News - Reader comments

Samsung break smartphone sales record in Q2, Reuters says

17 July, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung break smartphone sales record in Q2, Reuters says - read the full textThe official numbers aren't out just yet, but according to Reuters, Samsung might have broken the smartphone sales record in what is otherwise considered a pretty slow quarter. Reuters polled 41 analysts and, based on their estimates, claim that the Korean company shipped 50 million smartphones...

 

Sort by:

I don't really care too much for Samsung but I am glad they beat the iPhone. I phone is just a fad.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-21 01:00
  • kxIs

> In reply to not fan of any more @ 2012-07-20 09:09 from t7Xk - click to readYou litle Samsung fanboy, you just ignorant nothing to a shame boy.

So go on shame Samsung lover.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-20 15:54
  • Ajwx

> In reply to Fahad mirza @ 2012-07-19 18:03 from U{@I - click to readSecond quarter.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-20 09:16
  • cNdt
  • not fan of any more
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-20 06:17 from dWpy - click to readyour fruitfan-boy right! Did u even read the news samsung win in rase in Q2 so no coment heter vs. Samsung can break it! If you want your company becomes #1 buy and sold all of they product! He3x!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-20 09:09
  • t7Xk

> In reply to Mayu Mayooresan @ 2012-07-19 07:29 from v{tn - click to readThe most blind Samsung losers alway crying why Apple sues Samsung, becouse Samsung copy from Apple desings.

So crying is not bad for a Samsung lover.
Second, i have now a Sony Xperia S chance from SGS3. D:

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-20 06:17
  • dWpy

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-19 12:09 from mAM0 - click to readas i allready said, don't bring red herrings!!!!!!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-20 06:12
  • dWpy

> In reply to Fahad mirza @ 2012-07-19 18:03 from U{@I - click to readHi Q2 means Quarter 2 i.e from April to June

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-20 04:25
  • vGCw

> In reply to Fahad mirza @ 2012-07-19 18:03 from U{@I - click to readQ2 means second quarter of the year. The months of April, May and June.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-20 04:21
  • 6pAB

Wat is mean by Q2

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-19 18:03
  • U{@I

dear ifan, whatever u guys say about samsung either it has 'copied' or 'look like' but the fact is that samsung have won the race in q2.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-19 17:25
  • PAXp

Yo FANBOIS in here...so COKE should file a lawsuit against PEPSI for being similar and black and bubbles when its being open and poured, but totally have dfrnt taste...??? Think about it before u praise ur CRAPPLE...remmber LG PRADA came out with touch screen first before....CRAPPLE should just try and make better phones not suing every company out ther

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-19 11:22
  • RbqC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-18 20:00 from mG@@ - click to readAwww a Apple fanboy crying here.. so sad :( :(

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-19 07:29
  • v{tn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-18 20:00 from mG@@ - click to readThat's NOT the point? What IS the point then? You said Samsung's phones have been successful because they resemble the iPhone (though I fail to see ANY form of resemblance between the SGS III and the iPhone), which would imply that ANY phone that looks like the iPhone should have considerable success. So do explain then, why didn't that happen with the numerous iPhone clones, when they look JUST like an iPhone?

The next time you decide on responding to a post, do try and present a reasonable and LOGICAL argument. Back it up with facts. Don't come back with childish stuff like "You're ignorant because you don't agree with what I say" or "Samsung copies Apple because I SAY it copies Apple." Otherwise, you end up looking ignorant yourself.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-19 05:59
  • veFK

Apple copied android in many ways in IOS 5 &6 .

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-19 05:12
  • 7sH9

every car maker would want to build a car that pretends to be a Mercedes but Mercedes don't fuss over it cos they know what is under their hood. Apple fusses cos under their hood, they know Samsung beats them yet for a much lower price! so hail Samsung, they rock...

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-19 00:14
  • NHH6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-18 20:00 from mG@@ - click to readFirst. Nice to know your opinions become facts automatically only because you say so. Give us even a single fact to support your claim.

Second. If you call 'ignorant' to anyone that disagrees with your point of view, life will be tough for you. Set your mind open and learn to listen before screaming "ignorant" like a parrot.

Third. That was exactly the point of your claim. Samsung products are NOT selling because they are "iPhone/iPad lookalike" ones. You have plenty of those exact mockups stuck in the shelves.

Fourth. Samsung poducts are bought because they offer extremely superior functionality. Even die hard Samsung fanboys are critics of their aesthetics, and it's neither because "it looks like an iPhone" nor even because "it has a great design" that they buy it.

Fifth. Apple is the one who has been ripping off Xerox (personal computers), UNIX (OSX/iOS), Palm- Blackberry-LG (smartphone features and LG Prada's design) and even Microsoft (with the tablet concept/implementation).

Sixth. Some links for your entertainment:
http://www.applegazette.com/fe...-not-invent/
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/...ge-says.html
http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/...atent-troll/

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-19 00:01
  • N9xA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-18 20:00 from mG@@ - click to readYou know, I would've expected you to prove me wrong; present a reasonable argument in return. However, all you could come up with was to call me an ignorant. Because, maybe, you were dumbfounded and couldn't find anything to say. You know, in a court of law, your "argument" would've been instantly chucked out the door. Because you haven't got any.

Let us use your own logic. According to you, Samsung's success is entirely due to its resemblance to an iPhone (however hard I try, though, I can't find any between the iPhone and the SGSIII), right? So, by your own logic, any phone that looks like an iPhone should be successful, right? Didn't see that happening to the numerous China-made iPhone clones, though, which look EXACTLY like the iPhone. Why is that? Do, please, answer me, o unwise and illogical one. Why does an iPhone-resembling Samsung sell and NOT a cheap iPhone-replica from China?

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-18 22:51
  • veFK

> In reply to Eddie Quist @ 2012-07-18 14:43 from veFK - click to readFirst of all, that's not the point where it makes.
Second, Samsung success thanks to the look alike Iphone clones and tablet.

Don't be ignorant please, those are the facts.
So be on-topic please, don't give red herrings.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-18 20:00
  • mG@@

Samsong rocks!!!
Hahahahaha.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-18 18:03
  • IEPF

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.