News - Reader comments

Samsung to pursue iPhone 5 sales ban over LTE patents infringement

20 September, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung to pursue iPhone 5 sales ban over LTE patents infringement - read the full textIt was a long time coming, but now it has been officially confirmed - Samsung is going to pursue a ban on the US sales of the Apple iPhone 5. The Koreans believe that the latest iOS smartphone infringes on at least 8 of their LTE patents. The official statement goes as following: Samsung...

 

Sort by:

the iphone 5 plays catch up to phones that already have been out. apple freaks make me laugh. it just goes to show they will buy anything apple puts out -regardless of how crappy it is!

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-27 15:36
  • kAyL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-25 11:34 from q8Q8 - click to readActually I was making a logical response to another poster that had nothing to do with you until you decided to stick your oar in with baseless and incorrect facts..

Shouldn't you go out into the real world and try to find a girl/boyfriend?

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-25 19:51
  • TkEL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-25 09:51 from TkEL - click to readAll I needed was the first couple lines that twisted the facts into a manipulation to what satisfied their needs to know it was worthless.

And yet you had to jump in a random discussion making assumptions and put your own illogical two sense in.

Don't you have some balloon playhouse to be in?

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-25 11:34
  • q8Q8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-24 22:06 from q8Q8 - click to readAnd yet you still felt the need to respond to a comment you haven't read...

Do you not have homework to do?

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-25 09:51
  • TkEL

goood!

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-25 08:35
  • tUdx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-24 11:17 from TkEL - click to readI rest my case. You troll replied to my comment first with such ridiculous comments. Do not lie, manipulate, and scapegoat. Again couldn't read it all. I don't understand troll very well and just not worth my time.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-24 22:06
  • q8Q8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-24 02:04 from q8Q8 - click to readWell first off they're not smartphones they're feature phones.

Second. I was merely replying to you. It was yourself that decided to pick up on one of my comments and start throwing the words idiot and deluded around.

Now it's troll is it? You clearly don't know the meaning of the word. You seem to think it's just someone who has a differing opinion to you..

My definition of a troll is more likely to be someone who replies to a comment, insults the author of that comment whilst also admitting in the reply that you didn't even bother to read the comment you're replying to simply calling it garbage...

If you disagree with my points fine. Construct a valid argument against them

If you find them garbage. Even better. Simply ignore them and don't waste your time responding.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-24 11:17
  • TkEL

You are all retarded for fighting among yourselves just to prove your loyalty to corporations that only need you for your hard earned cash! Be it an iPhone or the next Nexus Phone, your purpose of existence for them is to buy their device and be played on over your little dreams and aspirations. 30 years ago the world wasn't dying because everyone didn't have cellphones! Just buy what you like and stfu about it!

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-24 08:50
  • KICd

I just hope the Apple lawyers don't have to use imaps to get to the courtroom.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-24 06:44
  • AGL{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-23 15:12 from TkEL - click to readWow....First off they are smart phones...Second...lots of assumptions and accusations..........And you call everyone else rabid? You may not be completely lacking upstairs but you sure are a pathetic troll non the less. I couldn't even sit through all that ridiculous garbage

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-24 02:04
  • q8Q8

News:
"The lawyers of the Cupertino-based company have identified Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as their next target and will try to deal a major blow to the platform, by proving that Android's core functionality infringes Apple-owned patents."

How can Apple sue a superior product than theirs?
JB is totally different than iOS, sure they come from the same unix/linux base (kernel), but that's it, and even that was open source.
For me JB is light years ahead of iOS and Apple will have a hard time keeping up. Yes, right now all of Android's features aren't polished, but after few updates even those will be straightened out.
And Apple will still be at the same old basic and some even clunky features.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 20:31
  • 3pwj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-22 16:39 from 3drB - click to readSamsung products are great and by the way we had samsung washing mashine and it is like best i ve ever seen

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 17:16
  • 0C39

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-22 16:39 from 3drB - click to readSamsung won't be going bankrupt while other companies rely on their hardware expertise for their own products! Companies like... lets see.... APPLE! and their A6 Chipset!

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 15:40
  • mqD0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-23 09:41 from q8Q8 - click to readLol. The Prada and f700 were both feature phones not smartphones and had nowhere near the feature set of a smartphone. It's tiring seeing people throwing these examples as though they were the holy grail of belittling the iPhone, and quite frankly, anyone who thinks these were genuine smartphones is just displaying a lack of knowledge

When you say "even I see this". I had my first smartphone in 2002 the handspring trio 180. Since that time I've had nothing but smartphones so I know exactly how the smartphone market was. I also know exactly what apple brought to the party. I too sat there with my se P900 saying apple haven't done anything. In fact I've only ever had 1 iPhone, the iPhone 4, so out of about 60 different smartphones I've owned only one has been an iPhone. That hardly puts me as an apple fanboy. When the first iPhone came out I bought the omnia i900. But without the iPhone Samsung would never have released it.

I still have my iPhone 4 and also have a galaxy s3. I love the s3 but unlike the rabid fandroids on here I'm smart enough to realise that without the shake up that the iPhone gave the market we wouldn't have the s3 today.

Look at the evolution of smartphones from 2002-2007. Minimal evolution at best. Moving from greyscale to colour screens and adding very little functionality. Then look at 2007-2012. The Change has been massive. All since the advent of the iPhone.

You call me delusional yet, because of your blind hatred of one company, you absolutely refuse to look at the facts.

Do the research. Check out the functionality of pre iPhone smartphones versus post iPhone smartphones..

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 15:12
  • TkEL

> In reply to intern523 @ 2012-09-23 10:00 from TdYE - click to readSo you like supporting an illegal copy cat that aims to take away choice?

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 10:25
  • q8Q8

THis is crazy.. i love Apple and mango.. hehe joke. GO apple you can beat samsung. KNOCKDOWN FIGHT.. love it

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 10:00
  • TdYE

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-22 12:46 from TkEL - click to readI don't really have to point out any phones. You did a good few yourself except saying they all failed was your own personal twist to make your long over exaggerated delusion sound better.

Truth hurts I guess. Again did Apple inspire and make things more popular? Yes. But that was because the name, not because they invented something out of this world. The general public thinks there was not smartphones before then, but that's just not the case and eve you see this.

They again were just among some of the first few to hop on the wagon. The smartphone market was already heading towards touch market. Plenty phones had better features. Prada was out first and also had that shape. The F700 had that shape and though was last released it was first announced and had a prototype out in that time period. That's just two phones.
Apple is a socially accepted conformity not a revolution.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 09:41
  • q8Q8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-22 16:39 from 3drB - click to readApple fan boys are mindless, they are like cry babies whining and weeping always. If u got icrap, keep it yourself, just dont brag i'm an stupid so i got a idiot's iphone. Go and get a life u sucker. Samsung is now making way better products than apple does. Only apple can do now is catching up with others. Do u think rectangle phones with rounded corners are patentable? How stupid u're. Still fan boys think apple invented touch screen phones, u sucker. Just face the facts and be logical. If the same case happened on others countries except usa, apples home ground, apple wouldnt even get a penny and would get fined for being a patent troller. It got fear that others are marching past it, thats why apple is suing others. Do u really think 4" screen, lte, icrap camera, facetime over 3g are innovative(that too between apple only), holy grail may god bless your soul. Atleast a third grader knows the difference and features galore on s3 now. Just shut your mouth and stop crying, go and do your home work again.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 08:30
  • U{8h

Congratulations apple! You will become a true innovator when there's no competition left. You can make your next generation phones exactly the same as the previous models and we'll still love you for it. Brilliant apple! Well played.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 00:46
  • kWNX

Sorry Apple VS Google...


I hope Apple has good lawyers. OR Google will simply rewrite how Andriod operates and make it better. We win otherwise. SGFY

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-22 18:42
  • ftb}

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.