... where they use the phones to watch baseball replays AT THE STADIUM

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 16:49
  • mAM0

Wheres sony? Wtf?? Favoritism!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 16:48
  • uSSQ

a proud s3 owner here :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 16:47
  • HvX$

I guess 90% of symbian users go to android and the rest 10% like the MAC market share go to iOS

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 16:46
  • 0xQi

> In reply to Toxic Blue @ 2012-07-03 16:38 from 7q5Y - click to readLol keep on dreaming! Apple will never be on 1st place!

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 16:45
  • n7}x

where's sony??

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 16:43
  • uRGK

i love android and samsung!!!
though i can't afford an s3!!! lol

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 16:39
  • v0qx

Did anyone notice that apple is still selling like hot cakes.... By the end of this year, apple will be on top. That's for sure.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-03 16:38
  • 7q5Y

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.