News - Reader comments

Apple iPhone 5's A6 chipset performance examined in detail

22 September, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Apple iPhone 5's A6 chipset performance examined in detail - read the full textEver since the Apple iPhone 5 was announced, the A6 chipset which powers it has been something of a riddle. With Apple mentioning nothing on the exact specifications, we had to wait another week to find the core count and architecture, as well as the RAM amount and GPU model. Now however, we got...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Mobin @ 2012-09-23 19:12 from qbcE - click to readThe problem is they both different ratios so if the developer doesn't bother to update the resolution like I'm guessing the majority won't be so my argument is perfectly valid.
And iPhone is having exactly the same compatibility problems as Android now with 9 different devices with different CPU, GPU and Screen resolutions that all have to be either made for each version or just for the lowest powered iPhone so it works on all.
So this simplicity iPhone owners keep bragging about is getting harder each year.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 20:09
  • 3Jn}

android has the best maps app. do you agree ifans?

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 20:06
  • PU0@

I do not understand why people keep on comparing the Android's to the iPhone.
Apple created a culture with their products, while trying to create a seamless connectivity with all their devices, it is a closed model, which work incredibly well, for people who have multiple apple products at home and on the go.

Android is a different animal all together, Android users typically do not have multiple apple products at home, so connectivity to those products are not realistically too important. However it works much like a portable harddrive unit, which can connect to multiple PC options, and with standardized ports and cables,can be utilized with many many electronic products.

IOS, is simple, fluid and smooth and easy to use, which a lot of people appreciate and can relate with, as far as picking up a phone and being able to intuitivley be able to use it without too much issues is advantageous to a lot of poeople.

Android is fragmented and requires a somewhat deeper knowledge of how it works, it is less intuitive and more customizable.

Does this mkeans one is better than the other?
NO, it means you choose whatever one suits your needs more. Simple as that.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 19:56
  • 4x4$

> In reply to Chaostheory @ 2012-09-23 17:46 from Td84 - click to readMate , both are important .

GPU = Drive the display , create graphics or rendering , Transition effects and hardware acceleration

CPU = Browsing and App launch speed , general UI feels faster , Apps and Encoding.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 19:49
  • 2T7j

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-23 19:00 from 39x{ - click to readExtra black borders still work , for example , if a notification pops up , then the border is filled by notification and goes off , normally it pops up on top surface and goes off.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 19:46
  • 2T7j

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-23 19:00 from 39x{ - click to read Dude, half my apps are already updated to fill the screen and the other half will be updated very soon. iOS is not android, things get updated very quickly. Your argument is invalid, LOL

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 19:12
  • qbcE

They compared S3 with dual core 1.5 and not quad core like we have here in Euope... was wondering how would the test be different then!?

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 19:09
  • ssq9

They compared iP5 to S3 (dual core!!! in Europe we have quad core!!)

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 19:07
  • ssq9

All that power and only a 3.5 inch screen.
Yeah you heard me right it's actually only 3.5 inches most of the time because you use any Apps or Games and it gives you a black border down the edge and the rest is only used for videos and browsing.
So all that extra power makes no difference when you the screen's too small to really notice any graphical difference, so like always Apple just wants to brag about having the most of something when actually all this power will end up as nothing but benchmark bragging rights where a much less powerful Android phone can actually make use of all of its power because of bigger screens and multitasking.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 19:00
  • 39x{

the best performance test for gpu is GL benchmark and upcoming 3dmark...here mali400 gpu are very less fps...

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 18:52
  • utu1

I'm truly impressed but it still can't beat the S4 pros gpu, not sure what's more important, cpu or gpu.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 17:46
  • Td84

> In reply to tanzen90 @ 2012-09-22 19:47 from 0QXg - click to readWell, even kids, believe it or not, dare to say the truth, so I see no issues with that, do you?

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 17:45
  • pq@@

Nokia plz quit making new mobile fones switch ur company to some other kind of thing which does not relates to electronics at all...

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 17:08
  • KIwb

> In reply to Xilin @ 2012-09-23 14:31 from ntP2 - click to readu got it

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 16:45
  • Sc3Y

Not a big fan of an iPhone but they always get there processor right.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 16:39
  • 9F4j

> In reply to Sherwin @ 2012-09-23 14:55 from jxyq - click to readAnd I feel sorry for people like you who think you're better than other people because of which mobile you own or plan to own.
Life's way too short to get on your high horse about something as insignificant as a portable communications device.
How about we find a cure for world famine,all diseases and other forms of suffering and then start worrying about a small piece of consumer electronics.
I own a GS3 (see my comments a few posts down) and I'm happy that Apple fans are happy with their iPhones being faster and more resistant to damage than my own phone,it really doesn't worry me in the least knowing this fact.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 16:38
  • 3GCn

> In reply to 13 @ 2012-09-23 14:01 from pT7S - click to readIts not released... btw 2gb ram and dual core processor... 1 gb ram with quadcore processor. Same like Galaxy S3.. Only Jelly Bean can make some difference.. if any..

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 16:32
  • j{qQ

Yup this is a huge leap from iphone 4s to 5. As always from apple the iphone5 is the best phone of the year, then by the next cycle of course its iphone 5s

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 16:24
  • v0Xt

Bloomin hell all you on here need to grow up. Why do you feel the need to childishly bicker other who has the best phone? Iphone 5 and galaxy s3 both are overkill for day to day use. Its a little pathetic really.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 16:10
  • pK7g

As I remember, when S3 came out had the second fastest GPU after new iPad. Now, all of a sudden can't even compare to S4.

Something is fishy in this tests.

  • Reply
  • 2012-09-23 16:09
  • 0Cb4

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.